Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Jan 2008, 12:40 (Ref:2101801)   #876
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce
Fisichella set to be announced at Force India on Thursday.

http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/64563
Good news....for Fisi at any rate.

It is still 'Force India' is it not? It's a team that always seems to be on the verge of being sold.Maybe it'll be 'Force China' next season!
Old 8 Jan 2008, 14:21 (Ref:2101881)   #877
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
or maybe just "Force For Sale" .....
Old 8 Jan 2008, 18:01 (Ref:2102041)   #878
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No, Parcel Force!

And if they get better, they might wind up as DragonForce
Old 8 Jan 2008, 22:42 (Ref:2102219)   #879
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Straw poll: what do we think Fisichella's best result will be in 2008?
Old 8 Jan 2008, 23:33 (Ref:2102245)   #880
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
He is very good around Monaco and Montreal, so I would say he's capable of scoring a point there with a bit of luck. I do expect the team to be dead-last tho.
Old 8 Jan 2008, 23:47 (Ref:2102249)   #881
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fisi always shone when he was driving for the underdog teams, and he's probably doing to drive the biggest underdog of his career in '08. I think he could deliver some giant killing drives though, if he gets back some of that spirit he lost when he was first teamed with Fernando.
Old 9 Jan 2008, 11:12 (Ref:2102485)   #882
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefy
Straw poll: what do we think Fisichella's best result will be in 2008?

Payday.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 9 Jan 2008, 13:05 (Ref:2102548)   #883
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 9 Jan 2008, 19:58 (Ref:2102851)   #884
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
...and now he'll pay to race... ?
Old 9 Jan 2008, 21:06 (Ref:2102902)   #885
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rodriguez confirms FI has signed Fisi rather than himself.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2008/...ed-fisichella/
Old 9 Jan 2008, 22:16 (Ref:2102967)   #886
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Force India are going to be rather satisfied. Good on them.

How long for Fisi, then? 1-year, two? 0.78-of-a-year?
Old 9 Jan 2008, 22:47 (Ref:2103001)   #887
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
Force India are going to be rather satisfied. Good on them.

How long for Fisi, then? 1-year, two? 0.78-of-a-year?
At least one season. They've got a good, experienced driver, GP-winning with financial backing. A dream package for a struggling back-of-the-grid team.
Old 10 Jan 2008, 10:57 (Ref:2103313)   #888
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Bononi - I saw a report on Yahoo Sports UK this week that Fisi is going to get 800,000 Euro per year to drive for Jordan/Midland/Stryker/Force India/Your Name Here....
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 10 Jan 2008, 11:45 (Ref:2103359)   #889
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Not a bad paycheck at all for Fisi..
Old 10 Jan 2008, 11:46 (Ref:2103360)   #890
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC
Bononi - I saw a report on Yahoo Sports UK this week that Fisi is going to get 800,000 Euro per year to drive for Jordan/Midland/Stryker/Force India/Your Name Here....
Well, good for him... he's making better than many of us.
Old 10 Jan 2008, 18:52 (Ref:2103667)   #891
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Fisi signs for Force India.Liuzzi is test driver.

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=41582

I didn't think that it required a separate thread.

Last edited by Marbot; 10 Jan 2008 at 18:55.
Old 10 Jan 2008, 21:02 (Ref:2103759)   #892
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
FI have certainly got themselves a contextually excellent driver line-up.

It is always nice when things go the right way for the stragglers.
Old 14 Jan 2008, 14:03 (Ref:2105948)   #893
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Not sure if its still F1 but both Ralf Schumacher and Christian Klien are scheduled for a DTM test with Mercedes in Estoril this wednesday

At Mercedes they are looking for someone to fill the gap that Mika Hakkinen left in the team (as he retired at the end of the season)
Old 14 Jan 2008, 15:36 (Ref:2106002)   #894
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alonso11
Ralf Schumacher and Christian Klien are scheduled for a DTM[/URL] test with Mercedes in Estoril this wednesday

At Mercedes they are looking for someone to fill the gap that Mika Hakkinen left in the team (as he retired at the end of the season)
Great, so who have they lined up to test to fill the void left by Mika then?!!
Old 20 Jan 2008, 11:20 (Ref:2109787)   #895
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
bye bye Davidson?

Found this at a swedish forum, http://www.rtl.nl/(/sport/rtl_gp/ger...uper_aguri.xml .

At that forum, and from what I can understand when I read the article, they say it means that Davidson didn´t get the seat at Super Aguri. Can someone who knows dutch clear things up?
Old 20 Jan 2008, 11:56 (Ref:2109805)   #896
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It says Davidson might loos his seat because Super Aguri is in financial trouble, and Davidson has no sponsors.

The team has to look for a driver with money. One option is Roldan Rodriguez, who was linked to Force India for a while. Other option is that A1GP boss Tony Teixeira buys himself into the team (the article insists that he always wanted to do F1), and that possibly the A1GP champion gets the seat. However, Hülkenberg is now testdriver of Williams (and confirmed for F3 Euroseries in 2008).

Another source, Autobild suggested this morning that Alejandro Agag bought 50% of the team. And since he's from Spain, Rodriguez comes in my mind again.
Old 20 Jan 2008, 13:05 (Ref:2109840)   #897
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a great shame if he doesn't get it in my opinion. He acquitted himself more than well enough during '07, and if he hadn't had half the bad luck that he encountered there'd be tangible race results to back this up. Although that being said, even if the results did go his way I think that given the financial situation of the team it might not have made a bit of difference.

Still, it's not confirmed yet and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he'll get at least one more season with a race drive!