Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 6 Feb 2008, 12:14 (Ref:2122391)   #1
Ramah
Racer

Ireland
Meath
Ramah should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hans & Helmets

Morning all,
Im going to try and organise a group buy for Irish RX competitors for HANS & helmets. If you are interested drop me your name and no to rallycross@eircom.net I am not making money out of this but based on power of numbers we might be able to get a deal, I'm not dropping the name yet but they are used by top WRC teams. Im thinking there would be a full face and open face option.
The supplier has expressed an interest in doing a deal but needs rough numbers to give me some pricing.
Thanks
Mark
Old 6 Feb 2008, 12:58 (Ref:2122420)   #2
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great idea Mark, but just out of curiosity - could drivers from other formulae (I'm mainly thinking of single-seaters) make use of this offer, or is it restricted to Rallycross drivers?
Old 6 Feb 2008, 14:50 (Ref:2122487)   #3
Ramah
Racer

Ireland
Meath
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsie
Great idea Mark, but just out of curiosity - could drivers from other formulae (I'm mainly thinking of single-seaters) make use of this offer, or is it restricted to Rallycross drivers?
No problem with that just was afraid of the numbers going loopy ! but the more the merrier I guess, they would need to specify what degree hans they want when the time comes & we could include a single seater helmet (vented) as well.
What do you think ?
Old 6 Feb 2008, 21:28 (Ref:2122788)   #4
pgrogan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
pgrogan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
great idea mark. i have mine already but i must say they are ultra comfortable and after one or two events you wont even know its there. i think the hans posts option is the best rather than the SIA option available from stilo which has the hans permanently fixed to the helmet. also after a while unclipping the hans from the helmet becomes very easy.. i normally unclip and remove my helmet and then take off the hans once im out of the car.
Old 6 Feb 2008, 22:10 (Ref:2122829)   #5
dmy racing
Rookie

dmy racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great idea does this apply to drivers in UK as iam just starting Rallycross in the Open Series
Old 6 Feb 2008, 22:14 (Ref:2122834)   #6
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramah
...when the time comes we could include a single seater helmet (vented) as well. What do you think ?
Sounds like it's all too good to be true, glad to hear that someone is doing something to bring the cost of a HANS down a bit! Just one more question though, what if a driver already has a helmet - could they just order the HANS from you, and get the mounting posts fitted themselves?
Old 7 Feb 2008, 09:09 (Ref:2123079)   #7
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
There's a thread discussing various HANS related issues here:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103023

May be of interest
Old 7 Feb 2008, 10:47 (Ref:2123158)   #8
Ramah
Racer

Ireland
Meath

Ok just before this gets a bit mad !. I like everybody else think that the cost of them is very expensive and thought that the power of numbers was the way to go.

I am only a competitor not a supplier and have no financial interest in this only that I would Benefit from the deal as well ! and will not be handling cash in any form, that will be between the individual and the supplier.
All I will be doing is hopefully suppliing as many names as I get and then giving you the price, take it or leave it. it should be interesting to see what sort of deal we can get depending on the volume, I priced one in the states and it was $860 + tax !

In respect of hans only I dont see that as a problem if thats all you want.

I am going to restrict this to Irish competitors only as it will get too big (I hope) but would suggest that the UK lads get somthing organised as well as there is power in numbers but would suggest that the helmet you buy now has posts fitted as you will need them.
Thanks & if you have any suggestions or names....
Old 19 Feb 2008, 15:04 (Ref:2132602)   #9
Ramah
Racer

Ireland
Meath

"In all Motorsport Ireland (MI) National and
International Stage Rally events: from 1.1.09.
• In all FIA championships, trophies, cups and
challenges: from 1.1.08."
just took this from the latest MI newsletter, does this mean that we dont have to use them ??????
Old 19 Feb 2008, 17:04 (Ref:2132700)   #10
tkiwan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
tkiwan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not at Moment but I think they will be soon. They are a good idea its just the price is stopping a lot of people. At the moment I think if you can afford 1 its a good idea to get it and not wait until your forced.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 10:09 (Ref:2133195)   #11
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sure tom after the amount of money you spent in the last while it will be 2009 before yer able to afford the hans

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 20 Feb 2008, 11:37 (Ref:2133250)   #12
tkiwan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
tkiwan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dont I know it. You know that building the car costs a few quid but a HANS is on the shopping list. Putting in seat with the ears you know they help as well.

Tags
hans