Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 21 Mar 2008, 01:55 (Ref:2157747)   #1
spectator22
Racer

spectator22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
10HD Screws F1 fans over first time up

Sorry, I felt this needed its own updated title. After ALL the hype about live F1 for Australians by 10HD they are broadcasting this weekends Malaysian race at 11pm, 5 hours after the race starts. Instead, 10HD will show exactly what is on normal Ten, ie "Biggest Loser" and "So You Think you can dance"!!!!!! Shame, shame, shame on Ten. Can people who bought HD Tv or a set top box because 10HD promised LIVE F1 seek cash redress from TEN. Ten, if you CANT do it properly then hand ot to someone who can. You are a discgrace. Is thgere anyone who can be contacted at Ten to reconsider this disgraceful decision?? Anyone??
Old 21 Mar 2008, 02:02 (Ref:2157751)   #2
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i just posted in the other thread but hey, why do 10 keep screwing the motorsport fans, WHY?????
Old 21 Mar 2008, 02:25 (Ref:2157756)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
www.sopcast.com and look for Star Sports Malaysia
Old 21 Mar 2008, 03:23 (Ref:2157783)   #4
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is no doubt a move to appeal to their redneck audience.
Poor form on CH10's part though, Especially after making the promise.
Old 21 Mar 2008, 04:39 (Ref:2157796)   #5
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was going to buy a set top box tomorrow so I'd be ready for the race on Sunday too so I'd be angry if I already had.
Old 21 Mar 2008, 08:16 (Ref:2157900)   #6
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
i've had one for a while it's alright getting a few different programs and getting the NASCAR but it just gives you the craps when they go back on a promise.
Old 21 Mar 2008, 08:44 (Ref:2157917)   #7
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anyone point to where channel 10 "promised" that all F1 GP's would be live?
Old 21 Mar 2008, 10:00 (Ref:2157965)   #8
sjames
Rookie

sjames should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could be worse, all i can get on 10hd is looped scenery, may as well not have it at all, at least you are getting it delayed
Old 21 Mar 2008, 10:44 (Ref:2158010)   #9
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfit
Can anyone point to where channel 10 "promised" that all F1 GP's would be live?
Its a bit late to start introducing facts into the argument.
Old 21 Mar 2008, 14:09 (Ref:2158179)   #10
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
they had released a schedule where moto GP and F1 were live now on the same page it shows then delayed here!
Old 21 Mar 2008, 21:13 (Ref:2158506)   #11
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As bestfit says - where did they 'promise' this and wewre they in election mode or during a captive audience program such as - well, name any soapie.

Fact is F1 simply does not pull in the ratings figures they want - if it did then they possibly would have it live but it is about time many realised it simply doesn't rater.

(For further proof of that, look up and read the comments from ITV about why they walked out of their 5 years contract to broadcast F1 after only their 3rd year. Any exit clause penalties are probably cheap compared to the loss of revenue they were taking from falling advertising due to falling viewing figures).
Old 21 Mar 2008, 22:18 (Ref:2158560)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It strikes me that these threads crop up nearly every day.

Are you actually being promised anything at all or are you all on some massive and sadistic wind-up?
Old 22 Mar 2008, 05:49 (Ref:2158695)   #13
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some people read what they wanted to believe, rather than what was actually written. When their fantasy crashes down around them, it's easier to blame someone else than admit to their own mistake.
Old 23 Mar 2008, 01:36 (Ref:2159303)   #14
mjt57
Racer

mjt57 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
I was going to buy a set top box tomorrow so I'd be ready for the race on Sunday too so I'd be angry if I already had.
Is the F1 being broadcast on "normal" television? If so then you'd be wasting your money if you got it purely for the F1 on Ten's HD channel. Unless, of course your television is also HD, in which case it should already have its own HD tuner.
Old 23 Mar 2008, 03:24 (Ref:2159330)   #15
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsStalker
(For further proof of that, look up and read the comments from ITV about why they walked out of their 5 years contract to broadcast F1 after only their 3rd year. Any exit clause penalties are probably cheap compared to the loss of revenue they were taking from falling advertising due to falling viewing figures).
The latest info appears to show Bernie used a performance clause to opt out of the contract and sign a better deal with the BBC.
Old 23 Mar 2008, 10:48 (Ref:2159536)   #16
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjames
Could be worse, all i can get on 10hd is looped scenery, may as well not have it at all, at least you are getting it delayed
a good one to pair up with ten Southern Cross is full of crap

Quote:
With recent developments and commitments to HD programming by both the Minister of Communications and our network partners, we are currently finalising implementation plans for a complete high definition service comprising HD programming and commercials within our regional areas. We are hopeful that full scale HD broadcasting will be operating in all regional markets prior to the commencement of the 2008 AFL season.
yet Southern Cross will show a hd program if it is on sd at the same time
Old 23 Mar 2008, 12:04 (Ref:2159575)   #17
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg
Its a bit late to start introducing facts into the argument.
Old 25 Mar 2008, 21:24 (Ref:2161516)   #18
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As I said in a similar thread on the F1 section of 10/10ths forum.

Everyone assumed 10HD would show the F1 live but as we now know the word assume makes an ASS of U & ME