Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Aug 2008, 04:28 (Ref:2268225)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
MPM to close at season's end??

Interesting to read in AA today that Mark Petch Motorsport shall close down its racing operation in the NZ V8 series at the end of the season.

It seems Mr Petch shall concentrate his efforts on category management of the NZ V8 series, given that he has become a director of that entity.

Presumably this means Mr Scott will not continue in the NZ V8 series beyond this season as well.

Bring back the Volvo is all I can say!!
Old 13 Aug 2008, 05:17 (Ref:2268230)   #2
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
interesting to see what happens with Kayne, especially if TKR keep going the way they are, what would he do?
Old 13 Aug 2008, 05:18 (Ref:2268232)   #3
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does that include the TRS team as well?

I'm sure Kayne Scott could go to another team or start his own.
Old 13 Aug 2008, 05:45 (Ref:2268239)   #4
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NZV8's could be in a little bit of trouble, International Motorsport is without a sponsor this year and has all its cars for sale. And now MPM could be gone, leaving the series without 2 of its top 5 drivers....
Old 13 Aug 2008, 05:58 (Ref:2268246)   #5
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Interesting to read in AA today that Mark Petch Motorsport shall close down its racing operation in the NZ V8 series at the end of the season.

It seems Mr Petch shall concentrate his efforts on category management of the NZ V8 series, given that he has become a director of that entity.

Presumably this means Mr Scott will not continue in the NZ V8 series beyond this season as well.

Bring back the Volvo is all I can say!!
GTRMagic, and other forum members, I confirm that the AA report is indeed correct, though I have yet to make a formal statement of that fact.

Kayne is not only our No 1 driver but a valued friend, as such I shall continue to take a keen interest in what ever motor racing category he may choose to contest.
Old 13 Aug 2008, 06:29 (Ref:2268252)   #6
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G
NZV8's could be in a little bit of trouble, International Motorsport is without a sponsor this year and has all its cars for sale. And now MPM could be gone, leaving the series without 2 of its top 5 drivers....
No I think for now the series will be fine, maybe with fewer cars perhaps if it comes to that. It appears the NZ economy is tipping into a mild recession which is not a surprise to me personally, and there could be some effects from that. But I don't think enough to derail the whole NZV8 caboodle.
Old 13 Aug 2008, 09:14 (Ref:2268326)   #7
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch
GTRMagic, and other forum members, I confirm that the AA report is indeed correct, though I have yet to make a formal statement of that fact.

Kayne is not only our No 1 driver but a valued friend, as such I shall continue to take a keen interest in what ever motor racing category he may choose to contest.
Hopefully things aren't that bad over the ditch, there has been some damm fine racers out NZ. It would be shame to see the series go. The recession we are about to get may impact over there as well. But I think, fans will still want to see racing at its best. heads up