Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Aug 2008, 12:49 (Ref:2269599)   #1
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fun Police Out at Indy/V8 meeting

Today Qld Premier, Capn Bligh, issued a strong statement about the behavior of fans at the Indy Meeting. Seems the old boiler didn't take kindly to lots of younger woman flashing some fleshy bits, at last years event. Has threaten a big crack down on behavior at this years event.

THe FUN Police are out and about in sunny Qld.
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...74-952,00.html

Poor old anna,
Old 15 Aug 2008, 15:02 (Ref:2269658)   #2
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
didn't mind the flesh on the balcony last year, deadset if it wasn't shown on the news no **** would of worried. **** the fun police they killed the top of the Mountain last year now they are going to kill Indy. you were born naked so whats the issue with getting abit out.
Old 15 Aug 2008, 20:17 (Ref:2269819)   #3
nomad_n
Racer

New Zealand
gold coast
nomad_n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah it also keeps all the officals interested...... well when the cars aren't around lol..... we actually got told we had to keep our eyes on the ground.... so we all became sniper trained and were on the look out for terriorist...

But they won't stop it, or no-on will turn up...
Old 15 Aug 2008, 23:22 (Ref:2269887)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But they will stop it, by changing the date, so the meeting is in the middle of winter..... it does get cold on the Gold Coast too...
Old 16 Aug 2008, 00:42 (Ref:2269896)   #5
Boxy
Veteran

Australia
Beautiful one day - bloody hot the next
Boxy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
But they will stop it, by changing the date, so the meeting is in the middle of winter..... it does get cold on the Gold Coast too...
Yet still warm enough during the day for the young lasses to do their thing.. Not even winter on the goldy would stop them.
I'd be more concerned about the alleged alcohol rules. I mean, NO full strength grog at all?? So does that mean mid-strength beer only? That rule alone will keep quite a few punters away..
Old 16 Aug 2008, 02:58 (Ref:2269921)   #6
rpolinski
Racer

Australia
rpolinski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I was just down there last night and I can tell you there was still plenty of skin on show.
Old 16 Aug 2008, 04:40 (Ref:2269935)   #7
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
didn't mind the flesh on the balcony last year, deadset if it wasn't shown on the news no **** would of worried. **** the fun police they killed the top of the Mountain last year now they are going to kill Indy. you were born naked so whats the issue with getting abit out.
All the fun police did on the mountain last year was get rid of the annoying element that can be the difference between enjoying the weekend or not.
Just means that the bong ons and the losers that cant handle their grog will have to find another location.
Doubt the Anna laws will make much difference as long as there is alcohol being consumed.
The difference between the top of the mountain and Indy is a blokes brown eye or a nice set of perkies.
Old 16 Aug 2008, 04:41 (Ref:2269936)   #8
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Middle of winter = 9 inch nails
Old 16 Aug 2008, 04:47 (Ref:2269937)   #9
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Don't worry the v8 arn't on there own, after 4 years the fun police ( water police ) have stopped the F1 Superboats from racing this August cause they say that the boats are to fast and dangerous. Funny that all Qld Gov Dept and local council support the event , but the water police have stopped it. The F1 Superboats race at the Spit behind Sea World.
And come November when 83 World Powerboat Delegates come to watch racing the meeting is still under a cloud.

So it's not just v8/Indy that are suffering.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 16 Aug 2008, 06:13 (Ref:2269953)   #10
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
any got a picture of anna from her younger days?
Old 16 Aug 2008, 13:48 (Ref:2270102)   #11
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco
any got a picture of anna from her younger days?
Reading up on her background of feminist protests against Playboy magazine I can see why she took umbrage at what goes on at the gold coast. I doubt you'd find anything interesting from her younger days.
Old 17 Aug 2008, 03:21 (Ref:2270332)   #12
Peter Ford
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, south Australia
Peter Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It always the these types of people who ruin it for the people who wants relax and have fun once a year,i went to thei ndy race back in 06,i didnt think it was that bad,hoping to go back next year(if there a race in 09),it wont be as fun.
Old 18 Aug 2008, 07:26 (Ref:2270787)   #13
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The ridiculous thing is that she keeps saying that this is to attract families to the event. Wake up Anna! Families can't afford it! The ticket & food prices are to expensive for Mum, Dad and two or three kids. It's a huge party, not for kids, but adults behaving like kids.
Old 19 Aug 2008, 03:51 (Ref:2271309)   #14
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't know what the comparitive values of say schoolies vs Indy is, but Indy would win hands down.

As someone who lives in the guts of Surfers, come Indy time every pub/club/restaurant/bottleo is chock a block full... come schoolies, all of the poor little kiddies are too broke for restaurants, and are too young for pubs/clubs/bottleos. They wind up going to Woolies and buying a jar of Vegimite and a loaf a bread, sit and their room and be quiet, because if they make a noise they get the boot!

Every year they make a threat to crack down on anti-social bahaviour, and it frankly only encourages the hoards. Apparently they will be instigating a wrist band system, because in years past a lot of people were able to piggy back on friends tickets/jump the fence/swim in... so if they wind up selling a ticket to all of those people who got in for free in the past, there will be a massive record breaking head count for the event
Old 19 Aug 2008, 09:39 (Ref:2271430)   #15
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't worry, the schoolies manage to get blotto in their units.
Should seee the grog some of the parents bring in for them....

Always enjoyed Indy when I lived in Surfers, but it was a week of hard work (I managed an accommodation complex then)
Old 19 Aug 2008, 21:22 (Ref:2271834)   #16
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Last year at least a lot of the hotels (I know the ones in my street did) had security out the front going through all of the bags/luggage/pockets, and then if anyone turned on their stereo... well, it was on!

Not sure what that has to to with car racing though...!
Old 20 Aug 2008, 00:49 (Ref:2271918)   #17
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Long story short, whatever the Premier of QLD saw she didn't like. Regardless of her feminist views, she'll be determine to clean up what has become a very male dominated and driven environment for those 4 days.

It's that small percentage of people that take it too far. About time someone did something.
Old 20 Aug 2008, 01:21 (Ref:2271933)   #18
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Male dominant? Who is it that's actually going too far? I thought it was the women...?

What do you expect from Queensland's best?

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 20 Aug 2008, 01:53 (Ref:2271943)   #19
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be fair, this release comes out this time every year. I am fully in support of a large police presence - they never really intrude on people's fun but do make it safe for those not after the huge party atmosphere...I expect that nothing will really be that different from last year...
Old 20 Aug 2008, 03:16 (Ref:2271963)   #20
stoned pony
Veteran

Vanuatu
Chained to my desk
stoned pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur
Long story short, whatever the Premier of QLD saw she didn't like. Regardless of her feminist views, she'll be determine to clean up what has become a very male dominated and driven environment for those 4 days.

It's that small percentage of people that take it too far. About time someone did something.

What do you mean it has BECOME a very male-dominated event? It was always so, right from the get-go.

Everyone has fun, the fights are few, the flesh fantastic and anyway, it helps pass those very long gaps between races.

Anna shoule either get 'em out, get a life or stay home and count the tourist dollars rolling into the state.
Old 20 Aug 2008, 07:15 (Ref:2272016)   #21
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur

Captn Anna"Vinegar T###" Bligh has got the poos about some flesh being exposed. It has nothing to do with males/females. SHe just does't like flesh. Probabaly due to not having anyhting worth showing or was not Miss Popular at her school /uni/ or anywhere. I wonder if she ever wore a bikini?