Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 9 Sep 2008, 04:07 (Ref:2285262)   #1
bil588
Veteran

United States
bil588 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dodge quits NASCAR truck series

Where is the automotive relevance in NASCAR?

September 7, 2008

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/head....ap/index.html

http://www.leftlanenews.com/dodge-to...s-in-2009.html

http://www.mopar.com/
Old 9 Sep 2008, 10:05 (Ref:2285424)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
At first I thought this is big news but then I read that only Bobby Hamilton gets financial support this year. So in practice it has not a big impact but of course it can be a sign Dodge will decrease their support or even leave NASCAR in a few years.
Old 9 Sep 2008, 18:32 (Ref:2285838)   #3
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
At first I thought this is big news but then I read that only Bobby Hamilton gets financial support this year. So in practice it has not a big impact but of course it can be a sign Dodge will decrease their support or even leave NASCAR in a few years.
i didn't think this was big news either...well, i wasn't surprised, i guess i should say, and yeah, dodge will definetly cut and run from everything racing in the next few.
Old 9 Sep 2008, 20:44 (Ref:2285993)   #4
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah, indeed; this is no surprise, and, IMO, no particular loss.

I guess the Dodge-lovers out there might get all bothered about it (it being doubtless another sign of The Vast NASCAR-Toyota Conspiracy, ), but, well, I guess that goes into the category of not-my-problem.
Old 9 Sep 2008, 20:52 (Ref:2286002)   #5
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As usual, this is all Toyota's fault.
Old 9 Sep 2008, 22:11 (Ref:2286095)   #6
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was waiting for the first relation of this to Toyota, even GM said that when Toyota joined NASCAR it was the beginning of a spec series. Course the bean counters and investors running Cerebus may have more in the decision about continued racing; some of the higher-ups for now have said they remain committed to NASCAR. Wouldn't be surprised to see the truck series lose some of its races and be dropped within the decade, if it makes it that long. Don't think it would be replaced but think it could be interesting to see a compact or subcompact series to replace it as a true feeder series, like Busch, sorry Nationwide, used to be.
Old 10 Sep 2008, 04:50 (Ref:2286221)   #7
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
If the CTS went to the big scrap yard in the sky, then I think it would be neat if it was replaced by something quite different from the other two. I'm not sure in what way(s), but bring in some variety.

To just make another Nationwide/Sprint type series with COT3, or whatever, would, for me, be utterly uninspiring to an epic degree.
Old 10 Sep 2008, 09:07 (Ref:2286311)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
If the CTS went to the big scrap yard in the sky, then I think it would be neat if it was replaced by something quite different from the other two. I'm not sure in what way(s), but bring in some variety.
GrandAm?
Old 10 Sep 2008, 11:04 (Ref:2286381)   #9
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
what a shame if the CTS went to the big scrap yard...the last 3 years, it has produced the best racing of three series.
Old 10 Sep 2008, 17:11 (Ref:2286591)   #10
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that's the trouble the CTS is the best racing of the 3 NASCAR big series.
the truck actually look more like the road version i always liked the good racing and Dodge has been a fixture.
too bad- well if its FORD CHEVY TOYOTA it will still work - Toyota needs to back off so many teams!
Old 11 Sep 2008, 03:06 (Ref:2286867)   #11
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is not surprising at all, if you look at the results that Dodge has gotten in the past few years in the CTS it makes a lot of sense. The only surprising thing is that they didn't do it sooner.
Old 11 Sep 2008, 09:53 (Ref:2286995)   #12
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't be surprised to see Dodge quit Cup and Nationwide soon the way things are going.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 23 Sep 2008, 15:51 (Ref:2296203)   #13
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
mattcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
GrandAm?
That sound just about right.
Old 23 Sep 2008, 18:04 (Ref:2296290)   #14
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt
I wouldn't be surprised to see Dodge quit Cup and Nationwide soon the way things are going.
Wouldn't surprise me.

Ganassi might merge with MWR (toyota)
Evernham are talking with toyota

That leaves Penske.
Old 23 Sep 2008, 19:00 (Ref:2296338)   #15
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Isn't Penske the largest Toyota/Lexus dealer in USA?