Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Jul 2000, 15:45 (Ref:23340)   #1
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've heard in today's qualifying sesion that it seems that Jaques has already signed with Benetton for 20 million dollars a year. But the most interesting part was that it seems that there's a part in his new contract where it says that he won't accept Fisico as his teammate. Surely he doesn't want anyone challenging him in his own team. So it seems that Giancarlo will be moving to BAR next year.

I think that in the long run Briatore will regret letting Fisico go.
Old 15 Jul 2000, 23:27 (Ref:23398)   #2
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing

You didn't hear this from Murray Walker, did you??
Old 15 Jul 2000, 23:51 (Ref:23406)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can only hope !
JV deserves it ! He is a champion, needless to say... I don't mind where he stands for... just a challengeable car and he can do it...
Old 16 Jul 2000, 02:01 (Ref:23439)   #4
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No. Not Murray Walker Valve Bounce. I watch F1 in another station that has in track coverage too. PSN...the ones that sponsor Mazzacane. This guys have been very accurate when it comes to rumors.

Asfor Jaques, he does deserve a good drive as he's an excellent driver....but I don't think that it should come at Fisico's expense.
Old 16 Jul 2000, 09:16 (Ref:23463)   #5
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing

Rumours!!! RUMOURS!!! You want to give me a heart attack with RUMOURS????
Incidently, both BARS have outqualified the Bennetons. Wouldn't that be a step not in the right direction for our Jacques to move to Benneton? I know Wurz is going to get the bullet, but I just cannot believe that Jacques would have such an exclusion clause in his contract. It just doesn't make sense.
Old 16 Jul 2000, 17:11 (Ref:23504)   #6
Sharky
Veteran

Well, but remember that he'll really be signing with Renault and everybody knows that Renault will want to win and have what it takes to win. What is benetton now and what will be Renault in the future are 2 very different stories. Plus the extra money would surely please Villeneuve.

But about the clause. It's not so far fetched. I mean, he's been having horrible seasons in the past 3 years and he'll surely won't want his teammate challenging him in future seasons. Besides he'll be closer to the podium with a teammate that would help him istead of competing with him.
Old 16 Jul 2000, 18:14 (Ref:23509)   #7
jack
Rookie

jack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would be surprised at JV. In the past he has lambasted MS for not facing up to in-house competition.
Still, hypocricy is not as crime is it?
Mind you I don't think any driver would relish having Fisi as a team-mate - he's starting to add guile to his awesome natural talent. As a Jordan fan, I'd fear GF in a BAR more than JV...
It would be typical Briatore though - thinks JV is better just 'cos he's worth more...

Paddy
Old 16 Jul 2000, 18:39 (Ref:23518)   #8
Mr.S
Racer

Mr.S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JV should stay, at least for another year, look at how well BAR are doing. They were the best of the rest this weekend, and knowing Honda the car will be alot better next year.
Old 17 Jul 2000, 00:11 (Ref:23580)   #9
Sharky
Veteran

Well, you know jack. What you say makes a lot more sense. I also didn't feel that Jaques could be the type of guy that would request his team for another teammate...well unless his name is Michael.... I would also guess that it's a briatore move.