Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 10 Jan 2009, 23:30 (Ref:2369097)   #1
Rafael
Racer

Brazil
Brasilia, Brazil
Rafael should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Interlagos layout

Flavio Gomes, a senior journalist with years of F1 coverage, proposed a new interlagos layout in his blog, one of the most accessed in Brazil, to increase challenge and raise the lap times.

After some days of discussion, one reader of the blog went to the autodrome, ride on it with his own car, and brought his suggestion, based on the differents levels of the terrain. The proposal was presented to the Interlagos` administrators, who liked the idea. The concept ressemble some turns of the old layout and insert two new corkscrew-like chicanes.

So, what do u think? it should be a nice idea, of its better to let it as its now?

IMO, its a nice idea, but the most exciting turn of the current layout, the Laranjinha, would be affected.
Old 10 Jan 2009, 23:35 (Ref:2369098)   #2
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks good. IMO.
Old 11 Jan 2009, 00:00 (Ref:2369113)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The new big corner looks alright, but IMHO we lose two great corners doing that. The tricky off camber (?) corner at the end of the back straight is lost. Also the first turn into the complex proper sorts them out too.

It seems that you would need to drain a lake or build the corner on a bridge?

Admin note: We have an entire sub-forum dedicated to designing tracks! I'll move this there, leaving a re-direct. Fingers crossed I don't get abused for doing this!
Old 11 Jan 2009, 00:13 (Ref:2369118)   #4
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
The tricky off camber (?) corner at the end of the back straight is lost.
Perhaps the extension could rejoin the "old back straight" before this corner is reached? So instead of chicane, long left-hander, flick right, new straight, chicane ... you'd get chicane, long left-hander, old straight, rest of circuit.

I can't quite be bothered to edit the picture to illustrate this. Does everyone understand? hehe.
Old 11 Jan 2009, 01:56 (Ref:2369144)   #5
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't say I think its any good. It gets rid of good corners for no apparent reason & builds a corner through the middle of a lake...the kind of things that most people who had even a vague idea about track design wouldn't do.

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 11 Jan 2009, 02:36 (Ref:2369153)   #6
Stig
Racer

United States
New Jersey
Stig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You lose the ability to overtake into turn 4, which I don't like. The second chicane also makes the section from turn 6 to turn 12 even more cluttered than it already is. Then again, I never liked Interlagos in the first place. It does usually produce some good racing though.
Old 11 Jan 2009, 08:49 (Ref:2369211)   #7
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Geraldton, W.A. or Beached is bro!
TilkeWannabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like it, but I would bring the proposed turn 7 onto the straight after the current turn 5 to avoid the cluttering effect Stig mentioned.
Old 11 Jan 2009, 11:11 (Ref:2369299)   #8
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To be honest, it's not the circuit that needs changing. It's what's around the circuit - but they are not the easily fixable things. Overtaking opportunities do not have to be removed to get rid of the gun-toting maniacs hijacking team cars and stealing laptops and wheels.