Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 9 Jan 2009, 17:33 (Ref:2368364)   #1
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Voorburg.

This is an overview map for a brand new facility - Voorburg - including run-off and grandstands. The circuit has been conceived for all types of racing, from single seaters such as Formula One, to touring cars and DTM. Colour coding has been used to help determine the parts of each particular track contained within this complex. The track has been called Voorburg, because I liked the sound of it. But Voorburg is a real place, in Holland - and perhaps this nation could benefit from a new racing circuit to give it another foothold on racing's rather long ladder.

Below is a separate map of each track. They have been named Grand Prix, International, National and Club.
The Grand Prix circuit is the longest and comprises 21 turns in all. There is a mix of high- and low-speed corners, and some mid-speed turns as seen on the green extension on the maps above. For this track the anticipated length is well over 3 miles, but probably not quite 4. 3.8 maybe?
The International track differs slightly, in that the main circuit remains the same but the GP extension is removed. Turn 14 is tighter and can no longer be taken flat by the majority of racing cars!
The so-called National circuit is probably not going to see a lot of use - the blue extensions seen above give us the blue track map you'll see below. The cornering to the west [left] of the circuit doesn't inspire me a lot - but adding the blue link roads to the overall map provides one more option for a different racing circuit, hence its inclusion.
Finally, the Club circuit is the shortest at just eight turns. But the chicanes which complicate access to and escape from the main straight, it could be an oval - but those chicanes throw an extra challenge into the path of the racing drivers, making it (I hope) a fun little track.

With its base probably near the Dutch settlement of the same name, it could be a track completely viable for DTM, F3 EuroSeries and even F1's long-awaited return to Holland. Any thoughts?
Old 10 Jan 2009, 23:12 (Ref:2369088)   #2
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The International Circuit is the layout that I would choose. Great facility! Thank you for posting.
Old 13 Jan 2009, 21:27 (Ref:2370911)   #3
Aloysius
Racer

Aloysius should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like a lot of fun. The Club circuit could be great with the right kind of car.
Old 15 Jan 2009, 09:15 (Ref:2371835)   #4
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Geraldton, W.A. or Beached is bro!
TilkeWannabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like it lots. Fun would be had on any layout. Well done.
Old 15 Jan 2009, 12:29 (Ref:2371944)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Off topic comment alert
I have to type this or my brain will explode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefy
The track has been called Voorburg, because I liked the sound of it. But Voorburg is a real place, in Holland - and perhaps this nation could benefit from a new racing circuit to give it another foothold on racing's rather long ladder.
It's actually almost a suburb of Den Hague and I can confirm it is a very nice place. Got some good pubs too.

Thanks for reading, you've been a wonderful audience. Don't forget to try the veal and tip your waitress. We now return you to the topic
Old 15 Jan 2009, 20:05 (Ref:2372251)   #6
Stig
Racer

United States
New Jersey
Stig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really like the Grand Prix and National courses. Would make a great circuit for any series.
Old 15 Jan 2009, 23:39 (Ref:2372383)   #7
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks awfully, guys! I've never had so many good comments about one of my tracks!

Cheers for the pub info, Peter! Always good to learn things like that! ;-)