Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 7 Jan 2009, 16:57 (Ref:2367141)   #1
tausif
Rookie

Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia
tausif should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RC Tracks Please

I am new to My Tracks, but really appreciate the quality of submissions & discussions on this thread.

Click image for larger version

Name:	KC-RC Track1-jpg.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	20881

Click image for larger version

Name:	KC-RC Track2-jpg.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	20882

We have space at our new Karting Center in Saudi Arabia to build an RC track. Your comments / suggestions on two possible layouts would be very welcome.

BTW, I did not see anything on Kart Tracks. Are they OK for possible discussions on this thread?
Old 7 Jan 2009, 17:00 (Ref:2367143)   #2
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will give it a go some time

I use to race r/c cars so it will be interesting

I would guess it would be ok no doubt SBF will be along sometime to confirm this
Old 7 Jan 2009, 22:59 (Ref:2367362)   #3
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A track is a track as far as I'm concerned, and an R/C track is certainly going to be a challenge.

Not being familiar with r/c cars, is there any specific rules regarding the width of the circuit? Likewise the pitlane and does it have to be at that location and 14m in length?

Are you looking for a specific length of track and number of layouts?

Does there need to be a specific gap between parallel sections of track where someone can stand to "marshal" or put crashed cars back on their wheels?

How close the the perimeter that you've given can the track go?

I'm guessing the 14x5m area is a paddock and contains raised area where the "drivers" stand?

The more information you can give us the more appropriate to spec we can design too.

Oh and another thrught, is it tarmac/concrete or dirt with bumps. If the latter do you want us to suggest what and where, and again maximum heights etc?

If it helps anyone I've added a more accurate representation off the available space based on the scale provided. Feel free to use that for your work.
Attached Thumbnails
RC_1 base.jpg  

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 7 Jan 2009 at 23:17.
Old 7 Jan 2009, 23:14 (Ref:2367368)   #4
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
where i used to race, we used to have tracks running with one piece of drainage pipe between them
The pitlane is best if its near the podium
Old 8 Jan 2009, 12:04 (Ref:2367559)   #5
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Geraldton, W.A. or Beached is bro!
TilkeWannabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I watched an R/C race once when I lived in Brisbane, it was just down the road from where I lived. All I can remember is the cars are really fast and one of them crashed into the fence infront of me during a race. Enjoyable stuff to watch.
Old 18 Jan 2009, 10:09 (Ref:2373757)   #6
tausif
Rookie

Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia
tausif should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tried to gather some info on RC track design, but not much available on the net. However, I got some guidelines:

Track width should be 44 inches min (1.10m)
Rubber garden hose can be used to define the track
No real guidelines on minimum / maximum track lengths

The area we have at our Karting Center is asphalt with 25cm high kerbs all around. The paved platform is mainly for drivers to stand and operate from.

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 18 Jan 2009 at 15:51.