Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 28 Feb 2009, 20:11 (Ref:2406150)   #26
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
the.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthe.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanicaFan View Post
Mike will not finish one race in a higher position than Danica will this year.
I'll take up this bet. Mike will beat Danica at least once this season.
Old 1 Mar 2009, 01:45 (Ref:2406355)   #27
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup, me too.
Old 1 Mar 2009, 05:24 (Ref:2406402)   #28
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
how old is stanton barrett ?

I have really followed whats happened over the off season but is this the same stanton Barrett that used to race Nascar ?
Old 2 Mar 2009, 00:22 (Ref:2406999)   #29
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe so, and perhaps one of this years races will feature a jump off between the General Lee and a Dallara
Old 2 Mar 2009, 00:51 (Ref:2407007)   #30
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
the.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthe.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus View Post

I have really followed whats happened over the off season but is this the same stanton Barrett that used to race Nascar ?
He was in the Nationwide race yesterday.
Old 2 Mar 2009, 01:51 (Ref:2407029)   #31
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus View Post
he is 36 marcus - you would think he was a lot older, but...
Old 2 Mar 2009, 04:16 (Ref:2407079)   #32
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
yeah I honestly did think he was older being "a good old boy"

Good luck to him , I wish him well.

Its kind of refreshing seeing a driver come from the other way if you know what I mean.

we seem to be losing all the open wheel guys to tin tops (we managed to wrestle dario back before the sideburns kicked in) but for someone to come from that world into openwheelers is great to see.
Old 2 Mar 2009, 08:05 (Ref:2407165)   #33
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lets wait and see his performances before being to thankful.

At the moment it seems his biggest challenger will be Milka Duno
Old 2 Mar 2009, 20:27 (Ref:2407583)   #34
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
No, Im serious. This kid is a rookie. Danica is a proven talent. She will smoke this kid on the ovals and beat him on the road courses.
Well, we shall see. You are obviously very confident in Danica.
Old 2 Mar 2009, 21:17 (Ref:2407621)   #35
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like Danica too, but I feel Conway is being underestimated and disrespected here.

Conway's record in Europe is superior to many drivers that turned to the US scene after being unable to continue or break into F1. On paper, there's nothing to suggest he couldn't become another Wheldon, Castroneves or Franchitti.
Old 3 Mar 2009, 01:22 (Ref:2407760)   #36
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Danica is a proven talent. She will smoke this kid on the ovals and beat him on the road courses.
Yeah, right... Conway is the only one of the two who has already proved their talent. Do you even understand the significance of a driver winning at Macau, Pau and Monaco?
Old 3 Mar 2009, 03:40 (Ref:2407810)   #37
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But Danica was gonna win Indy in 2008 which would overide those 3 - damn that Briscoe
Old 16 Mar 2009, 01:25 (Ref:2416352)   #38
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
DanicaFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ryan Hunter-Reay

Ryan Hunter-Reay will be testing for HVM Racing at next week's IRL Open Testing at Barber Motorsports Park.
Old 16 Mar 2009, 09:24 (Ref:2416476)   #39
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Thats good news - he had agood year in 08 & deserves a drive in 09
Old 16 Mar 2009, 12:20 (Ref:2416611)   #40
nic.v814
Racer

New Zealand
Perth
nic.v814 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to hear he is one of the rising stars
Old 19 Mar 2009, 04:14 (Ref:2418896)   #41
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
Well, good news really. HVM Racing will not be at the open testing this weekend at Barber Motorsports Park. They will test at another track before the season opener in April. Ryan Hunter-Reay will be with them along with EJ Viso. They are opting for another test to better prepare a 2nd car for the team. Sounds very good.

Also Foyt Racing and 3G will not be at Barber Motorsports Park.
Old 20 Mar 2009, 06:11 (Ref:2419958)   #42
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I will bet my house on that.

No offense man, but Danica sucks...
Old 20 Mar 2009, 08:30 (Ref:2420019)   #43
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
All it takes is for Danica to have some significant troubles in a race before Mike for that to be untrue. Let us suppose Danica is an innocent party in a collision, or suffers a mechanical failure, early on in a race. Let us also suppose Mike gets further though this race (let us suppose only one lap more).

Just like that, this claim is busted.

I am afraid this is just another example of the realm of total blindless and irrationality you enter when Danica is involved. There is no problem that you are huge fan of Danica, but it is rather frustrating how utterly incapable you seem to be to discuss her with some degree of reason.

Nobody would expect you to be completely impartial when discussions involve her, for being a fan of a team/driver inherently brings with it some degree of bias. The issue is being able to recognise that you will have some bias, and being able to function, mostly, above it. This means recognising the limitations of said object of affection, and recognising when they make errors, or when they are wrong, and so on.

Sure, you are going to defend (or promote) this person/team. You are going to tend to interpret and filter things more favourably for your interests. These things are inevitable: everyone is affected, to some degree, by these issues when it comes to fandom. This is fine: an important part of being a fan is defence, just as said filter is, to some degree, inevitable. That said, constantly maintaining utterly illogical positions is just so utterly counter-productive. The more you speak from a podium based in fantasy, the less people are going to pay attention to things you say that are actually reasonable.

To frame all your comments and opinions regarding Danica from heights that, frankly, to date, Danica's performances, and such, just simply cannot be justified in any reasonable manner, is as baffling as it is frustrating and tedious.

Please don't take this as me attacking Danica as a human, nor you as a human. It is not meant in this way. I am just writing from the point of view of forum discussion with you with respect to the topic of Danica. It is just getting utterly exasperating.
Old 20 Mar 2009, 11:25 (Ref:2420134)   #44
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
Ok Dutton, I wil say this, that will be the ONLY way that Mike will finish ahead of Danica in a race is if she has some mechanical problem or is involved in a crash. But, if they both finish a race, he WILL NOT finish ahead of her.
Old 20 Mar 2009, 11:28 (Ref:2420139)   #45
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This has to be a windup.
Old 20 Mar 2009, 11:30 (Ref:2420141)   #46
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
All I see is a red "X" knowlesy.
Old 20 Mar 2009, 16:19 (Ref:2420316)   #47
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Ok Dutton, I wil say this, that will be the ONLY way that Mike will finish ahead of Danica in a race is if she has some mechanical problem or is involved in a crash. But, if they both finish a race, he WILL NOT finish ahead of her.
Whilst I appreciate the acknowledgement that there is one possible avenue whereby Danica could finish a race behind Mike, I have to say that this ammended form remains in the realm of the trenchantly irrational.

It is certainly a technical possibility that things will work out as you state, just as it is a technical possibility that Danica will win every race. However, this does not make it probable. I would say the shake of things over the course of things make it a more reasonable suggestion that Danica will be beaten to the line by Mike on at least one occasion when she is neither in a crash nor has a mechanical problem.

Let us suppose, though, that probability and chance both severely favoured your argument (they don't, to my mind, but let us suppose they did). This would only enable you to rationally claim that it is highly unlikely that Mike will finish ahead of Danica (mechanical problems/crashes not withstanding): to claim this as a matter of fact, which is what you are doing, requires the ability to see the future (and to know for sure that the future cannot be altered).

This problem of you considering yourself having the capacity to have direct and definite knowledge of the future of Danica's path through the space-time continuum is not a new one. If you could provide some evidence that you have this capacity, then fine, all debate would end. However, I have asked for this in the past but had no joy. This leaves me with only empirical evidence of said ability to judge by: it does not exactly come galloping to your aid; rather, it supports the idea that you are unable to think in anyway rationally when it comes to Danica.

Ah, well, whatever. No worries.

You consider it fact that Danica is incredibly talented and will be a championship contender to the end this year. You consider it fact that she will be a multiple race winner this year. You consider it a fact that she will win the Indy 500 in the future sometime. Please let me know if these pieces of intimate and exact knowledge of the future have altered. It is no crime for you to harbour this perceived exact knowledge of the future, although it is improbable.

I look forward to your season-long rationalisations of why your statements of future fact (both those already made and those to come) turn out differently.

I will give you my reason now for when things turn out differently to how I think they will (for there will surely be many such cases through the year). Note that I am not meaning my making statements of future fact (I do not have the abililty to see a static and unchanging future), but rather my judgements and opinions.

The reason I will have in each event things work out differently? I was wrong. My judgement was innaccurate, incomplete, and so on.
Old 21 Mar 2009, 16:48 (Ref:2421159)   #48
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

No need for me to say any more...
Old 21 Mar 2009, 20:50 (Ref:2421442)   #49
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Think we should just have a Danica vs Mike thread where you can all fight it out
Old 21 Mar 2009, 22:58 (Ref:2421563)   #50
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Think we should just have a Danica vs Mike thread where you can all fight it out
Do it. It'll be fun.