Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Feb 2008, 04:37 (Ref:2127645)   #1
Greenback
Veteran

Singapore
Singapore
Greenback has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Best Performer In Pre-Season Testing?

Australia GP is less than a month away, which team and driver have been the strongest so far?

Ferrari/Kimi?
Old 13 Feb 2008, 04:40 (Ref:2127648)   #2
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Ferrari and the "IceMan"
Old 13 Feb 2008, 07:39 (Ref:2127689)   #3
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well i would have to say Kimi/Ferrari.

i think Kimi v Lewis and Heikki v Massa, then Renault v BMW, then Red Bull v Williams, then the rest.
Old 13 Feb 2008, 08:22 (Ref:2127707)   #4
Adam RR
Rookie

Australia
Gold Coast, Australia
Adam RR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah I actually think redbull, admittidly it's very early, might have closed the gap a little to wiliams. I might be wrong, but either way i'm really excited about watching it.

Ferrari imo is the team to beat this year.

Honda have probably been the most predictable
Old 13 Feb 2008, 09:37 (Ref:2127757)   #5
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It does indeed look like Kimi and Ferrari are going to trounce anyone and everything this year. I was hoping that Massa might be able to continue to give him a run for his money, but I've got a feeling that Kimi has well and truly go the measure of him now.

Williams will assume the position of BMW ala 2007, which will be pleasing to see. Who knows, with a Hungary '06 type race we might even see a Willy on the top step of the podium

We shouldn't forget Renault though - between Fernando's 6 tenths and the W wing's 1 second, they'll be a force to be reckoned with! In all seriousness though, if they are off the pace of the "best of the rest" car at the start of the season I don't expect them to stay off it for long.
Old 13 Feb 2008, 09:46 (Ref:2127762)   #6
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I think at the moment it has to be Raikkonen and Ferrari who have impressed the most in terms of speed in pre-season testing - he seems to think they still have work to do, but the car is undoubtedly very quick.

Red Bull appear to be progressing with reliability, which was surely one of their biggest aims for this year - obviously we won't see how the car stands up in a race situation until Australia, but the drivers seem to be getting plenty of laps in without any major drama.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 13 Feb 2008, 10:35 (Ref:2127787)   #7
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I think Ferrari will absolutely walk this season, it will be another 2002 domination year.

Last edited by Sodemo; 13 Feb 2008 at 10:37.
Old 13 Feb 2008, 12:08 (Ref:2127850)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe, maybe.

I just hope not.
Old 13 Feb 2008, 12:35 (Ref:2127858)   #9
Hitech
Rookie

England
UK, South Staffordshire
Hitech should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's so difficult to make predictions based on off-season practice results. There are just so many variables with the lack of official scrutineering controls.
We will just have to wait for qualifying for the first event when, to quote Jack Brabham, 'When the flag drops, the bull**** stops'.
Old 13 Feb 2008, 12:48 (Ref:2127869)   #10
Red Bulldog
Racer

Canada
Beaver Bank, NS
Red Bulldog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apart from the top 2, the STR boys seem to be doing well with Vettel just edging Bourdais so far (I think this could prove to be one of the strongest driver line ups on the grid). Williams are also showing potential with Nakajima surprisingly the fastest.
Red Bull have gone the fastest so far this morning, go Webber!
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=33903
Old 13 Feb 2008, 13:02 (Ref:2127884)   #11
Good Times
Racer

United Kingdom
Surrey / Texas
Good Times should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Massa & Ferrari
Old 13 Feb 2008, 13:10 (Ref:2127887)   #12
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Vettel looks particulary good, Glock doesnt look too shy either up againts a seasoned veteran and one-lap wonder that Trulli is. Also, loved the way Nando returned to Renault with the best lap an R27 ever did around Jerez.

Fastest of them all is without a doubt World Champion Kimi though.
Old 13 Feb 2008, 15:48 (Ref:2127988)   #13
Greenback
Veteran

Singapore
Singapore
Greenback has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...13160355.shtml

comment from Trulli
Old 13 Feb 2008, 16:15 (Ref:2128006)   #14
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Williams are also showing potential with Nakajima surprisingly the fastest.[/QUOTE]
also the surprise of pre season for me.
just testing, but i have some really high hopes for Williams this year....well every year but this year is going to be it
Old 13 Feb 2008, 16:32 (Ref:2128019)   #15
thebullet
Veteran

England
Leamington Spa
thebullet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alonso11
Vettel looks particulary good, Glock doesnt look too shy either up againts a seasoned veteran and one-lap wonder that Trulli is. Also, loved the way Nando returned to Renault with the best lap an R27 ever did around Jerez.

Fastest of them all is without a doubt World Champion Kimi though.
100% agree, Renualt have in my opinion bin the stongest through testing, and they seem to be on track, litraly.
Old 13 Feb 2008, 19:11 (Ref:2128154)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sadly, it appears Kimi and Ferrari have been strongest. Ferrari seem to be developing at a rapid rate compared to McLaren. This was not entirely unexpected for many a reason.

Outside the top two teams, I have been most impressed by Renault. Alonso has helped move them forward, the design team appear to have righted the wrongs of 2007 and things look a lot better overall.
Old 13 Feb 2008, 19:35 (Ref:2128173)   #17
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi appears to be apraoching this season with a determination and dedication unlike anything i've seen from him before.
I think he knows that this is his time to capitalise on the opportunities in front of him while Lewis is still relatively inexperienced, and make his mark.
Old 13 Feb 2008, 20:37 (Ref:2128202)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I believe that, actually no matter who, he's just at the peak of his career.
Old 14 Feb 2008, 12:03 (Ref:2128632)   #19
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what is the current running order seemingly looking like?

Here is my guess:

Ferrari
McLaren
Williams / Renault / BMW for best of the rest
Toro Rosso / RBR
Honda / Toyota may be mixing with the teams in the two lines above
Spyker, erm, Force 1ndia
SuperAguri, whose money saving initiatives clearly limit their efforts
Old 14 Feb 2008, 12:29 (Ref:2128647)   #20
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi/Ferrari have looked flawless so far in testing. Further back, BMW and Renault seem to be making the most noise with the least gain whilst Williams and to a lesser extent RBR are quietly getting on with things and moving forward.
Old 14 Feb 2008, 14:13 (Ref:2128741)   #21
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Gives you Wings ... nothing wrong with their testing so far ...

No traction control, more driver input will see the better drivers shine even in cars that are'nt quite up to the M and the F. If the RBR reliability has trully been solved then Webber is going to win a race in 08 and finish Top 5 in the WDC.

If it ****es down raining in every race, he'll win it.

Yes, yes, I'll take my medication ...
Old 14 Feb 2008, 16:16 (Ref:2128821)   #22
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Hurry ! Your pills !
Old 14 Feb 2008, 18:33 (Ref:2128939)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6

If it ****es down raining in every race, he'll win it.
No, he will park it. Races in the rain are too dangerous without TC now according to Mark. It is only right he sticks to his morals.
Old 14 Feb 2008, 19:26 (Ref:2128999)   #24
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
No, he will park it. Races in the rain are too dangerous without TC now according to Mark. It is only right he sticks to his morals.
RedBull may give you wings,but maybe they're not too clever when they get wet.

MW's wet weather abilities are a little bit up and down to say the least.He seemed to do OK last season,but with Williams he was usually one of the first to soil the kitty-litter.

Anyway,it still seems that the best cars will have the best grip and traction regardless of who is driving them.
Old 14 Feb 2008, 19:47 (Ref:2129034)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

I am hoping that we can see many wet races this season, it will be interesting to see who's who under those conditions...