Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 26 May 2010, 08:53 (Ref:2698397)   #26
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Nigel's fan base is probably less likely to be Le mans fans, but his being at le mans will bring in a few new fans and some of those might find they actually like proper motorracing rather than Formula farce.
Old 26 May 2010, 11:25 (Ref:2698476)   #27
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Hmmm. I wonder how much a team LNT Red 5 hat may be worth???
Scrounged from Sillystone last year.
Old 26 May 2010, 11:25 (Ref:2698477)   #28
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I used to be a Nigel Mansell fan when I was a kid. And then I met him...
Old 26 May 2010, 12:44 (Ref:2698534)   #29
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
I used to be a Nigel Mansell fan when I was a kid. And then I met him...
What did he do to you ? I was a big fan of him and travelled to the Autosport International show just for him and to get an autograph on a picture. When I finally was in front of him after signing for almost everyone there he called it a day and even when I said that I came from Holland just for him he did not want to sign anymore. That day my hero became a zero untill I met him in Le Mans last year, he finally took some time but I did not have the specific picture with me, will try again this year, maybe the zero can be some sort of a hero again...
Old 26 May 2010, 13:23 (Ref:2698575)   #30
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I got an autograph from him once, just missed out on a picture though. He seemed nice enough to me. I can imagine how gutting it must be to just miss out on getting a chance to meet him though!
Old 26 May 2010, 13:44 (Ref:2698587)   #31
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
What did he do to you ? I was a big fan of him and travelled to the Autosport International show just for him and to get an autograph on a picture. When I finally was in front of him after signing for almost everyone there he called it a day and even when I said that I came from Holland just for him he did not want to sign anymore. That day my hero became a zero untill I met him in Le Mans last year, he finally took some time but I did not have the specific picture with me, will try again this year, maybe the zero can be some sort of a hero again...
I just realised he wasn't what I thought he was. We all know about the ego and the dramatics but I thought there was something more than that. Seems there wasn't. The stories of him having people removed from his golf course cos they dared to greet him as Nigel rather than Mr Mansell don't do him any favours in my mind either.
Old 26 May 2010, 16:12 (Ref:2698667)   #32
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
He remains a strange character, one moment just fine the other moment he could be a real cry baby on TV.
Old 27 May 2010, 15:33 (Ref:2699323)   #33
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
He also uses 'we' when he means 'I'. The reserve of royalty and egomaniac sports stars, neither of which I have much time for.

In his defence though, he could and should have been a F1 WDC several times over and was a truly great racer throughout the 1980s.