Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 7 Sep 2010, 20:37 (Ref:2755916)   #76
StockHatch782
Racer

StockHatch782 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Er, who says I have not been to Lydden? I have been twice this year thanks so am perfectly able to comment.

Add to that at least 7 or 8 other times I think over 20 years and maybe thats enough eh!
Come and say hi at the next meeting you're at, Chunder; it's always good to meet people in real life as well as on here. I'm in a yellow stock hatch, number 782, as my username suggests!

That obviously goes for anyone on here, too; always happy to put a name to a face.
Old 13 Sep 2010, 11:55 (Ref:2758679)   #77
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Absolute rubbish 4 quid is not at all right, its a total rip off.

I am at F1 stock car world final today with a crowd of 8000 and they are charging 2.80

One more reason why I wont be back quickly, and having to go for a pee in a bog swimming in male urine! Nice touch that!

Good Lord

yeah, but i just paid 15 quid to watch f1's at Scunthorpe. it lasted 3 hrs, Couldnt hear the commentary in the big gaps between the racing. loads of big gaps in the three hours, and lets say the food on offer wasnt the best.

and not to mention the organisers had the smallest car park available, and were making people park on road sides, on the roundabouts etc.

If your anticipating 3000 people, please make sure you have enough LEGAL Facilities

So i think 13 quid for 7 hrs entertainment isnt to bad really.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 02:43 (Ref:2759072)   #78
Tall Chris
Racer

England
Headcorn
Tall Chris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Absolute rubbish 4 quid is not at all right, its a total rip off.

I am at F1 stock car world final today with a crowd of 8000 and they are charging 2.80

One more reason why I wont be back quickly, and having to go for a pee in a bog swimming in male urine! Nice touch that!

Good Lord
£4 is about the going rate, whilst i realise that 'Back in the day' you could get family admission, ham sandwiches and lashings of ginger beer, and still have enough change for the bus home from £4, but this is now.

Ok the toilets got blocked - as soon as it was reported, the circuit staff went to deal with it, you should see the toilets at the South East's rounds of the Reliant Robin World Championships!
Old 14 Sep 2010, 20:36 (Ref:2759472)   #79
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I guess it depends on what you want out of a meeting and what you think is reasonable.

I think I am spoiled with short oval things, they never charge stupid money for things apart from a few tracks.

AS for Scunthorpe, I ave never been there and the PA is never able to heard during racing! If youa re talking about anytime then just go and say something? Might be somehting they dont know about.

It's a new venue and only used a few times, mainly for speedway! THey dont normally get crowds for that so hardly fair to complain when they only max the car park twice a year! But you werent to know I guess.

Hardcore man, Robins!! You must be mad! Theya re dulla s dish!
Old 18 Sep 2010, 01:38 (Ref:2761086)   #80
Tall Chris
Racer

England
Headcorn
Tall Chris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Circuit looked pretty good on Motors TV, was interesting to see the aerial shots from the helicopter. Not to sure about the changes to Chessons over the past year or so, as a one line corner it makes overtaking all the harder, in fact walking the circuit the tarmac / concrete seems to be encroaching more and more in to the rough, oh well I guess there's a reason for it.
Roll on January 3rd
Old 18 Sep 2010, 09:53 (Ref:2761152)   #81
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
it seems fairly commonplace on most rallycr5oss tracks these days that the term "loose surface" really means tarmac sprinkled with a bit of very light loose that one practice session in 4wd cars gets rid of.

Even most tracks in Europe the term loose really doesnt apply! Estering seems to manage ok, as do some of the Scandinavian tracks. But Lydden, Valkenswaard, the Belgian track and most of the Eastern Europe ones are really only hardcrete stuff covered in loose shale.

A shame really as this would be fine on slicks rather than the more treaded tyres they use these days.

I have noticed than in Scandinavia they still use slicks and half cuts! Seems those guys are far ahead in manyw ays to the rest of Europe when it comes to certain areas.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 20:31 (Ref:2761351)   #82
StockHatch782
Racer

StockHatch782 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I have noticed than in Scandinavia they still use slicks and half cuts! Seems those guys are far ahead in manyw ays to the rest of Europe when it comes to certain areas.
All the top guys run slicks in the British championship.