Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

View Poll Results: I would like the main commentator to be...
James Allen 1 1.20%
Martin Brundle (with a new pundit) 14 16.87%
Charlie Cox 2 2.41%
David Croft 13 15.66%
Ben Edwards 30 36.14%
Louise Goodman 1 1.20%
Martin Haven 8 9.64%
John Hindhaugh 5 6.02%
Ted Kravitz 1 1.20%
Toby Moody 4 4.82%
Jonathon Shaw 0 0%
David Tuckman 0 0%
Another specific commentator... 4 4.82%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 Sep 2010, 18:50 (Ref:2765658)   #51
Steve Milward
Racer

United Kingdom
Liverpool
Steve Milward should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
I rate James Allen as a journalist but not as a commentator, to have him back in the seat would be a disservice to JA, the BBC and the fans.
Totally agree, the BBC needs someone like Crofty but the problem there is that then 5 live would lose a very good member of the team. Maybe they could tie Radio and Tv commentary together for the race, now there's a plan.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 19:54 (Ref:2765698)   #52
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The radio and TV commentary should be different. On radio the commentators should never shut up and describe what is happening. On TV the commentators should only add to what you can see, there is no need to describe everything.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 22:01 (Ref:2765790)   #53
d.rocky
Racer

England
Lola country.
d.rocky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if i had it my way id have brundle, david croft and karun chandhok.
i think the latter two work really well together when commentating the practice sessions.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 22:02 (Ref:2765791)   #54
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Good commentary tonight by Ben Edwards on the Goodwood Revival meeting.
Old 28 Sep 2010, 11:26 (Ref:2765978)   #55
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hypothetically, if I was contracted to one tv company and an aquaintance asked me about "the" best job in my field that just happened to be with a rival tv company, I might well give a positive yet suitably bland reply that it's the top job and I'd be daft not to want to do it sometime.

However, I'd be a bit annoyed if that aquaintance then continued to spam an internet forum seemingly on my behalf, making a deal of the fact we had spoken and claiming that I wanted the job. First because it's a simple betrayal of confidence, and second because it might lead to some awkward questions from my current employer.

And in this hypothetical situation, I certainly wouldn't be confiding in that hypothetical aquaintance again.
Old 28 Sep 2010, 13:40 (Ref:2766060)   #56
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I like Brundle in his current role. Main commentator should either be Ben Edwards or David Croft. Ben gets the vote although I wouldn't mind either.
Old 28 Sep 2010, 15:53 (Ref:2766130)   #57
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
perhaps a straight swap between croft and legard would work well. legard was superb on the radio, and crofty seems to manage a bit better with commentating for tv, as he does with the red button practice coverage.

it's all academic anyway. what is MOST important is the return the change of commentary option to freeview!
Old 28 Sep 2010, 18:06 (Ref:2766205)   #58
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
Hypothetically, if I was contracted to one tv company and an aquaintance asked me about "the" best job in my field that just happened to be with a rival tv company, I might well give a positive yet suitably bland reply that it's the top job and I'd be daft not to want to do it sometime.

However, I'd be a bit annoyed if that aquaintance then continued to spam an internet forum seemingly on my behalf, making a deal of the fact we had spoken and claiming that I wanted the job. First because it's a simple betrayal of confidence, and second because it might lead to some awkward questions from my current employer.

And in this hypothetical situation, I certainly wouldn't be confiding in that hypothetical aquaintance again.
On the assumption that this was aimed at me, I am sending you a PM.
Old 28 Sep 2010, 23:03 (Ref:2766345)   #59
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
it's all academic anyway. what is MOST important is the return the change of commentary option to freeview!

This is the most important bit to me too. I don't really care about the onboards or whatever option it is this week - just let me choose the commentary I want. The bonus of course is that however bad the main commentator is I can always choose the other one...
Old 28 Sep 2010, 23:07 (Ref:2766349)   #60
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
On the assumption that this was aimed at me, I am sending you a PM.
Old 28 Sep 2010, 23:43 (Ref:2766370)   #61
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gachjoel View Post
i normally listen to crofty on the red button/5 live commentary on FP 1,2 & 3.
after watching quali 1 & 2 today, i selected audio on the red button n was listening to crofty & davidson, crofty just gave it an edge of excitement to the whole thing
You mean a bit like this? Honestly forgotten how good Murrary and Martin were together...

http://www.youtube.com/user/FanaticF.../5/MgzfCklt3uo

As the poll is who I would like, not who I reckon would get it... I went for Haven

Have to agree with others in this thread, the whole team needs to get on with each other in common ground. I honestly think at the moment the best commentry team is the Eurosport MotoGP guys (Toby M, Julian R, and Spalders), closely followed by Radio LeMans (Hindy and co), and then the BBC practise boys... and what do they all have in common? A group of like minded enthusiasts, who you wouldn't mind spending a night in the pub with

Ed

Last edited by Try Hard; 28 Sep 2010 at 23:49.
Old 29 Sep 2010, 19:21 (Ref:2766795)   #62
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Imagine talking about Audis all night...
Old 30 Sep 2010, 00:18 (Ref:2766934)   #63
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Try Hard View Post
You mean a bit like this? Honestly forgotten how good Murrary and Martin were together...

http://www.youtube.com/user/FanaticF.../5/MgzfCklt3uo
I enjoyed the race and thought it was clever how the various sections were stitched together, but if I'm brutally honest I thought the commentary sounded a bit dated.
Old 12 Oct 2010, 15:22 (Ref:2773853)   #64
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I enjoyed the race and thought it was clever how the various sections were stitched together, but if I'm brutally honest I thought the commentary sounded a bit dated.
I'll give you that, Martin sounds a lot younger! However, you have to admit, there is a raport between Murray and Martin, that just hasn't been there since Murray retired...
Old 13 Nov 2010, 12:23 (Ref:2789616)   #65
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Stig; he's popular, knowledgable and won't interupt Martin.

Last edited by HughGJohnson; 13 Nov 2010 at 12:24. Reason: classified
Old 13 Nov 2010, 15:47 (Ref:2789689)   #66
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughGJohnson View Post
The Stig; he's popular, knowledgable and won't interupt Martin.
Haha, . I can just imagine it.
Old 13 Nov 2010, 16:22 (Ref:2789693)   #67
Quartermiler
Rookie

England
Quartermiler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Martin Brundle is excellent. I would like to see him teamed up with Darrell Waltrip, should be a giggle.
Old 13 Nov 2010, 23:24 (Ref:2789860)   #68
lukebrowne
Rookie

Ireland
Maynooth
lukebrowne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brundle as main with Ted Kravitz the lee mckenzie doing pitlane.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 10:15 (Ref:2790902)   #69
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
/\ ERGH ERGH ERGH

Selby
Old 15 Nov 2010, 10:24 (Ref:2790906)   #70
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Jonathan Legard.

He's quirky, has his own catchphrases and is quickly becoming likeable.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 10:41 (Ref:2790920)   #71
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Eamonn Holmes.

He's quirky, has his own catchphrases and is quickly becoming likeable.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 11:08 (Ref:2790940)   #72
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Eamonn Holmes.
Post reported for foul language.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 11:12 (Ref:2790941)   #73
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Jonathan Legard Fans Anonymous
My name is Super Hans and I enjoy the commentary of the BBC's Jonathan Legard.
Meet other like-minded souls at the 10-10ths community centre, first Monday of every month. Tea, coffee and biscuits provided.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 12:56 (Ref:2791002)   #74
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
lmfaoooo - all funny!

Selby