Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Jan 2011, 01:40 (Ref:2813493)   #376
Oreti kid
Racer

New Zealand
Toowoomba
Oreti kid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NZ COT

Please take note of Paragraph (7)!
you can bolt on whatever make/model panels that will fit????? will we see Hyundia, Toyota etc sooner than later??????
Old 10 Jan 2011, 04:48 (Ref:2813527)   #377
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Oreti kid;2813492]OK it seem like both sides of the ditch have agreed on a single supplier(Constructor) and NZ's one will be rolling on track March 2011.

Whilst it is true the Pace Innovations are contracted to supply us our complete COT Chassis as a control item, I do not believe that is the case with VESA COFT proposal.

Certainly our COT controlled chassis is very different to VESA COFT concept.

The New Zealand COT prototype car is on track to arrive from Pace, in early February, and start its comprehensive test program in March.

Greg Murphy is our official COT ambassador, and will also do much of the initial shake down work along with other leading New Zealand drivers.

Mark Petch.
Chairman VEEGA COT Committee.
Old 10 Jan 2011, 07:25 (Ref:2813549)   #378
Oreti kid
Racer

New Zealand
Toowoomba
[QUOTE=Mark Petch;2813527]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreti kid View Post
OK it seem like both sides of the ditch have agreed on a single supplier(Constructor) and NZ's one will be rolling on track March 2011.

Whilst it is true the Pace Innovations are contracted to supply us our complete COT Chassis as a control item, I do not believe that is the case with VESA COFT proposal.

Certainly our COT controlled chassis is very different to VESA COFT concept.

The New Zealand COT prototype car is on track to arrive from Pace, in early February, and start its comprehensive test program in March.

Greg Murphy is our official COT ambassador, and will also do much of the initial shake down work along with other leading New Zealand drivers.

Mark Petch.
Chairman VEEGA COT Committee.
Thanks for that Mark and yes agree they are different beasts but will have similar look and will appeal to the fans. I do think NZ has found the right package and compliment you guys, do you think we might see Toyota etc body panels appear like NASCAR or will be staying with the GM & FORD looks?
Old 10 Jan 2011, 08:47 (Ref:2813566)   #379
Mark Petch
Veteran

[QUOTE=Oreti kid;2813549]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post

Thanks for that Mark and yes agree they are different beasts but will have similar look and will appeal to the fans. I do think NZ has found the right package and compliment you guys, do you think we might see Toyota etc body panels appear like NASCAR or will be staying with the GM & FORD looks?
Not quite sure what you mean when you say like NASCAR, as all their so called different brand cars share identical body panels and simply rely on stick on badges, grills, headlights tail lights etc. to try to differentiate them.

Our body panels, even if they are made from composite materials, will always be faithful to the original shape, even if we have to section the rear door's [as has to be done with both the VE and the FG] in order to achieve the correct placement of the wheels relative to the wheel arches, in order to maintain the strictly controlled wheel base etc.

So if and when we homologate a Toyota Camry etc, it will mirror the road cars exterior panels, were ever possible.

Our COT also incorporates a standard floor panel and under-slung foot pedal's' because that's what 4 door family saloon cars all have as standard.

I have previously promised to post some detailed photo's of our COT prototype just as soon as they are released to the media, and I still intend to do that, so watch this space is about all I can advise right now.

Mark Petch.
Old 10 Jan 2011, 18:59 (Ref:2813859)   #380
Oreti kid
Racer

New Zealand
Toowoomba
Great Mark and appreciate getting info hot off the press from the top and your level of honesty, really great in MSport, look forward to the pics etc.

[QUOTE=Mark Petch;2813566]
Quote:

Not quite sure what you mean when you say like NASCAR, as all their so called different brand cars share identical body panels and simply rely on stick on badges, grills, headlights tail lights etc. to try to differentiate them.

Our body panels, even if they are made from composite materials, will always be faithful to the original shape, even if we have to section the rear door's [as has to be done with both the VE and the FG] in order to achieve the correct placement of the wheels relative to the wheel arches, in order to maintain the strictly controlled wheel base etc.

So if and when we homologate a Toyota Camry etc, it will mirror the road cars exterior panels, were ever possible.

Our COT also incorporates a standard floor panel and under-slung foot pedal's' because that's what 4 door family saloon cars all have as standard.

I have previously promised to post some detailed photo's of our COT prototype just as soon as they are released to the media, and I still intend to do that, so watch this space is about all I can advise right now.

Mark Petch.
Old 12 Jan 2011, 20:40 (Ref:2814939)   #381
EZY PEEL
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland, NZ in my PIMPED F150
EZY PEEL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just recieved an e-mail form the jmr (johnny Mac) and it has a photo of the COT in it!

Im useless at posting photos so if I can foward it to someone can they please put up the pictures to share
Old 7 Feb 2011, 19:44 (Ref:2827394)   #382
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hyundai V8 upgrade

A Hyundai that might fit the SuperCar criteria IF it is planned for local release:
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...nsmission.html

The factory are into motorsport:
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...how-debut.html
Old 8 Feb 2011, 09:32 (Ref:2827622)   #383
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
A Hyundai that might fit the SuperCar criteria IF it is planned for local release:
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...nsmission.html

The factory are into motorsport:
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...how-debut.html
Hi 'cavvy'
thanks for the heads up on the new Hyundai, certainly something for us to think about with the eminent release of our new COT next week here in New Zealand.

The prototype car is a VE 2 bodied chassis, however like the COFT car we have developed a set of guide lines that will allow any 4 door saloon car that can be 'tweaked' to retain a very close appearance to the standard road car, to be homologated for our Series.

Hyundai are really doing well over here, so just maybe their dealer group can put some pressure on the importers to help with some development cost on the areo side of the equation.

Our engine is a controlled spec, single make engine so no problems there.

Pictures as promised late next week, but on the 18x11 rims and 290x680x18 rubber, I can tell you the car looks super mean!

Mark Petch.
Chairman, COT Committee.
Old 8 Feb 2011, 10:28 (Ref:2827641)   #384
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I cant help but think that Kia is a barand that would benefit from entering the v8 series.

they have some great cars, but suffer with a poor brand name.

Now with a 5 litre in the stable (from hyundai) they might be able to inprove their brand image by entering the series.
Old 8 Feb 2011, 19:30 (Ref:2827967)   #385
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Hi 'cavvy'
thanks for the heads up on the new Hyundai, certainly something for us to think about with the eminent release of our new COT next week here in New Zealand.

The prototype car is a VE 2 bodied chassis, however like the COFT car we have developed a set of guide lines that will allow any 4 door saloon car that can be 'tweaked' to retain a very close appearance to the standard road car, to be homologated for our Series.

Hyundai are really doing well over here, so just maybe their dealer group can put some pressure on the importers to help with some development cost on the areo side of the equation.

Our engine is a controlled spec, single make engine so no problems there.

Pictures as promised late next week, but on the 18x11 rims and 290x680x18 rubber, I can tell you the car looks super mean!

Mark Petch.
Chairman, COT Committee.
Peckstar, Kea has a good name here in New Zealand and we are well aware that it is part of the Hyundai empire.

Engines are not an issue for us as I have said above, we use our own control engine, "one size fits all" at a very affordable cost.
Old 9 Feb 2011, 00:12 (Ref:2828124)   #386
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Mark, can I say as a fan you've done a cracking job with your COFT, it looks great and I think the cost containment you've done is to be commended - not to say we need to go to the same lengths here but given your market size I think you have done exactly the right thing, preserved the look of the cars but saved costs where you can with common componentry.
Old 9 Feb 2011, 08:42 (Ref:2828198)   #387
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Mark, can I say as a fan you've done a cracking job with your COFT, it looks great and I think the cost containment you've done is to be commended - not to say we need to go to the same lengths here but given your market size I think you have done exactly the right thing, preserved the look of the cars but saved costs where you can with common componentry.
Hi Mixer,
thanks for your vote of confidence.

Not sure were you saw the prototype, as I can assure you know body has seen the complete race car, including me! because we are still finishing its build here in New Zealand.

The car is due to be unveiled next Wednesday, but it will be at least another month before it turns a wheel in anger.

We called it the Car Of Tomorrow [COT] as apposed to the Car of the future [COFT] because of the urgent need to replace our old AU based Ford Falcons and VT based Holden Commodores, whereas Australia already had the VE and the FG, and so COFT was really all about the need to address the future direction of the category ie. attracting other manufactures, and the spiralling costs associated with current build practises, least in my opinion.
Old 9 Feb 2011, 20:01 (Ref:2828670)   #388
Oreti kid
Racer

New Zealand
Toowoomba
The car is due to be unveiled next Wednesday, but it will be at least another month before it turns a wheel in anger.

Hi Mark I was kinda hoping it was going to be a Manfield this weekend so we could get a sneak preview??? it would be a great promo opportunity to show it at the NZGP Meeting hey.
Old 9 Feb 2011, 20:59 (Ref:2828721)   #389
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:

Hi Mark I was kinda hoping it was going to be a Manfield this weekend so we could get a sneak preview??? it would be a great promo opportunity to show it at the NZGP Meeting hey.
Hi Oreti Kid,
Sorry about that, Manfield was never on our Agenda.

The good news is that you can see it and hear it on the weekend of the 12th of March at the NZV8's Taupo meeting, even closer to home for you than Manfield!
Old 9 Feb 2011, 21:03 (Ref:2828723)   #390
Oreti kid
Racer

New Zealand
Toowoomba
Quote:
Hi Oreti Kid,
Sorry about that, Manfield was never on our Agenda.

The good news is that you can see it and hear it on the weekend of the 12th of March at the NZV8's Taupo meeting, even closer to home for you than Manfield!
Thanks Mark, OK so we wait until taupo, bugger as they say in Toyota world. still heading to Manfield with a V8 Ute crew, so looking forward to a awesome weekend.
Old 16 Feb 2011, 06:20 (Ref:2831960)   #391
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hyundai V8 for Aus

The Genesis is to be released in Oz. Would a V8 racer assist the marketing, the sales?

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/hy...lia-31291.html

Another door to kick down both in Aus & for the Kiwis.
Old 17 Feb 2011, 06:58 (Ref:2832501)   #392
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Hi Mixer,
thanks for your vote of confidence.

Not sure were you saw the prototype, as I can assure you know body has seen the complete race car, including me! because we are still finishing its build here in New Zealand.

We called it the Car Of Tomorrow [COT] as apposed to the Car of the future [COFT] because of the urgent need to replace our old AU based Ford Falcons and VT based Holden Commodores, whereas Australia already had the VE and the FG, and so COFT was really all about the need to address the future direction of the category ie. attracting other manufactures, and the spiralling costs associated with current build practises, least in my opinion.

Small teaser video clip, put up today by Link Engine management systems, who have been awarded the contact to supply the ECU's for our COT program.

Hopefully I can figure out how to post some photo's tomorrow night, as promised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx1WfmauqyQ

Mark Petch.

Last edited by Mark Petch; 17 Feb 2011 at 07:20.
Old 17 Feb 2011, 23:48 (Ref:2833067)   #393
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Small teaser video clip, put up today by Link Engine management systems, who have been awarded the contact to supply the ECU's for our COT program.

Hopefully I can figure out how to post some photo's tomorrow night, as promised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx1WfmauqyQ

Mark Petch.
FYI,
due to media commitments our COT photo's will be posted, sometime over this weekend.

Mark Petch.
Old 20 Feb 2011, 09:56 (Ref:2834132)   #394
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speaking to a fellow motorsport enthusiast, over the w/end, and the discusion turned to the 12 hr. In particlar, Audi's outlay to come to Oz to tackle the mount. Why would you, (supposed 1.2mil). Simply to get a foothold in Aus and marketing. Interesting that now a couple of others are looking at it, BMW etc. Why is this relivant, to COFT?

2012 Coft will come in, this would entice other makes, Audi have already hit the Mount, and used a couple of Local drivers, CL & WL. How much would need to be done to transfer Daren Hosack's Audi from Sports Sedan to V8

Is it possible that Audi approach Tripple 888, to build and race their cars? If you check out T888 main web site (UK), thats what they are about.

Could BJR be offered $$ to race the Hyundi V8, maybe even GRM race a Nissan V8, or a couple of the one car teams opt out of the Red and Blue, and get support from other makes.

Interesting discusion, but it maybe all pure specualtion.
Old 19 Mar 2011, 05:04 (Ref:2848646)   #395
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
An interesting story from within the Clipsal paddock suggests, in very hushed tones, that there has been a major budget blow-out on this project with the bill so far coming to over 7 digits.

No doubt some media who read this forum and are at the event can check the validity, although it comes with a warning that the story may not be common knowledge.

There seems to be some frustration and some distain that the target price that was initially quoted may for Build #1 and #2 for each team cost more than the current SUpercars.

Not sure what steps are being taken, process to be followed next, but whilst a quiet noise, it had a fair squirt of heat behind it.
Old 20 Mar 2011, 00:03 (Ref:2849706)   #396
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
in last weeks AA they mentioned it was going to probably cost a bit more (to the teams for the COTF) but nothing like what you said of 7 figures, or are you talking about just designing and building the two protype COTF?? Because I doubt they were expecting to build these two prototypes at the same price as the final "mass produced" COTF will cost to build..
Old 31 Mar 2011, 22:40 (Ref:2856583)   #397
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Prescription Windscreens...

The new ones will become polycarbonate won't they?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 31 Mar 2011, 23:51 (Ref:2856608)   #398
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

AF 01/04

I wonder if it a new process... or if it's just a copy of THIS ONE from 12 months ago?
Old 1 Apr 2011, 01:41 (Ref:2856626)   #399
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

Would be interesting to see how quickly they can change windscreens to suit the codriver in the endurance races
Old 8 Apr 2011, 23:21 (Ref:2860697)   #400
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

Cant really run polycarb with a windscreen wiper.