Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 May 2011, 08:35 (Ref:2884271)   #1
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CAMS CEO on In Pit Lane this Tuesday night

CAMS CEO David Morgan will appear on In Pit Lane this Tuesday night however plans to devote a full half hour to his appearance have had to be scrapped.
Mr Morgan will now appear in the traditional interview segment in the last segment of the show.
As a result the regular news segment will return including News from Winton, Mitch Evans GP3 win, Indy Qualifying, SuperGT, GP2, F1, NASCAR and we'll preview the Phillip Island 6 hours and the big Historic Winton meeting.
In Pit Lane is live to air Tuesday night at C31 Melbourne at 9.30 pm.
(Moving to 9.00 pm from June 7)
Old 23 May 2011, 11:23 (Ref:2884374)   #2
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
In a small house by the sea
Rachel Richards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No doubt gloating about Octogon going back to CAMS sanctioning ?
Old 23 May 2011, 12:00 (Ref:2884410)   #3
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
should ask him how he feels about the televising of motorsport in Aust.
Old 23 May 2011, 22:59 (Ref:2884816)   #4
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
should ask him how he feels about the televising of motorsport in Aust.
There are bigger problems with motorsport run under CAMS in this country to be discussed than the Taxi telecasts
Old 24 May 2011, 02:47 (Ref:2884890)   #5
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
There are bigger problems with motorsport run under CAMS in this country to be discussed than the Taxi telecasts
You could easily cast a season of The Biggest Loser with some of the officials

But on a more serious note, trim some of the fat that hangs around and doesn't contribute to the sport or its governance. I'd start by focusing the attention of senior officials to running events here rather than o/s.
Old 24 May 2011, 03:28 (Ref:2884905)   #6
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
I'd start by focusing the attention of senior officials to running events here rather than o/s.
Trouble is that CAMS earns some significant coin doing those OS Training Junkets and they need all the $$$ they can get.
Old 24 May 2011, 08:31 (Ref:2885002)   #7
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

agree with you PVDA, there is still lots to do, but i thought I have a little ckuckle, I know Speed week and some others try shopwing as much as posible other than the taxi's.

But it would still be good to see some more.
Old 24 May 2011, 10:10 (Ref:2885058)   #8
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Forget TV, there are some big issues in the administration of the sport that need to be sorted out once and for all.
Old 24 May 2011, 10:57 (Ref:2885088)   #9
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ask him would CAMS be open to a full an independent audit of it's finances, ALL it's finances
Old 25 May 2011, 21:36 (Ref:2885897)   #10
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've always wondered as to the purpose of that washing machine I saw there once.........

All jokes aside, anyone considered putting in a FOI request?? Given they receive some sort of government funding, as a taxpayer you could push the point that you want to see where the money is going.

PVDA, they might get some cash out of O/S junkets, but really, get your own backyard in order before you go telling your neighbours what they should be doing.
Old 25 May 2011, 22:24 (Ref:2885913)   #11
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
PVDA, they might get some cash out of O/S junkets, but really, get your own backyard in order before you go telling your neighbours what they should be doing.
It sort of makes sense but the one positive is that the "Junkets" give many in the motorsport (notice I dont say CAMS) volunteer marshal family a chance to travel overseas for thier hobby.

Last years Korean GP trip had quite a few that got picked that fit in that category.

I do have to put my hand up at this point and state I did a CAMS funded "Junket" a few years ago. I was part of a small team which travelled to St Arnaud (home of the "new" St Albans Police Station in the 1980's after a public service snafu ) to help the local club get their sprint event at the local airport up and running.
Old 26 May 2011, 00:31 (Ref:2885936)   #12
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those interstate - or watching RPM - the audio of the David Morgan Interview is now on the In Pit Lane podcast http://tinyurl.com/3unrbj5
As I said on the show we had wanted David for the whole show, but he would only come on for one segment. You may notice we did stretch that segment out just a little bit.
Safe to say there was considerable behind the scenes negotiating to set what topics we could and couldn't cover, whether the interview would be live or pre-recorded. It was a bit like the Korean War peace talks.
It was frustrating that we didn't have time to go into more detail on any number of issues but hopefully a line of communication is now open and David will be back on the show some time in the future.
BTW next Tuesday is our last show at 9.30pm as of June 7 we will be on at the earlier time of 9.00pm.
Old 26 May 2011, 04:10 (Ref:2885965)   #13
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by inpitlane View Post
Safe to say there was considerable behind the scenes negotiating to set what topics we could and couldn't cover, whether the interview would be live or pre-recorded..
Wouldn't want to upset the puppet master's with the wrong answer now.....

PVDA, I'm going to bite my tongue in regards to your comments abouts Korea.

St Arnaud!?!?!?? Seriously!!! That's like using a company pool vehicle to get your lunch.
Old 26 May 2011, 09:19 (Ref:2886038)   #14
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
Quote:
It sort of makes sense but the one positive is that the "Junkets" give many in the motorsport (notice I dont say CAMS) volunteer marshal family a chance to travel overseas for thier hobby.

Last years Korean GP trip had quite a few that got picked that fit in that category.

I do have to put my hand up at this point and state I did a CAMS funded "Junket" a few years ago. I was part of a small team which travelled to St Arnaud (home of the "new" St Albans Police Station in the 1980's after a public service snafu ) to help the local club get their sprint event at the local airport up and running.
that was a classic , (modern police station for a town of 1500) all of us from Central Vic had a great laugh, just sounds like something CAMS would do.
Old 15 Jun 2011, 10:53 (Ref:2899351)   #15
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
bortall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by inpitlane View Post
In Pit Lane is live to air Tuesday night at C31 Melbourne at 9.30 pm.
(Moving to 9.00 pm from June 7)
And then RPM got so nervous they changed nights.