Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 22 Jun 2011, 03:09 (Ref:2903248)   #1
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
What is this?

What simulation are they playing? this was at the Audi Press Conference held during the lemans week. Theres a better picture showing them driving Porsche RS Spyders
Old 22 Jun 2011, 09:19 (Ref:2903350)   #2
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
What simulation are they playing? this was at the Audi Press Conference held during the lemans week. Theres a better picture showing them driving Porsche RS Spyders
If you have a picture showing the game then it should be easily solved :P.
Old 22 Jun 2011, 09:25 (Ref:2903355)   #3
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
If you have a picture showing the game then it should be easily solved :P.
Well i don't have the picture. I saw it online on one of the sportscar websites....I thought about what game it could have been but never asked.....I stumbled upon another picture of it now and ecided to ask. So obviously you see the issue.
Old 22 Jun 2011, 11:14 (Ref:2903410)   #4
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
It could be one of a few .

If its GTR2 ..... try this site out

http://www.northamericangp.com/board...splay.php?f=34

Below is the link for the downloads .

http://www.northamericangp.com/board...d=2&linkid=564

Be careful and install them as it says in the readme doc , and all is well . Online its brilliant .

I had Jody Firth enquire about this mod too , he did promise to have a race with us , but he is a busy man , especially since he got that Oreca drive . Lord Drayson has tried it out too .

They (NAGP) run an ALMS Sunday league . A few others do too , but the mod has been developed by a gentleman called Phil Hooks at NAGP , over the last two and a half years . It really is a very good mod and has been refined so that the cars are evenly matched .

rFactor have a proto mod too , but I dont know so much about that .

Hope this helps .

P.S. If you need any more info , please feel free to PM me .

Last edited by The Badger; 22 Jun 2011 at 11:23.
Old 22 Jun 2011, 11:59 (Ref:2903442)   #5
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
rFactor have a proto mod too , but I dont know so much about that .
http://www.enduracers.com/es.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHDqbyvDAlU
Quote:
Test Drivers:
Jaroslav honzik
Marc Hennerici
Sean Edwards
Stuart Moseley
Tom Milner Jr.

http://www.enduracers.com/readme/rea...e_credits.html

Last edited by Pandamasque; 22 Jun 2011 at 12:07.
Old 22 Jun 2011, 19:39 (Ref:2904403)   #6
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
If I just had to guess, I would guess rFactor just because of the availability of mods and it has been used to many times in this kind of events.
Old 22 Jun 2011, 19:59 (Ref:2904414)   #7
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Does the seat not say 'Forza Motorsport 4'?
Old 22 Jun 2011, 20:15 (Ref:2904420)   #8
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
You are right, just "3" instead of "4".

Higher res:

Old 22 Jun 2011, 22:44 (Ref:2904499)   #9
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Does the seat not say 'Forza Motorsport 4'?
Not that it would mean much. I've got exactly the same seat except it says A1GP here, and I don't remember if I even watched an entire A1GP race ever in my life
Not sure what sim or game it is, but it's definitely a Penske Porsche

Last edited by Pandamasque; 22 Jun 2011 at 22:49.
Old 22 Jun 2011, 23:02 (Ref:2904513)   #10
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Not sure what sim or game it is, but it's definitely a Penske Porsche
That looks like an in-car shot of the Penske RS Spyder from Forza 3 (or whatever version). It could be another game though as I'm sure in-car angles don't vary all that much. Audi has a pretty big presence in Forza 3. The R8 is the cover car. I'm not sure why they aren't driving one of the Audi prototypes in the game. Maybe Joest wanted to get behind the wheel of a Porsche again?

One of those seats would be pretty nice for playing Infogrames' 24 Hours of Le Mans. I'm sure I'm the only one left playing that ancient game!
Old 23 Jun 2011, 05:23 (Ref:2904573)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
One of those seats would be pretty nice for playing Infogrames' 24 Hours of Le Mans. I'm sure I'm the only one left playing that ancient game!

It won't even run on my Windows 7 machine........

Moving this thread very shortly to Virtual Racers......
Old 23 Jun 2011, 05:44 (Ref:2904579)   #12
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yeah? It works fine in Vista 32-bit for me even without being in compatibility mode or anything.
Old 23 Jun 2011, 18:48 (Ref:2904876)   #13
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Rfactor? That's weird, I've run it on 32-bit and currently on 64-bit Windows 7. What happens when you try to run it?
Old 23 Jun 2011, 18:57 (Ref:2904879)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No mate, not rFactor - that runs fine. The ancient Infogrammes Le Mans sim......
Old 23 Jun 2011, 20:06 (Ref:2904904)   #15
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
That's Forza3....those wheels are the MadCatz XBox 360 wheels, the playseats have forza 3 written on them and the Penske Porkers are in FM3

Last edited by jonboy1066; 23 Jun 2011 at 20:17.

Perry McCarthy
Old 24 Jun 2011, 06:54 (Ref:2905073)   #16
PorscheCurves
Racer

Australia
Sydney
PorscheCurves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does look like FM3. I the looks too much like Forza's Sebring.
Old 24 Jun 2011, 09:42 (Ref:2905146)   #17
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Those Madcatz units actually look not too bad. A replacement for my microsoft wheel that actually looks like a steering wheel.

There is no way in hell i'm getting a Fanatec unless I won one!