Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 16 Jul 2011, 18:24 (Ref:2927465)   #1
trickyricky308
Rookie

United Kingdom
trickyricky308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eligibility Question

Hi everyone,
During the preparation of my car we have run into a couple of minor hitches, and I was wondering if there were any scrutineers or just people more knowledgeable than me that could help me out. Firstly with regards to seats, do they go out of date, the seats currently in the car are fibreglass sparco seats dated 1996, I couldnt find anything in the blue book about this but in a couple of adverts it says that seats can go out of date? Secondly we have just had a rollcage fitted and unfortunately we are having to reroute some coolant pipes around where the cage has been fitted, I was wondering if there were any regs about having coolant pipes in the cabin as this seems to be the only easy solution?
Thanks in advance!
Ricky
Old 16 Jul 2011, 21:54 (Ref:2927527)   #2
alexhall
Racer

England
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
alexhall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe seats don't go "out of date" for use solely in UK club championships. May be wrong though.
Old 17 Jul 2011, 08:23 (Ref:2927630)   #3
Dom
Racer

United Kingdom
Rayleigh, Essex
Dom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seats only go out of date for FIA events, MSA club event will be ok as long as the seat is not flapping around in the cabin. Belts need to be in date though. Coolant pipes should be ok as long as they are high quality. Best thing to do is memorise the blue book and then look at similar race cars to yours to see how others have done things.
Old 17 Jul 2011, 21:30 (Ref:2927839)   #4
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Did you notice J.5.10.1? "Have any fluid carrying lines or tubes carrying coolants through the driver/passenger compartment painted red, and if non-metallic to be internally or externally metal braided hydraulic pressure hose."

I built a rear radiator car and had coolant hoses through the cabin. They were wide bore, about 2 1/2" with a spiral wire reinforcement and a thick red stripe along their length contrasting with the black rubber. Scrutes were happy with that, but although the hoses were carried along the left hand sill, as far from the driver as possible and out of the driver's reach, they still insisted that the pipes were covered to prevent their being touched, to protect marshals who might have to use the passenger door. Boxing in with alloy panels was accepted.
John
Old 18 Jul 2011, 06:51 (Ref:2927948)   #5
scrutineer
Racer

scrutineer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Regarding the seat, as long as you are only building it for uk use you shouldnt have a problem as long as it is still in good condition and fitted correctly. However, it is worth checking your championship regs as some do insist on in date seats (I believe that stock hatch with the 750mc is one)
Old 27 Jul 2011, 14:56 (Ref:2931793)   #6
trickyricky308
Rookie

United Kingdom
trickyricky308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the quick responses guys! I decided to be on the safe side and bend up some aluminium and rivet it over the pipes. Now I hope it survives testing at Oulton on Friday!