Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 15 Jan 2012, 13:31 (Ref:3011875)   #1
AngusFangus
Rookie

United Kingdom
Staffordshire
AngusFangus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport International 2012

Did anyone else attend the show this weekend?

All i can say is........WOW!!!

Had a fantastic day at the NEC with fellow Rookie "Bodybag".

The Britcar stand was awesome, especially as they gave us access to the Ferrari F430, which was just sexy!!! Up close and personal to Ayrton Senna's JPS was incredible, as too was the live arena show. I so gotta get myself one of those autograss minis!!! Good to see Shayne Lynch of Boyzone has moved onto a far more beneficial career and gave us a demonstration of his "drifting" technique - "Stick to the motorsport Shayne".
Quite like the look of the new F1 Safety Car, not that it would be suitable for parking at your local supermarket. You'd never get out the thing with those doors??
And in true Andrea style I managed to blag myself a calendar and cap for free, rather than paying for them. If you don't ask you don't get.
But most impressive was to meet an 8 year old dragster racer and her sister who is 13 and was the 2010 European Drag Racing Champion!!!

Totally outnumbered by blokes (not that I'm complaining, lol)!! Funny to see girlfriends and female partners alike tailing behind their loved ones looking completely peed off and would rather be at home filing their nails and discussing the latest plot on soaps - oooooh!!! Did I just say that?

Blokes with their tongues hanging out at the spray tanned promo birds, scantily clad in their skin tight lycra, receiving death stares from their significant others proved highly entertaining...... Trust me, if I looked that good I too would make money out of it; although I do have to admit that I did feel particularly good stood next to the moose like one with camel toe, pot belly and very wobbly bits on the back of her legs!!!.....

Only downside was the ridiculous queue to see the Senna Tribute and for those eagerly waiting to get an autograph from the listed celebs, forget it!! Oh yes and also the lack of signs to tell you how to access your seats in the live arena.

But seriously, overall it was a great day for all us motorsport fans and am now off to upload my pics onto the dreaded facebook!!
Old 15 Jan 2012, 15:52 (Ref:3011946)   #2
NotLordPercy
Racer

NotLordPercy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chef

A moose+ pot belly + camel toe......that's one combination I would not meet in a dark alley or at a motor show!
Glad you enjoyed it......
Old 15 Jan 2012, 17:54 (Ref:3011986)   #3
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's why I let Bill go on his own (well, with two male friends) - even with my motorsport interest, I find it all too much hard graft.

Having worked at the show for more years than I care to remember (don't remind me about painting concrete blocks in the live action arena), I really can live without it these days!

I do hope that those who went did enjoy themselves. I'm just an old "bah humbug".
Old 15 Jan 2012, 18:10 (Ref:3011994)   #4
Tal Aras
Racer

United Kingdom
Slough
Tal Aras should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There seemed to be less promo girls this year, which did make moving around easier - fewer clusters of photographers blocking the aisles.

I think the idea of an on track ice cream van making deliveries to posts during a race should move out of the arena show and on to the tracks this summer.
Old 15 Jan 2012, 18:28 (Ref:3011997)   #5
Matt_Ring
Rookie

United Kingdom
Epsom
Matt_Ring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went for the first time this year and cannot believe I have not been before. Had an amazing time!

We went into the Senna tribute quite early when the queue was fairly quiet ad it was very impressive seeing some of those cars and his old go kart. Good to see all those cars together in one place.

Following on from the ice cream van...can we have the pick up truck and transit vans down at Brands plus get the Autocross minis to visit? A mini doing a wheelie on start line would make Post 25 so much more entertaining!!!

Overall had a superb day yesterday. Absolutely shattered after and will definitely be going back next year!
Old 16 Jan 2012, 08:57 (Ref:3012200)   #6
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thoroughly enjoyed it.
If you don't like crowds go on Thursday or Friday. You could walk straight into the Senna Tribute on Friday afternoon, although I chose not to - not my type of driver! Roll on Stoneleigh where I'm 'working'
Old 16 Jan 2012, 21:59 (Ref:3012547)   #7
TwoSheds
Veteran

England
Farnborough, UK
TwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Thoroughly enjoyed it.
If you don't like crowds go on Thursday or Friday. You could walk straight into the Senna Tribute on Friday afternoon, although I chose not to - not my type of driver! Roll on Stoneleigh where I'm 'working'
Friday was a good day to have a look around, crowds weren' too big and was able to get a few photos (some people even stopped and waited for me to take a picture rather than just walk in front of me).

A few of my pictures here on Facebook.
Old 18 Jan 2012, 16:10 (Ref:3013535)   #8
bipple
Rookie

United Kingdom
northampton
bipple should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
autosport

I went Thursday, it was quite empty
I walked straight into the Senna exhibition and i think i was in there with 3 other people at the time so could take all the time and pics i wanted.
overall it was a very good show and will definately go back next year
Old 19 Jan 2012, 14:30 (Ref:3014117)   #9
AngusFangus
Rookie

United Kingdom
Staffordshire
AngusFangus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipple View Post
I went Thursday, it was quite empty
I walked straight into the Senna exhibition and i think i was in there with 3 other people at the time so could take all the time and pics i wanted.
overall it was a very good show and will definately go back next year
I thought that the Thursday and Friday was for trade and press only? Being a mere no-one I guess I will have to wear a razor wire outfit next year to deter the crowds on a Saturday, he, he, he.....
Old 19 Jan 2012, 14:43 (Ref:3014121)   #10
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you've got a MSA Marshals Licence you can get in on Thursday or Friday and get a fiver off,if you book in advance.