Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > Predictions Competitions

Old 10 May 2011, 17:45 (Ref:2878279)   #26
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
2) Double points for the round, but have a single prediction for the 6/12/18 hour class leaders (worth a point each). This would make the total points for the round 52 - less than for Sebring and Petit. However, if you made the 6/12/18 hour predictions worth 2 points each the total points would be 64 for the round.
This. 2 or 3 points for the in-race guesses and double points for the winner.
Old 10 May 2011, 18:54 (Ref:2878322)   #27
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
You missed the 3rd idea ..... points given each 1/4 ..... It also gives people a chance if their car doesnt finish , cuz a leader at 1/2 distance doesnt mean the car will finish ..... but can still score .

Triple points will ruin it ..... mark my words .
Old 10 May 2011, 19:26 (Ref:2878344)   #28
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just my two cents, but I find this whole 6/12/18/24 idea very confusing... I'm sure others will agree.
Old 11 May 2011, 07:20 (Ref:2878556)   #29
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think the maths shows the need to bulk up the points for Le Mans. I also think the point awards at intervals during the race to be potentially complicated and an added chore for joeb when it comes to working everything out post race.

Remember also that joeb's pretty much on his own for Le Mans week, as Ayse, Adam and I will all be in France, which means Tim's likely to be our only regular mod on hand if joeb needs changes/deletions etc.

I would feel happier if we kept things simple for joeb.
Old 11 May 2011, 11:06 (Ref:2878660)   #30
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Good point ..... but , if someone is lucky enough to score a full 60 points , and others have a disaster , that will ruin the competition too .

Maybe half distance then ?

Wont matter , Im playin anyway .
Old 11 May 2011, 16:18 (Ref:2878803)   #31
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My vote is for triple points for final results only, no matter what. If we need more points I would make P1 petrol and diesel separate predictions as I previously said. I will accept the majority's decision. Can't wait for the race!!! Only a month away now!
Badger - if someone nails the Le Mans predictions they should be rewarded IMO, it's the biggie, it should be worth the most. Easiest way to solve this - make good picks.
Old 11 May 2011, 16:24 (Ref:2878807)   #32
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
but , if someone is lucky enough to score a full 60 points , and others have a disaster , that will ruin the competition too
Exactly the same could've happen at Sebring, but the best score was less than half of that (24 out of 60p). And I didn't see anyone complaining back then.

Even when it's triple, you can always play it safe. For example, pick three cars for win... still worth of four points (or three, correct if I'm wrong?).

Last edited by Deleted; 11 May 2011 at 16:30.
Old 11 May 2011, 18:19 (Ref:2878874)   #33
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Exactly the same could've happen at Sebring, but the best score was less than half of that (24 out of 60p). And I didn't see anyone complaining back then.

Even when it's triple, you can always play it safe. For example, pick three cars for win... still worth of four points (or three, correct if I'm wrong?).
If you pick 3 possible winners for a category, and one of them wins you get one point x3 for LeMans would equal 3 points.
Old 11 May 2011, 18:26 (Ref:2878881)   #34
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Final Rules for the Le Mans Round of FRC

The rules for the Le Mans round of the FRC will be just like all the previous rounds. Except we will have triple points.

So everybody can enter their scores as usual, and I will simply triple whatever points you earn.
Old 13 May 2011, 00:10 (Ref:2879673)   #35
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
^ Thanks for the decision (we would debate it to death otherwise) and thanks again for putting this on, it makes the season more fun!
Old 2 Jan 2012, 18:22 (Ref:3006494)   #36
Deleted
Veteran

2012?

Joeb, if you are indeed doing a full WEC / ALMS / LMS schedule next season (it's going to be very busy then!!) I'd suggest the following points table:

1) WEC/ALMS Sebring (double points + petrol class included)
2) ELMS Paul Ricard
3) ALMS Long Beach
4) WEC Spa (petrol class included)
5) ALMS Laguna Seca
6) ELMS Zolder
7) WEC Le Mans (triple points
+ petrol class included)
8) ALMS Lime Rock
9) ELMS Donington Park
10) ALMS Mosport
11) ALMS Mid Ohio

12) ALMS Road America
13) WEC Silverstone
(petrol class included)
14) ALMS Baltimore
15) ELMS Brno
16) WEC Interlagos
(petrol class included)
17) ALMS ??tba??
18) WEC Bahrain
(petrol class included)
19) WEC Fuji (petrol class included)
20) ALMS Petit Le Mans (double points + petrol class included if diesels participate)
21) ELMS Algarve
22) WEC
Zhuhai/Shanghai (petrol class included)

Of course it's still doubtful if the yet announced ALMS Tba slot takes place and wether the Borerain weekend actually happens.

Regular ELMS events: 5 classes equal 25 points
Regular ALMS events: 5 classes equal 25 points
Regular WEC events: 4 classes equal 20 points, OR 5 classes (if petrol separately included) equal 25 points, OR 6-7 classes (if in addition to petrol also LMPC and/or GTC are part of the race) equal 30-35 points
Le Mans: 4 classes with triple points equal 60 points, OR 5 classes (if petrol separately included) equal 75 points
Sebring: 6 classes with double points equal 60 points, OR 7 classes (if petrol separately included) equal 70 points
Petit Le Mans: 5 classes with double points equal 50 points, OR 6 classes (if diesels participate and petrol is separately included) equal 60 points

Also I guess it's still possible that GTC is ditched from Sebring.

Last edited by Deleted; 2 Jan 2012 at 18:44.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 15:30 (Ref:3015722)   #37
Deleted
Veteran

Mmm, was my previous message too complicated to understand or is it that no-one really cares how the points go? Am I hearing my own echo?

Btw now that the Pugs are out it will be rather easy to predict the P1 winner in WEC races this year... probably even more so than in ALMS!
Old 23 Jan 2012, 19:09 (Ref:3015821)   #38
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Mmm, was my previous message too complicated to understand or is it that no-one really cares how the points go? Am I hearing my own echo?

Btw now that the Pugs are out it will be rather easy to predict the P1 winner in WEC races this year... probably even more so than in ALMS!
I've been meaning to write back about your previous post, but it kept slipping my mind.

Yes I plan on doing a full schedule again for 2012. With the recent announcement from Peugeot I don't think a separate Petrol class is necessary in LMP1. I do agree with most of your points system: 5 classes in ALMS and ELMS, and 4 in WEC.

Closer to Sebring (Late February) I will post an official rules for 2012 thread including all the pertinent information.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 19:20 (Ref:3015824)   #39
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I've been meaning to write back about your previous post, but it kept slipping my mind.

Yes I plan on doing a full schedule again for 2012. With the recent announcement from Peugeot I don't think a separate Petrol class is necessary in LMP1. I do agree with most of your points system: 5 classes in ALMS and ELMS, and 4 in WEC.

Closer to Sebring (Late February) I will post an official rules for 2012 thread including all the pertinent information.
With a separate petrol class, it would be a no-brainer in the events where Toyota enters (maybe not the first or second race)
Old 3 Feb 2012, 13:05 (Ref:3021008)   #40
Deleted
Veteran

Well now we actually have a situation where we have more hybrids than diesels, so yeah perhaps we just forget the whole petrol class...

With the announcements of VIR and Shanghai we should also have a complete calendar on our hands:

1) ALMS/WEC Sebring (double points)
2) ELMS Paul Ricard
3) ALMS Long Beach
4) WEC Spa
5) ALMS Laguna Seca
6) ELMS Zolder
7) WEC Le Mans (triple points)

8) ALMS Lime Rock
9) ELMS Donington Park
10) ALMS Mosport
11) ALMS Mid Ohio

12) ALMS Road America
13) WEC Silverstone

14) ALMS Baltimore
15) ELMS Brno
16) ALMS Virginia
17) WEC Interlagos

18) WEC Bahrain

19) WEC Fuji
20) ALMS Petit Le Mans (double points)
21) WEC Shanghai
22) ELMS Portimao

Last edited by Deleted; 3 Feb 2012 at 13:11.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 13:20 (Ref:3021019)   #41
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Sebring - WEC and ALMS split classes (WEC/ALMS LMP1, WEC/ALMS LMP2 and WEC/ALMS GTE-Pro)? Or will LMP1, LMP2 and GT be common?
Old 3 Feb 2012, 13:33 (Ref:3021024)   #42
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
43 Days until Sebring. the predictions thread can be expected 2 weeks prior.