Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Jul 2012, 22:39 (Ref:3108807)   #26
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
Navarra is an ok track, but maybe 48 hours of the race is too long for that track
That is my point, Navarra is a decent circuit in a boring location and is perfectly fine for a 6 hour, 3 hour or sprint race, but I just can't see anybody being drawn with interest into a 48 hour race there. Neither could I at Laguna Seca or of course, MMP.
Old 19 Jul 2012, 23:05 (Ref:3108814)   #27
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ye Gods.

4 Kms long probably 2 minutes per Lap for 48 Hours... take your Dizzy pills.
Old 20 Jul 2012, 01:40 (Ref:3108844)   #28
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can you get a GT3/GTE car to last 48 hours? many people have problems getting them to last 24.

I can see a few of the wealthier teams from Nurburgring/BES entering to do a 24 hour test in race conditions

Good luck though, the world needs different ideas!
Old 20 Jul 2012, 03:35 (Ref:3108863)   #29
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Can you get a GT3/GTE car to last 48 hours? many people have problems getting them to last 24.

I can see a few of the wealthier teams from Nurburgring/BES entering to do a 24 hour test in race conditions

Good luck though, the world needs different ideas!
I guess this race will showcase if a GT can last two days!

You do bring up an interesting point though. Many cars fail/crash in 24 hours. So we can assume that many more failures/crashes will occur in a 48 hour race. To keep the race interesting, the entry list must be at least in the 40s or else we risk seeing only 10-15 cars at the race's end. What is the maximum number of cars that can race at this circuit?
Old 20 Jul 2012, 03:53 (Ref:3108869)   #30
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Say, what's maximum capacity of the garage at Navarra. For me, I think the race needs 50 or 60 cars competing in a 48 hour race.
Old 20 Jul 2012, 08:20 (Ref:3108911)   #31
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdragon View Post
Ehhh, it was designed with it's ups and downs with the aid of Ex Mclaren test driver F1 heavily respected (And former f1 driver) Pedro de la rosa...
I think Señor de la Rosa might be slightly offended at being called a former F1 driver, as he currently drives for HRT.
Old 20 Jul 2012, 08:31 (Ref:3108917)   #32
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
No.

The best tracks are Spa, Mount Panorama, Road America, Imola, Interlagos, Silverstone, Suzuka, and Monza. Deal with it!
You're a lucky guy if you've raced on all those - I can only tick Spa, Silverstone and Monza (driven Mount Panorama but not in a race) and IMO Silverstone and Monza are not 'great' circuits. My top three? Nordschleife, Nordschleife and Spa.
Old 20 Jul 2012, 10:04 (Ref:3108948)   #33
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Never been, but the FIA GT races in Argentina were on a stunning track... That is on my list of 'must go one day' for sure.
Old 20 Jul 2012, 10:16 (Ref:3108958)   #34
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
There was a 72 hour race some 40+ years ago...
I thought they had a 72 hour race in Brazil around about 10 years ago. Old Piquet and Wilson Fittipaldi competed, IIRC. It was in an Autosport snippet around that time although maybe it was a more heats or something. Or maybe it was a DREAM.

Perhaps one of our South American colleagues can tell us more?
Old 20 Jul 2012, 15:00 (Ref:3109074)   #35
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsie View Post
I think Señor de la Rosa might be slightly offended at being called a former F1 driver, as he currently drives for HRT.
Well you may think the same from Marussia then, if you do, I must understand you, few times De la rosa has advanced the slower driver of marussia, and sometimes Glock too, next target Caterham on 2013 (or 2014 because they allmost reach Toro Rosso's performance)..

If he races in such a Team, is maybe because he loves our country (Apart from loving racing), you should know him.