Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 12 Nov 2012, 13:43 (Ref:3165498)   #1
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stock car rule unification

This is bugging me for so long, but would it great if some of the stock car series from all over the world (Stock Car Brasil, Turismo Carretera, V8 Supercars, and NASCAR) create a unified rule set so that there's a chance that there would be a World Championship race for stock cars?

Although NASCAR is the biggest racing series in the USA, I think they should have a chance to use their influence and create a ruleset, just like DTM when they're proposing it to Super GT. That way, they could get some sponsorship deals, drivers, and fans for that matter!

Any thoughts on this matter?
Old 12 Nov 2012, 14:36 (Ref:3165506)   #2
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
This is bugging me for so long, but would it great if some of the stock car series from all over the world (Stock Car Brasil, Turismo Carretera, V8 Supercars, and NASCAR) create a unified rule set so that there's a chance that there would be a World Championship race for stock cars?

Although NASCAR is the biggest racing series in the USA, I think they should have a chance to use their influence and create a ruleset, just like DTM when they're proposing it to Super GT. That way, they could get some sponsorship deals, drivers, and fans for that matter!

Any thoughts on this matter?
Yeah, it would never happen. NASCAR is American and that's how 97.8% of their fan base wants it to stay, meaning they don't give two sharts about the rest of the world, about involving the rest of the world, influencing the rest of the world, or appealing to the rest of the world. Also, the design and performance differences between different series is enormous. NASCARs are built for ovals, and while they do road courses better than most production cars on account of them still being purpose-built race cars, relative to other race series whose cars are intended for road racing NASCARs suck. I'd rather take a current V8 Supercar around Bathurst than a NASCAR Sprint Cup car.

A world championship stock car race would never happen, not with the NASCAR community involved, because their fans have a giant collective middle finger to raise to the other 95.5% of the human race, with which they want no involvement. I don't care how many people come back arguing that they are Americans that disagree, because they would represent the tiny minority.

Last edited by IceMan_PJN; 12 Nov 2012 at 14:42.
Old 12 Nov 2012, 16:00 (Ref:3165528)   #3
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyway no space in the NASCAR calendar
Old 12 Nov 2012, 17:59 (Ref:3165558)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Please no
Old 12 Nov 2012, 23:56 (Ref:3165690)   #5
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
That would be a horrific nightmare. I'd be dazzled trying to choose which series it would ruin the most.

NASCAR have made tentative appearances in other jurisdictions but will do nothing to weaken their main series.
Old 13 Nov 2012, 00:38 (Ref:3165702)   #6
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm sure Nascar would be on board as long as everyone conformed to their rules.
Old 13 Nov 2012, 02:39 (Ref:3165729)   #7
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Virtually impossible, at least in our lifetimes.
Old 13 Nov 2012, 11:38 (Ref:3165847)   #8
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess most of you guys don't want this unification to happen, huh? But most of us can't take the compromise when DTM and Super GT share the ruleset.

The only thing needs if a rule unification would be successful is to change the mentality of the NASCAR fans, and also the stockcars themselves by having at least one working door.
Old 13 Nov 2012, 12:04 (Ref:3165850)   #9
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I'm sure Nascar would be on board as long as everyone conformed to their rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
I guess most of you guys don't want this unification to happen, huh?
Nope. See above post. I'd prefer the CoT boring American fans on D-shaped ovals, ONLY, at the moment, and not ruining other events. Imagine the CoT in the Bathurst 1000? I think I just threw up in my mouth thinking about it.

Quote:
The only thing needs if a rule unification would be successful is to change the mentality of the NASCAR fans, and also the stockcars themselves by having at least one working door.
Sounds about right, and neither will happen...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
...at least in our lifetimes.
Sorry dude. I am a diversity guy and hate the idea of everything around the world being the same. Now what you could do, is create a series that races in several countries as "stockcars" under a unified platform. I believe that has been attempted at some point, but let the V8s, Brasilians, DTM, Japanese, Nordics etc do what they want, and leave Daytona where it belongs; Florida.
Old 13 Nov 2012, 16:39 (Ref:3165940)   #10
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^ Hey, I never said I was against stock car series starting up in other countries. Just that a unified stock car class would be a huge longshot.
Old 14 Nov 2012, 19:24 (Ref:3166362)   #11
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't this exactly what NASCAR are doing with Grand Am?