Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 9 Dec 2012, 09:52 (Ref:3176749)   #126
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Looks like if Rebellion do compete with two cars then Mathias Beche will be part of the driver line-up. Might make sense to swap him out with Bleekemolen on the list at this stage?

Been good to see Beche progress and move up the ranks. Second in class on his debut this year. 8th overall. He's definitely got the pace.
So where to for Bleekemolen? Cant see a talented driver like him not having a ride come June.
Old 9 Dec 2012, 10:58 (Ref:3176757)   #127
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
So where to for Bleekemolen? Cant see a talented driver like him not having a ride come June.
For sure he's far too good not to be in the show. He's competed in the last seven editions of the race across three different classes. He's another guy who I place firmly in the 'hired gun' category.

If he can't get in a P1 seat I'm sure he'll be snapped up when the P2 arms race kicks off again. But it's too early to say where he'll be.
Old 9 Dec 2012, 11:18 (Ref:3176760)   #128
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've already mentioned it in the Porsche LMP1 thread but another guy I firmly expect to be in the race next year is Jean-Karl Vernay.

I think he'll be actively placed in a P2 to gain experience as I believe he is a potential candidate for a Porsche P1 seat in 2014. He's moving up the ranks with Porsche. He got some laps in for Peugeot as reserve driver at the test day in 2011. Unlucky to miss out on a race seat. Having a French driver for their comeback would be good for Porsche.
Old 14 Dec 2012, 23:11 (Ref:3178807)   #129
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I've already mentioned it in the Porsche LMP1 thread but another guy I firmly expect to be in the race next year is Jean-Karl Vernay.

I think he'll be actively placed in a P2 to gain experience as I believe he is a potential candidate for a Porsche P1 seat in 2014. He's moving up the ranks with Porsche. He got some laps in for Peugeot as reserve driver at the test day in 2011. Unlucky to miss out on a race seat. Having a French driver for their comeback would be good for Porsche.
Maybe so. But I really doubt Porsche will be at Le Mans in P1 in 2013.
Old 14 Dec 2012, 23:18 (Ref:3178810)   #130
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Some news: Johnny Mowlem joins the new RAM Racing for the ELMS next year. Potential Le Mans effort?

http://www.racer.com/new-team-ram-to...rticle/272266/
Old 14 Dec 2012, 23:40 (Ref:3178817)   #131
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Maybe so. But I really doubt Porsche will be at Le Mans in P1 in 2013.
It's completely impossible. That post was saying J.K. Vernay would be placed in an LMP2 to get experience for 2014.
Old 15 Dec 2012, 13:39 (Ref:3178928)   #132
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Porsche will not be at Le Mans in 2013 with a P1 car . Roll out means testing , and they are good at that , cuz they do it properly , unlike some .
Old 15 Dec 2012, 22:06 (Ref:3179032)   #133
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Porsche will not be at Le Mans in 2013 with a P1 car . Roll out means testing , and they are good at that , cuz they do it properly , unlike some .
If we are lucky, we will see it entering the very last WEC race, nothing more, more likely less.
Old 16 Dec 2012, 13:14 (Ref:3179163)   #134
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
That could happen yes ..... but they wont unless they complete their programme , and of course it works as advertised .

Nice idea though .
Old 18 Dec 2012, 23:06 (Ref:3179926)   #135
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Updated entry list as of 12/18/12...

I put Bleekemolen with Jota just because that spot is open. Jean-Karl Vernay, as you mentioned, also needs a team.

I also updated Larbre to Aston Martin as it has been deemed "highly unlikely" they will continue their partnership with Chevrolet/Corvette.

Word Document File Link
PDF Link (sorry for advertisement)
Old 20 Dec 2012, 16:10 (Ref:3180435)   #136
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Updated entry list as of 12/18/12...

I put Bleekemolen with Jota just because that spot is open. Jean-Karl Vernay, as you mentioned, also needs a team.[/URL]
Going a bit far , cuz the spot is open ..... that could lead to many less serious suggestions .
Old 20 Dec 2012, 18:03 (Ref:3180468)   #137
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you take one of the Toyotas off that entry list, we are left with 10 LMP1s.
Old 20 Dec 2012, 18:59 (Ref:3180484)   #138
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Ten LMP1 are better then nine..
Old 20 Dec 2012, 19:34 (Ref:3180504)   #139
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here's some video of the garage 56 entry. The sound reminds me a bit of the helicopter turbine in the Howmet that was at the Classic this year.

Any idea who will be strapping themselves into this next year?

http://www.lemans.org/en/races/24h/u...t-h2_9395.html

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=how...w=1280&bih=891
Old 20 Dec 2012, 19:41 (Ref:3180509)   #140
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Here's some video of the garage 56 entry. The sound reminds me a bit of the helicopter turbine in the Howmet that was at the Classic this year.

Any idea who will be strapping themselves into this next year?

http://www.lemans.org/en/races/24h/u...t-h2_9395.html

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=how...w=1280&bih=891
Last I heard, they had Christian Pescatori signed up as a driver for the project... we'll most likely see the first name on the preliminary entry list in February as the first designated driver for each car has to be named.

Also, Beetle, the three Audis and the two Manthey Porsches now have all drivers confirmed: Audi have Lotterer/Treluyer/Fassler, Kristensen/McNish/Jarvis and Duval/Gene/di Grassi, while Porsche have Lieb/Lietz/Dumas and Pilet/Bergmeister/Bernhard.
Old 20 Dec 2012, 20:37 (Ref:3180538)   #141
Nigma
Rookie

Ireland
Sligo, Ireland
Nigma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surprised no one spotted it yet, but Audi are entering three cars at Le Mans and two for the rest of the year.
Old 20 Dec 2012, 20:46 (Ref:3180544)   #142
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigma View Post
Surprised no one spotted it yet, but Audi are entering three cars at Le Mans and two for the rest of the year.
It has .
Victor_RO mentiones 3 driver crews in the post above you.
If you look in the Audi R18 thread you will find all the information there too
Old 20 Dec 2012, 21:00 (Ref:3180555)   #143
Nigma
Rookie

Ireland
Sligo, Ireland
Nigma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh dear, I genuinely did miss the post right above mine. I even went back a page to make sure it wasn't mentioned before :$
Old 20 Dec 2012, 21:06 (Ref:3180557)   #144
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
It has .
Victor_RO mentiones 3 driver crews in the post above you.
If you look in the Audi R18 thread you will find all the information there too
Wow, I've missed a lot!

Unfortunately I can't follow all these threads religiously... maintaining one is hard enough! That's great news on the confirmed driver lineups...

Not that this means much, but for the sake of the entry list, do you perhaps know the numbers of the Porsche cars?

Anyway, Porsche is really going for it in GTE-Pro this year... my bets are placed on them to win the GTE Constructors and Teams and Drivers titles!

Updated entry list coming shortly.
Old 20 Dec 2012, 21:09 (Ref:3180559)   #145
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Also, Beetle, the three Audis and the two Manthey Porsches now have all drivers confirmed: Audi have Lotterer/Treluyer/Fassler, Kristensen/McNish/Jarvis and Duval/Gene/di Grassi, while Porsche have Lieb/Lietz/Dumas and Pilet/Bergmeister/Bernhard.
Quote:
Wow, I've missed a lot!

Unfortunately I can't follow all these threads religiously... maintaining one is hard enough! That's great news on the confirmed driver lineups...

Not that this means much, but for the sake of the entry list, do you perhaps know the numbers of the Porsche cars?

Anyway, Porsche is really going for it in GTE-Pro this year... my bets are placed on them to win the GTE Constructors and Teams and Drivers titles!

Updated entry list coming shortly.
Again, all credit to Victor.
He mentions 2 Manthey Porsches. However, if Porsche sells some of the cars to privateers, we don't know.
Old 20 Dec 2012, 21:11 (Ref:3180560)   #146
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Car numbers? Sadly not. We'll have to wait for the ACO to reveal them.
Old 20 Dec 2012, 21:48 (Ref:3180578)   #147
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Updates...

I put Pescatori in the driver lineup for Green GT. Glad to hear di Grassi's found a permanent spot.

Once I found that Marco Holzer was going to Paul Miller Racing, I knew he wasn't going to be in the Manthey WEC team. It's a shame... I think he could have fit in and drove just as well as the others. I just forgot to update the list where Holzer was gone.

I think with as much attention Aston Martin is getting, Larbre will go for a GTE-Pro effort with Lamy, Canal, and someone else and then the Am entry(s). Along with TRG and the factory AMR program, Aston Martin's not going to have many cars left!

I'm not complaining, because the Aston Martin V8 Vantage GTE car is music to my ears... by far the best sounding car out there, IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLwZ-ZP3TY8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKmTvu9L9g8

0:59 to 1:05 is the best part of the 2nd video. Listen to that engine!
Old 21 Dec 2012, 15:08 (Ref:3180817)   #148
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lotus is not using a Lola anymore in 2013. They'll switch to the Lotus T128. Greaves will be there with 2 cars. They're going for a 2-car WEC assault. JRM and Strakka will switch to the HPD ARX-03c. RAM Racing will probably be in GTE-Am if they're going to Le Mans, they'll be racing in GTE-Am in ELMS.
Old 21 Dec 2012, 16:03 (Ref:3180838)   #149
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
Lotus is not using a Lola anymore in 2013. They'll switch to the Lotus T128. Greaves will be there with 2 cars. They're going for a 2-car WEC assault. JRM and Strakka will switch to the HPD ARX-03c. RAM Racing will probably be in GTE-Am if they're going to Le Mans, they'll be racing in GTE-Am in ELMS.
Is this the brand new Kolles car?
Old 21 Dec 2012, 16:18 (Ref:3180842)   #150
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes it is.
Closed Thread