Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Feb 2013, 13:34 (Ref:3202914)   #1
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rory Byrne

Will the active return of Rory Byrne bring back Ferrari dominance in 2014?

Will 2014 be another battle between Newey and Byrne? I really don't know how much of a role Byrne will be playing, but it is interesting nonetheless. Ferrari is really laying all the cards on the table.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105523
Old 11 Feb 2013, 13:43 (Ref:3202919)   #2
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Intriguing. You do feel Ferrari has been a bit rudderless since the dream team dispersed.
Old 12 Feb 2013, 13:22 (Ref:3203478)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Uhn... hopefully not.
Old 12 Feb 2013, 13:53 (Ref:3203490)   #4
chris bailey
Racer

chris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridchris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

This is Ferrari being smart. Rory will be influential without being overly-intrusive. There's no massive ego at play there.

Now, all they need to complete the picture is an intelligent test driver. Someone with a lot of experience, a good rapport with the team, and something to prove to the world at large....................
Old 12 Feb 2013, 14:14 (Ref:3203502)   #5
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
They've got PDLR, and seem to be quite happy with him. He's probably there because Alonso wanted him to be there. He's the best test driver that I can think of.
Old 12 Feb 2013, 16:00 (Ref:3203550)   #6
jobdone
Racer

jobdone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope not, call me strange I'm actually rather enjoying the Red Bull era at the moment, good to see a vibrant 'new' team leading the way!
Old 12 Feb 2013, 20:20 (Ref:3203681)   #7
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris bailey View Post
This is Ferrari being smart. Rory will be influential without being overly-intrusive. There's no massive ego at play there.

Now, all they need to complete the picture is an intelligent test driver. Someone with a lot of experience, a good rapport with the team, and something to prove to the world at large....................
Think I know what you are getting at but hasn't the person hinted at just been announced as a global ambassador for Mercedes?
Old 12 Feb 2013, 20:54 (Ref:3203690)   #8
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
It'll be very interesting to see how big a role Byrne takes on. He left F1 a few years ago to concentrate on diving and his family so will he want a full-time role as designer or would he prefer a more part-time "leadership" position to act as a sounding board to the design office?