Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Feb 2013, 18:34 (Ref:3205451)   #276
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Would LOVE to see Petter join up with the race. One of the great motorsport characters. If they are reporting it in Norway then that is promising.

There are a few places he could potentially slot in. Even better if we get Loeb in the race for a rallying sub-plot.
Old 15 Feb 2013, 19:08 (Ref:3205465)   #277
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by pettersolberg29 View Post
I'm afraid that's all the information I have - I'm not a Le Mans expert I'm afraid but I know LM24 is in his plans, and Norwegian press have been reporting his previous links with Oreca (did some tests for them 3 or so years back) will come to fruition this year. If I hear more I'll put it on here.
Do you have a link for it? (Norwegian is ok for me)
Old 15 Feb 2013, 19:48 (Ref:3205485)   #278
pettersolberg29
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK, Kent
pettersolberg29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Do you have a link for it? (Norwegian is ok for me)
I think this is a video link which says a few things, though my Norwegian is so patchy that I can't really understand it spoken as opposed to written down! The main info comes from a Norwegian friend who said it was in the press this morning - no link for that I'm afraid as I assume its from a newspaper

http://tn.inviso.no/melody_ostfold/m...?vid=b6ef1178b
Old 15 Feb 2013, 20:04 (Ref:3205491)   #279
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I think this is a video link which says a few things, though my Norwegian is so patchy that I can't really understand it spoken as opposed to written down! The main info comes from a Norwegian friend who said it was in the press this morning - no link for that I'm afraid as I assume its from a newspaper

http://tn.inviso.no/melody_ostfold/m...?vid=b6ef1178b
Thank you
From that I understand that he has said "no thanks" to two WTCC teams to focus on his Rallycross project which he has received help from Citroen France to (Perhaps Citroen offered him a WTCC role).
BUT!
He said that he will race on tarmac this year, together with Oreca, which he had tested with 3 years, and he feels will give him the best chances at Le Mans.
So we can expect Petter Solberg at Le Mans this year.
(there might be errors in my translation)
Old 15 Feb 2013, 20:27 (Ref:3205507)   #280
pettersolberg29
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK, Kent
Quote:
Thank you
From that I understand that he has said "no thanks" to two WTCC teams to focus on his Rallycross project which he has received help from Citroen France to (Perhaps Citroen offered him a WTCC role).
BUT!
He said that he will race on tarmac this year, together with Oreca, which he had tested with 3 years, and he feels will give him the best chances at Le Mans.
So we can expect Petter Solberg at Le Mans this year.
(there might be errors in my translation)
You're welcome, thanks for the translation. That's almost exactly what I've been led to believe - I'm expecting a European Rallycross Campaign, X-Games and also LM24, as well as possibly a test event beforehand. Should be an exciting year for Mr Solberg!
Old 15 Feb 2013, 21:25 (Ref:3205538)   #281
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
You're welcome, thanks for the translation. That's almost exactly what I've been led to believe - I'm expecting a European Rallycross Campaign, X-Games and also LM24, as well as possibly a test event beforehand. Should be an exciting year for Mr Solberg!
I never understood where he finds the money for his campaigns?
Old 15 Feb 2013, 23:31 (Ref:3205607)   #282
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Khaled Al-Mudhaf made his intentions to compete at Le Mans pretty clear earlier this year and this could be his way in.

He's been testing for Gulf Middle East: http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-15848.html

I hope he gets the drive. Seemed like a good guy during the Dubai 24. Would be another first for the race to welcome a Kuwaiti driver and I'm sure the ACO would love to have him.
Old 15 Feb 2013, 23:41 (Ref:3205610)   #283
pettersolberg29
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK, Kent
Quote:
I never understood where he finds the money for his campaigns?

He's a very wealthy man but in all seriousness a lot of money has come out of his own pocket over the past seasons in the WRC, now he needs payment and that's what he's getting. Solberg is a massive draw in terms of Norwegian interest, but also global interest - rallycross was in The Sun newspaper (UK) yesterday simply because Petter was coming to Lydden Hill. He's a big draw, sponsors want him and events want him. He also runs PS Engineering which now makes him money as drivers pay for his servies, engineers etc.
Old 16 Feb 2013, 03:00 (Ref:3205672)   #284
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Add Lucas Luhr to the Jota squad ..... he is getting about !!!

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-15889.html

Luhr-Dolan-Turvey is now confirmed .

Last edited by The Badger; 16 Feb 2013 at 03:05.
Old 16 Feb 2013, 07:12 (Ref:3205746)   #285
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Not even Bleekemolen? Strange.
Yes it seems odd having him sit on the sidelines. Hopefully we hear of him getting a seat in the lead up to this years race.
Old 16 Feb 2013, 08:11 (Ref:3205769)   #286
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
He's a very wealthy man but in all seriousness a lot of money has come out of his own pocket over the past seasons in the WRC, now he needs payment and that's what he's getting. Solberg is a massive draw in terms of Norwegian interest, but also global interest - rallycross was in The Sun newspaper (UK) yesterday simply because Petter was coming to Lydden Hill. He's a big draw, sponsors want him and events want him. He also runs PS Engineering which now makes him money as drivers pay for his servies, engineers etc.
Thanks
Old 19 Feb 2013, 03:28 (Ref:3206996)   #287
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
I'm guessing we should be hearing about the results of the AF Corse tests pretty soon?

Or maybe they'll keep us waiting until a few weeks before Le Mans... but I doubt it.
Old 19 Feb 2013, 05:07 (Ref:3207014)   #288
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
I'm guessing we should be hearing about the results of the AF Corse tests pretty soon?

Or maybe they'll keep us waiting until a few weeks before Le Mans... but I doubt it.
Autosport said AF Corse should be announcing their WEC driver roster later this month.
Old 19 Feb 2013, 09:15 (Ref:3207120)   #289
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
TS030 launch at Paul Ricard

Some thoughts from the team:

http://www.toyotahybridracing.com/to...s-2013-season/

http://www.toyotahybridracing.com/to...brid-for-2013/
Old 19 Feb 2013, 23:34 (Ref:3207563)   #290
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Nice new look. Reminds me a bit of the Peugeot for some reason.
Old 21 Feb 2013, 12:50 (Ref:3208532)   #291
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Darren Cox said on RLM yesterday evening that they are working to find LMP2 seats for both Lucas and Jann at least for Le Mans.
Mardenborough is doing Euro F3 with Carlin. The calendar doesn't clash with Le Mans (test day or race) so he could still pop up somewhere.

http://www.carlin.co.uk/news/Carlina...eF3line-up.htm
Old 21 Feb 2013, 18:23 (Ref:3208688)   #292
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Mardenborough is doing Euro F3 with Carlin. The calendar doesn't clash with Le Mans (test day or race) so he could still pop up somewhere.

http://www.carlin.co.uk/news/Carlina...eF3line-up.htm
Yes, saw that in Autosport- I guess it rules him out of any full season LMP2 rides though. I hope Nissan do manage to steer him into a worthwhile P2 seat for Le Mans at least
Old 23 Feb 2013, 13:49 (Ref:3209553)   #293
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
From John Daygs' Twitter feed:

Quote:
Looks like we may not only have one but two potential withdrawals from #LM24. Good news for the reserve entries, I guess!
Old 23 Feb 2013, 19:08 (Ref:3209656)   #294
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One of them might be ESM (since they got their new LMP2 cars), but I have no idea who the other one might be. Someone in LMP2?
Old 23 Feb 2013, 19:37 (Ref:3209665)   #295
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Have to agree on ESM. They've been a potential withdrawal ever since they got the invite if I'm honest.

I really hope the unified series in '14 will see people take a few more risks in coming over to represent the U.S. Le Mans needs American entries.
Old 23 Feb 2013, 20:32 (Ref:3209690)   #296
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The new Porsche RSR (991) looks as a beast ; it reminds me the GT1 of 1996.
The battle in GT should be interesting.
Old 24 Feb 2013, 00:45 (Ref:3209773)   #297
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
The new Porsche RSR (991) looks as a beast ; it reminds me the GT1 of 1996.
The battle in GT should be interesting.
It should be interesting, definitely. The new Porsche has a sort of retro look to it, almost like that of a GT1 racing car, as you mentioned.

I almost hope ESM will drop out of GTE for two reasons. One of them is that they need as much time as possible to focus on their LMP2 car. The other reason is that I want four Aston's at Le Mans!

I don't want to jinx anyone, but I sure as hell hope it's not another LMP1 car. If Strakka's gone or Rebellion has to divert to one car, that's just about the end of LMP1. We can only hope that they are holding good cards.

I can see one of the IMSA Performance Matmut cars dropping out, as well. This is the first year they've done the two car lineup, and I was surprised, to be honest. If both ESM and IMSA Performance Matmut drop out, we'd have the #98 Aston Martin and the #75 ProSpeed Porsche in the game. That would be nice. Of course, I don't wish anyone bad luck, but there are a few cars on the reserve list I'd like to see, like the Aston Martin factory Am car, the RAM Racing Ferrari, and the Morand Racing LMP2.
Old 24 Feb 2013, 01:03 (Ref:3209780)   #298
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If we do lose an LMP2, I hope it's something with a Nissan engine. Too many of them!
Old 24 Feb 2013, 09:12 (Ref:3209893)   #299
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Hopefully it's a LM24 entry we loose, and not a WEC entry.
Old 24 Feb 2013, 18:06 (Ref:3210068)   #300
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Hopefully it's a LM24 entry we loose, and not a WEC entry.