Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 6 May 2013, 00:32 (Ref:3243308)   #26
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Stenhouse is in trouble tonight. Princess is not happy. I would'nt be surprised if Ricky reappeared next week with a black eye.

Great to see the big boys unseated with a late charge from Ragan. Kenseth was very strong but that didn't count for much in the end.
It's Ricky's problem. He should have known better than to date a competitor. If they break up, the media will be covering it for like, 3 weeks?

If the 3rd FRM car didn't drop back with problems on the last restart, we could have had all three team cars in the top 10.
Old 6 May 2013, 00:49 (Ref:3243312)   #27
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
The media have been OK with the Stenica thing actually. They haven't gone OTT which has surprised me. Although I think Danica is a bit of clown in reality they are both probably mature enough to know that it's all part of the game.
Old 6 May 2013, 00:53 (Ref:3243313)   #28
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great to see Ragan & Gilliland upthere, awesome result

Shithouse move by Stenhouse that took his woman out - Kurt Busch & Ryan Newman could be queing up behind Danica for a go at him too

My man Ambrose, 2 big incidents right in front of him, guess he was lucky to finish at all, 14th not to bad - seems Almirola has all the RPM luck at the moment...
Old 6 May 2013, 01:09 (Ref:3243317)   #29
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This race proves what an idiot Jack Roush is. One of his ex-drivers wins the race with an incredible last lap move in one of the most underfunded teams in the sport while another dominates the majority of the race.

Meanwhile, Edwards comes up short yet again and Stenhouse makes one of the dumbest moves since... ...Stenhouse's move at the Kansas nationwide race last year. Great job Jack.

Oh and Ryan Newman needs to stop driving race cars. Perhaps sowing is his pastime of choice
Old 6 May 2013, 04:02 (Ref:3243332)   #30
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
While this race had a happy and entertaining end, part of me agrees with Ryan Newman... they probably should have called the race hours ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
This race proves what an idiot Jack Roush is.
Damn dude. Judging Jack on one of the thousands of races he has participated in is a little harsh. Jack is one of the good guys.
Old 6 May 2013, 04:07 (Ref:3243334)   #31
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
The Unadilla Guerrilla juked Carl and then gave him a little bump up the hill. Great driving from him and what a finish. Glad to see a little guy back in victory lane, again.

Glad I found something else to do for most of the afternoon and then came back for the finish. Congrats to Front Row. That is awesome.

Congrats on your 4000th post nerd!
Old 6 May 2013, 06:48 (Ref:3243380)   #32
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
they probably should have called the race hours ago.
Hell no

As for Newman, he's probably just bitter he had what looked like a solid run going spoiled by the #78 landing on top of him.

Edit - Wow, ok now I've read the interview with Newman:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Newman
"I am doing this interview to let everybody know I'm alright,” Newman said. They can build safer race cars, they can build safer walls. But they can't get their heads out of their asses far enough to keep them on the race track, and that's pretty disappointing. I wanted to make sure I get that point across. Y'all can figure out who 'they' is. That's no way to end a race. Our car was much better than that. That's just poor judgment in restarting the race, poor judgment ... I mean; you got what you wanted, but poor judgment and running in the dark and running in the rain. That's it, thank you."
I guess calling it 'bitter' was an understatement

Thing is - and I think Newman will realize this once he sees the replay - there is no flaps etc in the world that would've kept Busch's car from turning over after that sort of impact. It had nothing to do with the air.

Edit #2 - Heh, I still can't stop smiling and I get goosebumps just thinking about the finish. Races like the one we saw last night is why I love NASCAR

Last edited by rustyfan; 6 May 2013 at 07:14.
Old 6 May 2013, 08:05 (Ref:3243407)   #33
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd recorded the race but started watching live from the restart. Great race aside from when Kenseth took that 5 car train away. Still better than silly tandem racing for me though.

Delighted for Ragan, drove so well at the finish. The Ambrose duck tape car was good to watch too. He deserves some luck sometime.
Old 6 May 2013, 12:51 (Ref:3243537)   #34
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good run by Scott Speed and Levine Family Racing to finish 9th.
Old 6 May 2013, 13:43 (Ref:3243559)   #35
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FordCosworthPanoz

Grant Lynch and the people at ISC need to install lights at Talladega, this is not the first time Talladega has had issues with darkness. Remember that year Cup pole qualifying was delayed in 2000 or 2001 (?) and they ran half the cars in the field's qualifying times under darkness, so bad that the campers in turn 3 were actually using lights to help the drivers out. And of course the shortened ARCA race in 2006 due to darkness. And of course this weekend.

Plus, a night race at Talladega would be pretty awesome.

P.S. The title over my post is odd not sure what happened.
Old 7 May 2013, 05:21 (Ref:3243788)   #36
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
Hell no

As for Newman, he's probably just bitter he had what looked like a solid run going spoiled by the #78 landing on top of him.

Edit - Wow, ok now I've read the interview with Newman:

I guess calling it 'bitter' was an understatement

Thing is - and I think Newman will realize this once he sees the replay - there is no flaps etc in the world that would've kept Busch's car from turning over after that sort of impact. It had nothing to do with the air.

Edit #2 - Heh, I still can't stop smiling and I get goosebumps just thinking about the finish. Races like the one we saw last night is why I love NASCAR
Interesting to hear Rusty Wallace say this evening that he thinks Newman should be penalized for complaining. Of all the people...

If Nascar penalizes him they are officially a cult and not a racing organization.
Old 7 May 2013, 11:02 (Ref:3243904)   #37
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Rusty Wallace and Ryan Newman hated each other and were one of the most volatile combinations in recent NASCAR history in a relationship that arguably led Rusty to early retirement. Also, it wore off on Penske as well and went I went to the their HQ in Mooresville in 2010, above the main cup shop there were banners off all their former drivers including the guys from the 70s like the Allison's and even Mayfield but the one driver that was missing, even the fact that he brought them their first and to this point only Daytona 500 win, was Ryan Newman.
Old 7 May 2013, 18:22 (Ref:3244061)   #38
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Rusty Wallace and Ryan Newman hated each other and were one of the most volatile combinations in recent NASCAR history in a relationship that arguably led Rusty to early retirement. Also, it wore off on Penske as well and went I went to the their HQ in Mooresville in 2010, above the main cup shop there were banners off all their former drivers including the guys from the 70s like the Allison's and even Mayfield but the one driver that was missing, even the fact that he brought them their first and to this point only Daytona 500 win, was Ryan Newman.
To be fair, instead of retiring, he could have found another team to drive for if that was indeed the case.