Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Aug 2013, 03:46 (Ref:3293311)   #51
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So... the parity argument has gone a different way, with different blends of the control fuel being trialled Article Here

Wonder if the fuels were put into a control engine on a dyno, and measurements taken of the output changes from the various fuels?
Old 26 Aug 2013, 04:41 (Ref:3293994)   #52
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lots of discussion on that one. All the technical analysis - some of which Larkham showed on the telecast - 'proves' that the E70 blend didn't produce more power or performance.

I don't argue with any of that. The biggest problem with it is that the two E70 Nissans qualified at the front and finished 1-2. Their E85 sister cars were much further back and, whatever you think of Todd's driving currently, Rick is still very much at the top of his game.

When they went back to E85, the 4 Nissans were much closer and not near the front. Caruso was punted in R3 when fighting for 10th with Lowndes.

I know this is not scientific and I know there are 1000 different variables day to day. But in this game, if they are going to give them E70 at the enduros then there will be howls from punters who believe their own eyes rather than what the 'boffins' will say.

The fruitier of the loops will claim it's all one big conspiracy to rob Holden/Ford of their rightful victory at Bathurst.

Either way, the perceptions based off that aren't good.
Old 26 Aug 2013, 21:50 (Ref:3294415)   #53
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looks like they are going to keep fiddling with the fuel blend Here for the AMG and Nissan racers...
Old 26 Aug 2013, 23:16 (Ref:3294450)   #54
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That story also reveals the ill-feeling about the process among the drivers and teams.

Whincup backtracked quickly from his 'jungle juice' comment, but it seems that's the prevailing attitude in the paddock.
Old 26 Aug 2013, 23:52 (Ref:3294459)   #55
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting to see Volvo already running TV ads in prime time supporting their entry into V8 Supercars.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 01:20 (Ref:3294473)   #56
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Rusty's view...
Old 27 Aug 2013, 03:05 (Ref:3294500)   #57
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Rusty's view...
That's very considerate of him.

I'm sure it's got nothing to do with him looking for a drive in 2014...
Old 27 Aug 2013, 03:09 (Ref:3294503)   #58
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If I've read between the lines correctly, he's been getting quite chummy with Mrs Klimenko.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 05:16 (Ref:3294536)   #59
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any word on the Sandown format?
Could have sworn I heard one of the drivers say there would be 2 races on the Saturday?

Also the Gold Coast? 2 x 300km races???
Old 27 Aug 2013, 05:40 (Ref:3294542)   #60
Antrodemus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington, NZ
Antrodemus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-star View Post
Could have sworn I heard one of the drivers say there would be 2 races on the Saturday?

Also the Gold Coast? 2 x 300km races???
Haven't heard anything about format changes, so Sandown would have the two qualifying races on Sat, and I presume GC stays as it is.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 05:42 (Ref:3294543)   #61
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1
That's very considerate of him.

I'm sure it's got nothing to do with him looking for a drive in 2014...
I remember in 2002 Russell was getting quite vocal on parity....particularly when it came to calls about ensuring the Falcon was competitive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-star View Post
Same format as the last years with the 500

Two races on the Saturday (one co-driver, one main driver) to set the grid for the 500 on Sunday
Old 27 Aug 2013, 12:12 (Ref:3294696)   #62
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
I really hate that format. At the risk of getting all traditionalist, the 500 should have the same format as Bathurst - qualifying, shootout and race.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 13:55 (Ref:3294754)   #63
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But it doesn't make for good telly, apparently.
Old 27 Aug 2013, 22:12 (Ref:3294954)   #64
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
I really hate that format. At the risk of getting all traditionalist, the 500 should have the same format as Bathurst - qualifying, shootout and race.
See I like the format. traditionally I would not have bothered to attend the saturday of the 500 weekend, but this format has seen me attend a number of times now.

It would be unlikely i would give up my saturday afternoon to watch just qualyfying and a shootout, but i would do it if it included a race
Old 28 Aug 2013, 04:53 (Ref:3295025)   #65
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
See I like the format. traditionally I would not have bothered to attend the saturday of the 500 weekend, but this format has seen me attend a number of times now.

It would be unlikely i would give up my saturday afternoon to watch just qualyfying and a shootout, but i would do it if it included a race
I hear you. I understand, from an entertainment perspective, I 100% agree.

But from a sporting perspective, I don't agree with the format's impact on the event and Championship.

To have them impacting the grid position of the car with the 'aggregate finishing position' qualifying race system I think is wrong. I think our enduro events should be structured for co-drivers to have minimum impact on the Championship.

Ultimately the championship is about the lead drivers. If you want to have the races on the Saturday, either make them pointscoring races for the lead drivers only, or have a pointscoring race for the lead driver and some other award for the co-driver only. But the co-driver races shouldn't affect either the grid position for the race or championship points.

Co-drivers affecting the results in the actual enduro races is fair enough - necessary evil and all - but in gimmicky 'entertainment only' races I think is a bit wrong.
Old 28 Aug 2013, 06:06 (Ref:3295039)   #66
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
If AA last week is to be believed, you better get used to the "Practice/Qualify Saturday & then Race Sunday" format as next year it will be the norm (except 'marquee' events)
Old 28 Aug 2013, 08:52 (Ref:3295085)   #67
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
If AA last week is to be believed, you better get used to the "Practice/Qualify Saturday & then Race Sunday" format as next year it will be the norm (except 'marquee' events)
in my opinion that will be a shame. Will reduce my interest
Old 28 Aug 2013, 12:14 (Ref:3295159)   #68
Umai Naa
Veteran

Agreed.

I'm guessing they'll axe the Saturday coverage as a result.

I usually miss qualifying as it is, or some media outlet spills the beans before it's televised anyway.
Old 28 Aug 2013, 22:59 (Ref:3295444)   #69
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
I agree with Peckstar - that would be a shame. I like the idea of having races on each each day at nearly all events and think it would be a counter-productive move.

My preferred format is the 'marquee' of qualifying and one decent length race on each day. The races run for less than 2 hours, so it's the same committment as watching a football match. If you're keen, you can try and work your day around to watch most or all of it and it's not too big an impact.

The 'sprint' round format like Perth, Ipswich & Winton I find difficult to watch because if I want to watch both races on the Sunday it costs me half a Sunday - which just doesn't work with a family, or friends, or interests/hobbies.

So if they try and cram more racing into a Sunday - people will see less racing except for the hardcore fans.