Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 8 Nov 2013, 19:08 (Ref:3329057)   #1
mrfizz
Rookie

England
West Bromwich
mrfizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pink Pigs?

Just seen a pic of the legends race in this weeks Autosport (p81). Why does every car have a cuddly pink pig hanging out the back?
Old 8 Nov 2013, 22:04 (Ref:3329121)   #2
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Something to do with Gerard McCosh (number 69) who's run with a pink pig in the back window for quite a few years?
Old 8 Nov 2013, 22:33 (Ref:3329126)   #3
smokey mow
Rookie

United Kingdom
Colchester, Essex
smokey mow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard the commentators saying that it was a farewell gesture from the other drivers, as Brands was Gerard's last race before he hangs up his helmet and retires from racing. I belive his pig is called Napoleon.
Old 9 Nov 2013, 06:04 (Ref:3329212)   #4
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The pigs apart from "Napoleon" were up for sale after the races, for a donation to a cancer charity, sorry I cannot remember which, as "Alan Hyde" mentioned Gerald had survived cancer. And he was retiring from racing Legends after I think they said 13 years. After his final race, the whole field toured round for 3 extra laps, with Gerald at the front, so everybody could wave goodbye. A nice touch, in these days where sadly laps of honour and the Brands Capri, and horn hooting from cars on south bank, are a thing of the past.

On a less positive note, what happened at the Pembrey round, that led to John Mickels comments over he commentary after the final race of the season at Brands?
Old 9 Nov 2013, 20:45 (Ref:3329429)   #5
mrfizz
Rookie

England
West Bromwich
mrfizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah, cool. Nice to know it was for a good cause too.