Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 19 Nov 2013, 18:09 (Ref:3333765)   #351
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
It was never the intention to close the place, just to make the leaseholder (MPML) run things to the letter of the law, which they didn't do. I do wonder why the council didn't act sooner, maybe it was down to wanting to keep money coming into the area. Such as shame it came to this, but thats mainly the fault of MPML.
The council only acted when the council officials were themselves threatened with legal action for not enforcing planning requirements. Earlier intervention by the council may have set off alarm bells and forced MPML to sort out their act.

Funnily enough there was a bizarre parallel situation with the local football club (Hinckley)- the council were warned of massive financial problems and irregularities but turned a blind eye right up to the point the club was liquidated and the police were called in!

It is going to take a few months to fix the legal mess around Mallory but this has to be a step forward. I suspect it will reopen under a new lease simply because there's not a lot you can do with the site. However some gossip is saying that housing is still an outside possibility. The next door village has been forced to accept a lot of unpopular housing in the local plan and you could see it being shifted to Kirkby to offload the political row.
Old 20 Nov 2013, 08:02 (Ref:3334098)   #352
Pescara Productions
Rookie

United Kingdom
The worst road in Leicestershire
Pescara Productions should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought MPML had gone into liquidation a while back, that's why I was concerned over the lack of news for a few months. Hopefully Meeke can do something for the place for next year/get someone new in, but there's very little time to do it.
Old 20 Nov 2013, 08:09 (Ref:3334101)   #353
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MPML went into administration a few months ago, now its in liquidation which is the next step. Two different states.
Old 20 Nov 2013, 14:41 (Ref:3334300)   #354
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let us home the new operating company does not employ any of the previous circuit management.

For the circuit to have a future the new management have to be proactive in getting the local community supporting the circuit.
Old 20 Nov 2013, 15:15 (Ref:3334315)   #355
dave vass
Racer

England
Kidderminster
dave vass should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the circuit to have a future the new management have to be proactive in getting the local community supporting the circuit.[/QUOTE]

Just like Ron and Edwina used to do......and all their hard work was undone.
Old 20 Nov 2013, 17:33 (Ref:3334385)   #356
Pescara Productions
Rookie

United Kingdom
This is interesting.

http://www.hinckley-bosworth.gov.uk/...rk-liquidation.

It basically states that there are three interested parties with Motorsport in mind that have inquired about what sort of noise limits will be given out in a new agreement. I wonder who those three are.
Old 21 Nov 2013, 09:44 (Ref:3334706)   #357
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Midweek Motorsport on Radio Le Mans said last night that at least one formal offer was submitted directly to Titan, outside of the Administrator. Its worth a listen (as are all their podcasts) as they are doing a stirling job getting to the bottom of it all.
Old 30 Nov 2013, 16:04 (Ref:3338653)   #358
jimmer
Racer

England
bath somerset
jimmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any more news ????
Old 2 Dec 2013, 18:02 (Ref:3339385)   #359
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A press release was issued today about the 'resignation' of BARC chief executive Mark Jones.

Perhaps indicative of major problems within the BARC?
Old 2 Dec 2013, 18:26 (Ref:3339398)   #360
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
A press release was issued today about the 'resignation' of BARC chief executive Mark Jones.

Perhaps indicative of major problems within the BARC?
Don't know about that but I've just seen an item on the local TV news saying that a new operator for the circuit is to be announced next week.

Great news if true.
Old 2 Dec 2013, 21:59 (Ref:3339496)   #361
Pescara Productions
Rookie

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
Don't know about that but I've just seen an item on the local TV news saying that a new operator for the circuit is to be announced next week.

Great news if true.
Sounds brilliant, looks like I don't have to sit out next year after all. I wonder who it is.
Old 3 Dec 2013, 14:16 (Ref:3339734)   #362
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Looking good http://www.itv.com/news/central/upda...y-the-weekend/
Old 3 Dec 2013, 14:36 (Ref:3339741)   #363
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARC press release
Executive duties to be taken up by Bill Coombs with immediate effect

The British Automotive Racing Club (BARC) has confirmed that its Chief Executive, Mark Jones, is to leave the Club.

The Club thanks Mark for all his work and efforts during his time at the BARC and wishes him all the very best for the future. Bill Coombs will assume executive responsibility with immediate effect. Bill will be known to many as the CEO of the Ian Taylor Motor Racing School, and through his association with Thruxton and the sport in general.

Chairman of the BARC, Simon Clark, said: “The Club has endured a challenging year, but we’re confident that the team will enjoy a successful season in 2014. We’re gratified by the support offered to the Club and by the strength of feeling from its members.”

The BARC remains one of the premier members clubs in the UK. It organises motor sport series, including the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship, and race meetings at almost every venue in Britain most notably at the BARC’s circuits, Croft, Pembrey and Thruxton. In addition the BARC also organises sprints and hill climbs at such venues as Gurston Down, Harewood and Goodwood.
Well no one saw that coming then - or did they?

Jim
Old 3 Dec 2013, 18:47 (Ref:3339829)   #364
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well no one saw that coming then - or did they?

Jim

Hmmmm…..

Bladders….
Old 4 Dec 2013, 16:24 (Ref:3340176)   #365
andrewc
Veteran

Real Motorsport Ltd has been announced as the new operator of Mallory Park.

Real Motorsport is Stuart Hicken and Eddie Roberts, both former motorbike racers. Hicken now owns Buildbase BMW BSB team and Roberts owns Complog who is a worldwide tyre distributor and supplier to the British Superbike Series.

They are looking to stage their first race meeting in the spring as well as resuming test days and track hire days.
Old 4 Dec 2013, 17:07 (Ref:3340184)   #366
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc View Post
Real Motorsport Ltd has been announced as the new operator of Mallory Park.

Real Motorsport is Stuart Hicken and Eddie Roberts, both former motorbike racers. Hicken now owns Buildbase BMW BSB team and Roberts owns Complog who is a worldwide tyre distributor and supplier to the British Superbike Series.

They are looking to stage their first race meeting in the spring as well as resuming test days and track hire days.
New operators?
That's good news. My initial thoughts are that although they're obviously two-wheel racers, there won't be enough bike meetings in a year to sustain the place, so car racing shouldn't be affected.
Let's watch this space...
Old 4 Dec 2013, 17:25 (Ref:3340191)   #367
andrewc
Veteran

Yes, they're bike racers, and if they're involved with BSB will want to get BSB back to Mallory, as a headline event.

They'll be foolish not to recognise the importance of proper 4 wheeled racing cars as well.
Old 4 Dec 2013, 18:48 (Ref:3340207)   #368
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
New operators?
That's good news. My initial thoughts are that although they're obviously two-wheel racers, there won't be enough bike meetings in a year to sustain the place, so car racing shouldn't be affected.
Let's watch this space...

My first thoughts were that bikes would get priority, too - and of course most Race Club's provisional calendars have been published already......

Can't be bad news, though....
Old 4 Dec 2013, 20:43 (Ref:3340239)   #369
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
So is Thundersport GB the first to list a meeting at Mallory next year? The Championship Finals meeting in October was on their calendar when it was first published a couple of weeks ago!

(Thundersport GB, for the uninitiated, runs some of the UK's best bike racing.)
Old 4 Dec 2013, 23:07 (Ref:3340275)   #370
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm sure some clubs would be more than willing to squeeze an extra date into published calendars, should they be invited to.

Not the BARC though.
Old 6 Dec 2013, 16:33 (Ref:3340857)   #371
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
According to Autosport the BARC might yet be involved with Mallory as the new lease holders are talking to them.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111767
Old 6 Dec 2013, 17:16 (Ref:3340874)   #372
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Only in the UK.

Sorry Al I clicked the wrong button, edit instead of quote. Tim Falce

Last edited by Tim Falce; 6 Dec 2013 at 18:56.
Old 6 Dec 2013, 18:53 (Ref:3340918)   #373
Pescara Productions
Rookie

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
According to Autosport the BARC might yet be involved with Mallory as the new lease holders are talking to them.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111767
Company runs race circuit into the ground.
Company is allowed back to run it again.

How can they not see the problem here, I hope to god that they go with someone else. Can the 750MC or CTCRC take the position instead?
Old 6 Dec 2013, 18:54 (Ref:3340920)   #374
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Only in the UK.

Only what in the UK?
Old 6 Dec 2013, 18:56 (Ref:3340922)   #375
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescara Productions View Post
Company runs race circuit into the ground.
Company is allowed back to run it again.

How can they not see the problem here, I hope to god that they go with someone else. Can the 750MC or CTCRC take the position instead?
I think what they are saying is that they will run BARC meetings. BARC won't be involved in the running of the circuit.