Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18 Dec 2013, 15:41 (Ref:3345506)   #11
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Now turning to the practicalities: I'd like to see an MSA trainer explain exactly how I'm supposed to do a double waved yellow, note car numbers, write a report *and* call in an incident at the same time. In my not-so-experienced opinion this is one specific time that "do your best" is simply not good enough.
From previous experience of being alone at events where "FIA" flag rules applied.

Single yellow, radio "my" incident then upgrade to the double.

If I'm on double I'll ignore throwing the red flag on the grounds that drivers have ample chance to see it before/after the incident and that by having double waved out by definition they should be prepared to stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exflagman View Post
You still need a double yellow at the site of the incident.
I'd prop the SC board against the fence where possible and go with the flags. As per above, if I'm alone the flags take priority over displaying any "frippery & baubles" such as boards that would be out at the preceding / subsequent posts.