Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 23 Mar 2014, 09:40 (Ref:3383242)   #326
GHOGH
Racer

GHOGH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably the best feature of the STs is the web coverage, someone understands that many people work on Sundays.
http://tinyurl.com/ma5tlw5 7hrs

The ssang utes looked a bit slow - supply an engine to reaction, scottspeed etc to see who can warm the ssang utes up a bit.
Old 23 Mar 2014, 10:53 (Ref:3383256)   #327
Nigel TV3
Racer

Nigel TV3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX20VT View Post
I missed the V8ST on TV today?
Can it been seen on TV3 On Demand?
Anyone know when it becomes available?
Please to say Sunday's CRC Motorsport will be available On Demand Monday afternoon.

Nigel
Producer CRC Motorsport
Old 23 Mar 2014, 11:01 (Ref:3383258)   #328
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel TV3 View Post
Please to say Sunday's CRC Motorsport will be available On Demand Monday afternoon.

Nigel
Producer CRC Motorsport

Thanks
Old 23 Mar 2014, 21:23 (Ref:3383433)   #329
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I missed the V8ST on TV today?
Hmmm... My MySky missed it too

Nigel do you know if there is something different that would have caused that?? I like the programme but are rarely home on Sunday pm to watch it, so have it series linked but it failed to pick it up
Old 23 Mar 2014, 23:32 (Ref:3383462)   #330
Nigel TV3
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
Hmmm... My MySky missed it too

Nigel do you know if there is something different that would have caused that?? I like the programme but are rarely home on Sunday pm to watch it, so have it series linked but it failed to pick it up
Hi CDM, my MySky missed it as well... Like you I have the Series Link box ticked for CRC Motorsport and it failed to record yesterday.. I will check with the Technicians at work ans see what I can find out but I think the problem is at the Sky end.
Old 23 Mar 2014, 23:58 (Ref:3383467)   #331
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I will check with the Technicians at work ans see what I can find out but I think the problem is at the Sky end.
It often is... We get fed up of programmes not recording and it happens more often than we think acceptable.
Old 24 Mar 2014, 00:55 (Ref:3383476)   #332
bluespur
Racer

bluespur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mine got it fine - was able to watch last evening

not sure how you are to do it but need to develop some liaision with event officials regarding some of the race information - Foggs penalty was not over-turned - I understand that Pederson received a penalty for not accelerating quickly enough - as is required in their start procedures. A minor point but does help to have the correct information

and how did I find out - simple I rang the Race Director as what was being said simply did not make sense

Last edited by bluespur; 24 Mar 2014 at 00:57. Reason: clarification
Old 24 Mar 2014, 01:14 (Ref:3383479)   #333
Nigel TV3
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluespur View Post

not sure how you are to do it but need to develop some liaision with event officials regarding some of the race information - Foggs penalty was not over-turned - I understand that Pederson received a penalty for not accelerating quickly enough - as is required in their start procedures. A minor point but does help to have the correct information

and how did I find out - simple I rang the Race Director as what was being said simply did not make sense
Hi Bluespur, did you record CRC Motorsport via the Series Link or as a manual record?
Old 24 Mar 2014, 02:38 (Ref:3383491)   #334
BackSeat Driver
Racer

BackSeat Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a Panasonic DVD recorder that does the same thing as MySky (i.e. does a series link etc) onto its own hard drive.

Sadly it didn't record the racing as well

Will use 3's on demand tonight but some glitch has happened somewhere.
Old 24 Mar 2014, 02:44 (Ref:3383495)   #335
bluespur
Racer

bluespur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nigel

manual record - perhaps that is the issue
Old 24 Mar 2014, 03:03 (Ref:3383497)   #336
GT 86
Racer

GT 86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

From what I have heard all penalties from R2 remained the same but after the event Pedersen was also given a penalty which put the top boys back in the order they finished.
Old 24 Mar 2014, 03:09 (Ref:3383499)   #337
Nigel TV3
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 86 View Post
From what I have heard all penalties from R2 remained the same but after the event Pedersen was also given a penalty which put the top boys back in the order they finished.
Correct.. As per Shaun's story on the News last night.
Old 24 Mar 2014, 06:37 (Ref:3383514)   #338
DX20VT
Racer

Quote:
Nigel

manual record - perhaps that is the issue
I had relied on serieslink to record it and missed it.

I presumed that it may have had a different program name or something,
V8 supertourers or something rather than CRC Motorsport,
but can't look back on the guide to see what it was called.

I guess the "on demand" might be getting a workout over the next few days.
Old 24 Mar 2014, 07:02 (Ref:3383517)   #339
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Waikuku Beach, Canterbury, NZ
adbutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Recorded fine on series link on MyFreeview.
Old 24 Mar 2014, 07:09 (Ref:3383520)   #340
Nigel TV3
Racer

Quote:
I had relied on serieslink to record it and missed it.

I presumed that it may have had a different program name or something,
V8 supertourers or something rather than CRC Motorsport,
but can't look back on the guide to see what it was called.

I guess the "on demand" might be getting a workout over the next few days.
Hi DX20VT, Looks like Sky had a issues with MySky as Freeview Viewers had no problems.. I have asked for a please explain from Sky... Sorry about this.

Nigel.
Old 1 Apr 2014, 11:35 (Ref:3387391)   #341
DX20VT
Racer

Quote:
I have asked for a please explain from Sky... Sorry about this.

Nigel.

Did you get a response?
Old 1 Apr 2014, 20:37 (Ref:3387558)   #342
Nigel TV3
Racer

Quote:
Did you get a response?
Hi DX, yes I think we have got it sorted. Sky's error and they have apologised for the inconvenience. I understand it was finger trouble their end. I notice MySky recording of CRC on Sunday was OK..
Old 14 Aug 2014, 23:28 (Ref:3444374)   #343
GT 86
Racer

Hi Nigel,

How does this compare with your show and perhaps V8ST given the size of AU vs NZ

http://thenationals.com.au/index.php...t01returnid=15
Old 16 Aug 2014, 05:21 (Ref:3444611)   #344
Nigel TV3
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 86 View Post
Hi Nigel,

How does this compare with your show and perhaps V8ST given the size of AU vs NZ

http://thenationals.com.au/index.php...t01returnid=15
Hi GT, sorry for the delay in responding, CRC Motorsport has been pretty busy lately....
Regarding your post, Free to Air Telle lives and dies by ratings, but we are fortunate that CRC Motorsport has very loyal, supportive and vocal viewership, plus we are supported by a great bunch of Sponsors. CRC have renewed their Sponsorship for another two years so we must be doing something right. When it comes to ratings we achieve between 150,000 - 220,000 viewers every Sunday afternoon depending on the weather and what else is on... Supertourers deliver the biggest numbers for TV3 and is the most watched Category on CRC... MotoGP, & WRC also do really well.. in the bigger scheme of things these are great numbers and that is why our advertising schedule is always fully sold, they don't compare to the big numbers overseas but remember NZ has very small population base. So I am grateful for the petrol heads that take the time to tune in on Sundays.
There has been a lot of discussion about live streaming and how it is the way of the future, truth is nothing beats free to air when it comes to bums on seats, just look at Supercars since they have gone to Sky... their audience share has dropped by over 400%.. Sure in the future live streaming may be the way to go but not yet.... Believe me if CRC Motorsport did not stake up financially for the Network it would be gone, and that is why I am grateful for the support the show gets, at the same time I think it is important we have a regular Motosport Show on Free to Air... a lot of people can't afford or are not prepared to pay for Sky.

Hope I have answered your question.

Nigel
Producer
CRC Motorsport

or in my past life know as "Vanishing Point"
Old 17 Aug 2014, 22:13 (Ref:3444868)   #345
GT 86
Racer

Quote:
Hi GT, sorry for the delay in responding, CRC Motorsport has been pretty busy lately....
Regarding your post, Free to Air Telle lives and dies by ratings, but we are fortunate that CRC Motorsport has very loyal, supportive and vocal viewership, plus we are supported by a great bunch of Sponsors. CRC have renewed their Sponsorship for another two years so we must be doing something right. When it comes to ratings we achieve between 150,000 - 220,000 viewers every Sunday afternoon depending on the weather and what else is on... Supertourers deliver the biggest numbers for TV3 and is the most watched Category on CRC... MotoGP, & WRC also do really well.. in the bigger scheme of things these are great numbers and that is why our advertising schedule is always fully sold, they don't compare to the big numbers overseas but remember NZ has very small population base. So I am grateful for the petrol heads that take the time to tune in on Sundays.
There has been a lot of discussion about live streaming and how it is the way of the future, truth is nothing beats free to air when it comes to bums on seats, just look at Supercars since they have gone to Sky... their audience share has dropped by over 400%.. Sure in the future live streaming may be the way to go but not yet.... Believe me if CRC Motorsport did not stake up financially for the Network it would be gone, and that is why I am grateful for the support the show gets, at the same time I think it is important we have a regular Motosport Show on Free to Air... a lot of people can't afford or are not prepared to pay for Sky.

Hope I have answered your question.

Nigel
Producer
CRC Motorsport

or in my past life know as "Vanishing Point"
Thanks Nigel, so we stack up quite well against the Australian ratings then. Incidently I was told that the ST coverage on speedweek was quite good, any numbers for that?
Old 18 Aug 2014, 10:32 (Ref:3444977)   #346
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A 400% drop could surely only be described as Chinese maths, Nigel

Do you mean a 75% drop to a quarter of its free-to-air audience?

Shaun always used to preach that TV3 bled on V8 Supercars. Are CRC matching Gillette or has the figure come back to reflect the loss of the V8 Supercars?

The show is pretty good, but I seldom get to see it since we flagged MySky and started streaming the V8 Supercars.
Old 18 Aug 2014, 21:00 (Ref:3445185)   #347
Nigel TV3
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
A 400% drop could surely only be described as Chinese maths, Nigel

Do you mean a 75% drop to a quarter of its free-to-air audience?

Shaun always used to preach that TV3 bled on V8 Supercars. Are CRC matching Gillette or has the figure come back to reflect the loss of the V8 Supercars?

The show is pretty good, but I seldom get to see it since we flagged MySky and started streaming the V8 Supercars.
Whatever spin you put on the numbers, the audience watching Supercars has diminished considerably since the move to Sky, all I am saying is Motorsport on Free to Air far out performs Pay TV and Live Streaming at the moment.

Supercars cost TV3 over 15 million dollars which was a challenge to recoup through advertising revenue, from a fiscal perspective no way would Supercars return to TV3. To be honest we could never do justice to Supercars because of our commercial obligations and both Shaun and I struggled with that. Sky is the best home for Supercars. Gillette Motorsport achieved great ratings when we had Supercars, sure the CRC numbers are a little lower but they are still very healthy and we are profitable.
Thanks for the positive feedback on the show, Shaun and l try to deliver the best we can, what do you think of Monster Jam?... the ratings for Monster Jam are similar to Supercars back on Gillette.
Old 19 Aug 2014, 04:33 (Ref:3445258)   #348
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cheers for your response. So the answer is 25%? Just trying to get a V8 Supercar read on Pay TV vs TV3. It must've been frustrating for the pair of you to want to do more but not be able to.

What is Monster Jam?
Old 19 Aug 2014, 05:01 (Ref:3445261)   #349
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post

What is Monster Jam?
A Kiwi driver going the wrong way around the Arc de Triomphe.
Old 20 Aug 2014, 00:32 (Ref:3445567)   #350
blizard
Rookie

blizard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monster jam is cool. It might get old soon but we'll see. Stadium trucks would be good!

Any new zealand content is always good - circuit, road, rally. The recent NZ rally coverage has been good.

Give us more NZ muscle cars, GTRNZ, Open BMW even Honda Cup
Classes with interesting cars, not too slow and actually put on a show and race door-to-door. Don't wait for them to come to you