Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 28 Sep 2023, 19:25 (Ref:4178687)   #151
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
https://twitter.com/smclaughlin93/st...bDF1O96Gw&s=19
Old 28 Sep 2023, 19:55 (Ref:4178691)   #152
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Nice!! It's an epic place!!
Old 30 Sep 2023, 02:15 (Ref:4178840)   #153
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
We are super looking forward to it. He won’t drink as much whisky as my Dad did!

It is useful for me as he can remember driver’s names and what happened in previous races.

High end Not Bud Lights. Obviously both of us are boycotting Bud Light. For obvious reasons - it tastes like wee.

There will be high end Fanta for my kid instead

BTW, on recommendation - thanks - I emailed the circuit and they confirmed everything is cool. So double confirmed.
Oh snap! It will be great to see you again and meet the younger fella! I'll do my best to be on my best behavior but please prep him for some occasional salty language. As hard as I try, some get by the catcher to the backstop. I saw Field's oldest two weeks ago for the first time in many months and the first words outta my mouth were "oh ****!".
Old 30 Sep 2023, 17:29 (Ref:4178899)   #154
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He’s used to it! Especially with his mother He knows not to use it and might tell you off for using it, but it won’t be new.
We treat him grown up and trust him to have the responsibility to use responsibly, which for his age is never. So far so good.

Main issue is that he eats picky. But he’s good with quality steak (it has to be quality too!) and cheap hot dogs so we’ll be fine. And if I can find an ice cream truck we’re fine. Probably bring a little stove to do some beans or bacon for him.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 20:37 (Ref:4179005)   #155
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll have my new stove/oven combo and the usual kitchen stuffs. Probably going to do a few breakfast things Fri and Saturday, biscuits and sausage/bacon most likely and Mr Salty Language above's required cinnamon rolls

Haven't tested a birria or other smoked and braised something so bring what ya want to grill and some fat drunk guy will cook and try not to flavor with too much cigar smoke. I'll have my usual kettle grill but not the smoker this year.

And they usually have the ice cream truck in Vendor Village and often on Spectator Hill.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 20:54 (Ref:4179014)   #156
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That all sounds pretty special.... **Petit just added to my bucket list of events to do in my retirement! **
Old 30 Sep 2023, 21:53 (Ref:4179028)   #157
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I'll have my new stove/oven combo and the usual kitchen stuffs. Probably going to do a few breakfast things Fri and Saturday, biscuits and sausage/bacon most likely and Mr Salty Language above's required cinnamon rolls

Haven't tested a birria or other smoked and braised something so bring what ya want to grill and some fat drunk guy will cook and try not to flavor with too much cigar smoke. I'll have my usual kettle grill but not the smoker this year.
Sounds wonderful.

Just been shopping for something for the table
Quote:
And they usually have the ice cream truck in Vendor Village and often on Spectator Hill.
We are set! And that’s the reason I can get him to wander up there. When there he’ll be in awe of the view. I doubt I’ll be allowed to have my camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
That all sounds pretty special.... **Petit just added to my bucket list of events to do in my retirement! **

Last edited by Adam43; 30 Sep 2023 at 22:26.
Old 1 Oct 2023, 03:09 (Ref:4179089)   #158
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
He’s used to it! Especially with his mother He knows not to use it and might tell you off for using it, but it won’t be new.
We treat him grown up and trust him to have the responsibility to use responsibly, which for his age is never. So far so good.

Main issue is that he eats picky. But he’s good with quality steak (it has to be quality too!) and cheap hot dogs so we’ll be fine. And if I can find an ice cream truck we’re fine. Probably bring a little stove to do some beans or bacon for him.
I eat like a 12 year old so if I can survive, so can he. There is always an ice cream vendor there. I cut out ice cream at the beginning of this year, and it's my favorite thing, so I'm looking forward to it myself.
Old 1 Oct 2023, 12:19 (Ref:4179117)   #159
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is bourbon tasting and smoked brisket still on for Friday night?
Old 1 Oct 2023, 21:17 (Ref:4179183)   #160
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Seeing memories from social media and other places, I've come to realize imsa screwed me last year. One year ago today, I was getting lit at a wedding outside of Barcelona.
Old 2 Oct 2023, 11:58 (Ref:4179230)   #161
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Seeing memories from social media and other places, I've come to realize imsa screwed me last year. One year ago today, I was getting lit at a wedding outside of Barcelona.
Yeah, ye ole Marky boy has reminded me a couple days in the last few weeks how early Petit was creeping. Last year was was mostly in Sept, it needs to be the second weekend of Oct every year no earlier. And thanks to 2020, no later as Veterans (Armistice) Day week was a bit cold thank you
Old 2 Oct 2023, 15:15 (Ref:4179258)   #162
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yeah, ye ole Marky boy has reminded me a couple days in the last few weeks how early Petit was creeping. Last year was was mostly in Sept, it needs to be the second weekend of Oct every year no earlier. And thanks to 2020, no later as Veterans (Armistice) Day week was a bit cold thank you
That was 21, and it was spectacular.

I have to go through camping gear this week and see what i have, it is always a crap shoot of not opening up my tent till i get there. Did a rat chew through it in my shop? don't know, but I'll find out in 9 days!
Old 2 Oct 2023, 15:27 (Ref:4179261)   #163
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
RX7Mandingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
That was 21, and it was spectacular.

I have to go through camping gear this week and see what i have, it is always a crap shoot of not opening up my tent till i get there. Did a rat chew through it in my shop? don't know, but I'll find out in 9 days!
Yeah 21 was freezing, literally.

Checked the weather report this morning and it's not looking great. I'm going to have to stock up on waterproofing spray for my tent
Old 2 Oct 2023, 18:22 (Ref:4179287)   #164
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
The 10 day fall forecast is ALWAYS rain on the 9th and 10th day, wake me Friday for the weekly then maybe
Old 2 Oct 2023, 19:43 (Ref:4179303)   #165
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
We need a little or we need to notify the water truck. Either way, we're getting filthy in T4!
Old 2 Oct 2023, 19:48 (Ref:4179305)   #166
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The 10 day fall forecast is ALWAYS rain on the 9th and 10th day, wake me Friday for the weekly then maybe
Yep, but on a 14 day forecast it always day 13 and 14.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l...7cc02c65f97c6a
Old 2 Oct 2023, 19:59 (Ref:4179308)   #167
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Well there's your first problem, weather.com ain't been good for 5 plus years and they're getting worse with the IBM AI ownership
Old 2 Oct 2023, 20:17 (Ref:4179311)   #168
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Quote:
Well there's your first problem, weather.com ain't been good for 5 plus years and they're getting worse with the IBM AI ownership
OK, how's this:

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/fl...orecast/332578

Either way it doesn't look too bad for Saturday and most of the days leading into it. The reality is though that it never accurate till just days before.
Old 3 Oct 2023, 13:49 (Ref:4179441)   #169
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT240Z View Post
OK, how's this:

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/fl...orecast/332578

Either way it doesn't look too bad for Saturday and most of the days leading into it. The reality is though that it never accurate till just days before.
Can we please lock in that forecast now? Do I have to pay someone to make it happen?
Old 3 Oct 2023, 13:50 (Ref:4179442)   #170
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
One week to departure time. If all goes well, I'll be pulling into our RV spot around now.

Still trying to understand if the Bourbon and Brisket thing is an official gathering open to all here or if it's more of a family/friends gathering. I'm usually a little reserved about coming into someone's campsite when not invited.

On a plus side, I do have a nice bottle of bourbon hidden inside the motorhome. Hopefully no searches when entering.
Old 3 Oct 2023, 13:53 (Ref:4179444)   #171
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Can we please lock in that forecast now? Do I have to pay someone to make it happen?
I asked Abe to run the water truck a few times around the site Sunday to get a dust knock down. JHammy will be out digging holes and making sparks Tuesday evening getting the stabilizers down for FoD hotel
Old 3 Oct 2023, 14:48 (Ref:4179458)   #172
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Is bourbon tasting and smoked brisket still on for Friday night?
yessir!
Old 3 Oct 2023, 15:19 (Ref:4179469)   #173
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
One week to departure time. If all goes well, I'll be pulling into our RV spot around now.

Still trying to understand if the Bourbon and Brisket thing is an official gathering open to all here or if it's more of a family/friends gathering. I'm usually a little reserved about coming into someone's campsite when not invited.

On a plus side, I do have a nice bottle of bourbon hidden inside the motorhome. Hopefully no searches when entering.
It's not an official gathering of any sort. Once we get tipsy, we invite just about everyone we run across wed/thu night. We invite all of our neighbors in the RV area, I blab about it online etc...
regardless of the number of folks we invite, this is how it usually turns out. Small group. eat food. drink booze. Listen to tunes. talk some sh!t for a while and pass out.
Attached Thumbnails
campsite.jpg  
Old 3 Oct 2023, 15:33 (Ref:4179473)   #174
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
Good the hear. What time and place?

Red or Blue?

Plan to come with myself and the wife via golf cart. I have a Ten Tenths flag for the host along with a bottle of bourbon for the group.
Old 3 Oct 2023, 20:13 (Ref:4179508)   #175
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will there be commentary on an FM frequency ?
Oh, and looking forward to getting back to PLM