Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 31 Dec 2023, 13:47 (Ref:4190360)   #1651
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The vehicle in question carried the registration number E10EFL. This is verified as a 2014 RR Sport Diesel (not hybrid). The emissions for this are verified as 194 g/km, which puts it at the top end of the emissions range for non-hybrid diesel.

But, don't let the truth get in the way of another conspiracy without proof.

I've posted the facts, theorists will claim that the 'real truth' is being hidden.

I'll move on now.
You talk about the truth , then say things like [ all of the vehicles on Freemantle Highway being recovered ], when it was only about 30% of them .

Then your claimed registration for the Luton fire vehicle .Which is a load of lies as it was not that colour and that vehicle was actually MOTd and taxed about a month after you claimed it was destroyed .
An original video of the fire vehicle with registration plates showed it was a diesel hybrid , but that video was removed so that they could claim it was not a battery fire .Which is what the media is constantly doing to try to promote the Net Zero insanity .
Old 31 Dec 2023, 14:19 (Ref:4190363)   #1652
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I see that this particular RR monstrosity was GOLD in colour which means that there was clearly every justification in burning it to cinders..... Sadly it has been retaxed and re-MOT'd until November 2024.
From before the plate was transferred to the new car:

Image 1 - the car that caused the fire (E10EFL).
Image 2 - the DVLA record of the car (Red RR Sport, with details matching a Diesel (non-hybrid) 3L engine.
Image 3 - the DVLA record of the MOT, MOT'd 9 months before the incident.
Attached Thumbnails
E10EFL 1.png   E10EFL 2.jpeg   E10EFL 3.jpeg  

Old 31 Dec 2023, 14:22 (Ref:4190364)   #1653
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
You talk about the truth , then say things like [ all of the vehicles on Freemantle Highway being recovered ], when it was only about 30% of them .
Apologies - I meant that all of the EVs on the ship were recovered (498 in total, none of them damaged).
Old 31 Dec 2023, 14:32 (Ref:4190366)   #1654
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm, all very interesting. I've just checked the DVLA tax status and it shows E10 EFL to be a gold RR 4litre diesel. When I go to the MOT status it shows the car to be overdue.

Could be that there's something more than meets the eye.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot 2023-12-31 142643.jpg   Screenshot 2023-12-31 143025.png  
Old 31 Dec 2023, 14:34 (Ref:4190367)   #1655
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tel, what has Bedfordshire Fire & Rescue got to gain by confirming that it was not a Hybrid? And are all major media outlets so enamoured by Hybrid and EVs that they would all publish articles plus TV and radio reports that clearly state that the car in question was a pure diesel?

Or are we to believe that it's all a big government conspiracy behind all the denials about the car? In which case I need to stock up with plenty of tin foil!
Old 31 Dec 2023, 15:10 (Ref:4190372)   #1656
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Hmm, all very interesting. I've just checked the DVLA tax status and it shows E10 EFL to be a gold RR 4litre diesel. When I go to the MOT status it shows the car to be overdue.

Could be that there's something more than meets the eye.
The registration plate has been transferred to a 4L Gold RR. It just seems that the MOT database (a different subset of data) is still to catch up.
Old 31 Dec 2023, 15:25 (Ref:4190376)   #1657
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was quick don't you think? Mid October the car ignites, beginning November the registration appears on a different version of the same marque. Does smell somewhat fishy. Perhaps that's why someone was arrested. If it was a case of spontaneous combustion (diesel flashpoint is 52 to 60c) why would anyone be arrested?
Old 31 Dec 2023, 15:34 (Ref:4190379)   #1658
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
That was quick don't you think? Mid October the car ignites, beginning November the registration appears on a different version of the same marque. Does smell somewhat fishy. Perhaps that's why someone was arrested. If it was a case of spontaneous combustion (diesel flashpoint is 52 to 60c) why would anyone be arrested?
Lots of things can appear 'fishy' if you're looking for it.

In this case, it seems that the appeal of the plate itself meant that the transfer was put through straight after the fire.

I don't think anyone has suggested it was spontaneous combustion of diesel. I think it was deemed a fault in the electrical system that caused the fire.

The arrest was for suspicion of criminal damage, and he was subsequently released. Probably just a precaution while the initial investigation took place.

On the subject of the MOT database not showing the full story, take a check of BV61XDO's MOT records from 2016 to 2019......
Old 31 Dec 2023, 15:54 (Ref:4190381)   #1659
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Looks like someone can tell us more about what's gonna happen in a near future. E.B are you already in another thread? How is your today life? Will be ours within hours… Brendez-vous in 2024!
Old 31 Dec 2023, 16:57 (Ref:4190387)   #1660
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Tel, what has Bedfordshire Fire & Rescue got to gain by confirming that it was not a Hybrid? And are all major media outlets so enamoured by Hybrid and EVs that they would all publish articles plus TV and radio reports that clearly state that the car in question was a pure diesel?

Or are we to believe that it's all a big government conspiracy behind all the denials about the car? In which case I need to stock up with plenty of tin foil!
Attached Thumbnails
KS2HAOOZESE232JFX3QVNL3VCU.jpg  
Old 31 Dec 2023, 17:18 (Ref:4190389)   #1661
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Lots of things can appear 'fishy' if you're looking for it.

In this case, it seems that the appeal of the plate itself meant that the transfer was put through straight after the fire.

I don't think anyone has suggested it was spontaneous combustion of diesel. I think it was deemed a fault in the electrical system that caused the fire.

The arrest was for suspicion of criminal damage, and he was subsequently released. Probably just a precaution while the initial investigation took place.

On the subject of the MOT database not showing the full story, take a check of BV61XDO's MOT records from 2016 to 2019......
The fire was the result of the fuel burning. If it was an electrical fault there would have to be significant continous power in the spark. Diesel is not easy to burn unlike petrol. Have you tried to obtain a private number plate and re register a car with it? Not easy and not a quick process. I'm thinking there may have been some form of nepharious activity in this.
Old 31 Dec 2023, 17:42 (Ref:4190392)   #1662
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
The fire was the result of the fuel burning.
So not the battery of an EV?
Old 31 Dec 2023, 17:50 (Ref:4190394)   #1663
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
So not the battery of an EV?
Not sure I suggested it was. But you never know.
Old 31 Dec 2023, 17:55 (Ref:4190396)   #1664
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is quite a lot of unusual changes around the vehicle registration .

It does seem that the original E10EFL was a 2014 RED Range Rover Sport , and in the original DVLA report it showed an emissions figure of 169 KG p KM , which is the figure for a Hybrid model , and the just Diesel model was a lot higher .
Now the reg shows it as a 2016 Gold coloured R R Sport with a different engine .
Which could be correct , but why have the original details been hidden .
Certain people will still claim " Conspiracy theories " , but it does seem a lot of work has gone into trying to claim the fire was not caused by batteries , when from the pictures it is obvious the just diesel burning could not have caused a fire like that .
Old 31 Dec 2023, 18:10 (Ref:4190397)   #1665
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
It does seem that the original E10EFL was a 2014 RED Range Rover Sport , and in the original DVLA report it showed an emissions figure of 169 KG p KM , which is the figure for a Hybrid model , and the just Diesel model was a lot higher .
The emissions you quote are for the SDV6 HEV model. The car was a TDV6 SE.
Attached Thumbnails
20231231_180946.jpg  
Old 31 Dec 2023, 18:22 (Ref:4190399)   #1666
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
May just be me, but there appears to be an interesting fuel connotation to that 'personal' plate...
Old 31 Dec 2023, 18:25 (Ref:4190400)   #1667
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Why? As far as I can see it's a Vauxhall with an average MOT record.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 31 Dec 2023, 18:44 (Ref:4190404)   #1668
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
May just be me, but there appears to be an interesting fuel connotation to that 'personal' plate...
Or it could be a team in the English Football League. I think more to the point is a possible.interesting story about the car in question. For diesel to burn outside of its engine use (it is classed as flammable not combustible) it needs a very hot and sustained ignition. Go figure.
Old 31 Dec 2023, 18:56 (Ref:4190407)   #1669
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here's an interesting article. It claims the Liverpool fire as well as the Luton fire was caused by an "ordinary" LR. Also that the North Sea boat fire broke out below decks away from the EVs.

https://cleantechnica.com/2023/10/15...-carpark-fire/

But what do I know? I'm just Baffled of Bromham. Hmm, maybe it's time I got my screen name changed.

Old 31 Dec 2023, 18:56 (Ref:4190408)   #1670
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Why? As far as I can see it's a Vauxhall with an average MOT record.

No MOT in 2017 or 2018, yet remained on the road fully legal for the whole period.

(And emissions too clean )
Old 31 Dec 2023, 19:07 (Ref:4190410)   #1671
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
No MOT in 2017 or 2018, yet remained on the road fully legal for the whole period.

(And emissions too clean )
Impossible, with no MOT it can't be taxed thus it would be illegal.
Old 31 Dec 2023, 19:13 (Ref:4190412)   #1672
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Here's an interesting article. It claims the Liverpool fire as well as the Luton fire was caused by an "ordinary" LR. Also that the North Sea boat fire broke out below decks away from the EVs.

https://cleantechnica.com/2023/10/15...-carpark-fire/

But what do I know? I'm just Baffled of Bromham. Hmm, maybe it's time I got my screen name changed.

The article you linked to is from a site which just spews out endless EV propaganda .
https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/cleantechnica.com
Old 31 Dec 2023, 19:19 (Ref:4190413)   #1673
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Funnily enough while reading this thread I considered the words spews out.

Ultimately there is only one thing for it. Ban cars. They are dangerous.

Probably should ban Luton while we are at it.
Old 31 Dec 2023, 19:24 (Ref:4190415)   #1674
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
The article you linked to is from a site which just spews out endless EV propaganda .

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/cleantechnica.com
I know. However I do see the same thing here with anti-EV & anti-global warming propaganda so I thought "if it's good for one side it's good for the other."

Old 31 Dec 2023, 19:28 (Ref:4190417)   #1675
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’m anti global warming. We definitely should do something about it because I am dead against it.