Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 9 Nov 2000, 01:57 (Ref:47485)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!

ok call me slow or whatever but a few months back i managed to get hold of a copy of grand prix 2..now ive never really been into games on my pc that much but this game is just awesome. now my problem is this ..I have downloaded the gpedit thingy and all the seasons cars i want and can use that without a problem which is pretty cool. but i want to play different tracks that were not used in the 94 season such as the new Melbourne track and the like..i have read a few things on how this is done but carnt make heads or tails of it and basically dont have a clue as to what im doing..can anyone help me in plain english as to what I should do to add different tracks to the game ???????
Old 9 Nov 2000, 04:45 (Ref:47511)   #2
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK. Here goes.

Each track in GP2 has a .dat file in your GP2/circuits directory. You can move one of those .dat files to another directory and replace it with one with the same name that is a different track.

For example. Copy a file such as f1ct11.dat(Belgium) to another directory. Download another file for a different track (eg Indy), and rename it f1ct11.dat, and place it in the GP2/circuits directory.

Now when you select the Belgium track in GP2, you will be placed on the Indy circuit. However, all of the names will still read "Belgium".

To change the names, you need a track manager such as "GP2 Track Handler".

NOTE: The above is only for the most basic tracks. Most new tracks also have JAM files that must be placed in a sub-directory in the GP2/gamejams/ directory. "JAM files" are graphics files for signs, fences etc. Follow the instructions that came with the track that you downloaded to do this.

I hope this helps somewhat.
Old 9 Nov 2000, 14:38 (Ref:47584)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
thanks Jay I will give it a go ..fingers crossed
Old 10 Nov 2000, 03:03 (Ref:47736)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
thanks jay, you my friend are a complete legend

the problem i had was locating the circuits directory but after i found that it was easy thanks to your explaination.

cool now i have done my first laps in an F1 car around Mt panorama

Cheers again
Marcus