Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 29 Jun 2002, 14:25 (Ref:324234)   #26
stevie.murray
Rookie

stevie.murray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm confused by your observational points on the porsche cup race.waved white flag indicating medical viechle on circuit.result almost a serious accident when the leaders came over avon rise at full race speed.GOOD!GOD!!people,Do you's let medical personal(in viechles)on the circuit at the same time as racing cars.Well I hope thier live insurance is payed up..

I hope flag signals have'nt changed since my last training day..Waved yellow drivers be prepared to STOP!
White(waved during racing)slow moving viechle in front..always means another race car NEVER medics in viechles..when the situation is assest(under waved yellows) and medical treatment is required.racing is stopped all, race cars must do so before any service or medical viechle can come on circuit..Well that's how we run a meeting,any other way seems almost asking for someone to be killed...I'm afraid my good sence says Only racing cars on the track at any one given time..be safe..
Old 29 Jun 2002, 19:36 (Ref:324313)   #27
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
IMO Castle Combe is probably the worst circuit in the country for letting Emergency vehicles drive on the track during the race. Have seen it several times recently, all around the circuit!
Old 29 Jun 2002, 21:39 (Ref:324352)   #28
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Peoples Democratic Republic of Medway
Peter Scillitoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by stevie.murray
I'm confused by your observational points on the porsche cup race.waved white flag indicating medical viechle on circuit.result almost a serious accident when the leaders came over avon rise at full race speed.GOOD!GOD!!people,Do you's let medical personal(in viechles)on the circuit at the same time as racing cars.Well I hope thier live insurance is payed up..

I hope flag signals have'nt changed since my last training day..Waved yellow drivers be prepared to STOP!
White(waved during racing)slow moving viechle in front..always means another race car NEVER medics in viechles..when the situation is assest(under waved yellows) and medical treatment is required.racing is stopped all, race cars must do so before any service or medical viechle can come on circuit..Well that's how we run a meeting,any other way seems almost asking for someone to be killed...I'm afraid my good sence says Only racing cars on the track at any one given time..be safe..
Sorry, but this is not correct. White flag can be used to signify non racing vehicle on track during race (or practice). By this I mean either an ambulance, rescue vehicle, fire truck, course car, etc. Racing does not have to stop before authorised non-racing safety and rescue vehicles are allowed on track. Commonest misunderstanding by flaggies is that white is also waved when the non racing vehicle comes to a stop at the scene of the incident. This is not necessary as the vehicles/vehicles are not moving at that point in time, and should therefore be covered by a yellow flag at the preceding post.
Old 30 Jun 2002, 19:37 (Ref:324682)   #29
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter has it dead right..

there's no problem with lettign rescue vehicles out on the track at the same time as race cars - but only if the drivers obey the flag signals. there was an instance last year where saloon car drivers were DQ for racing past a rescue vehicle..

So it's really down to the drivers and C of C..
Old 2 Jul 2002, 10:36 (Ref:325748)   #30
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Teletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTeletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stevie, to run like that would certainly lead to a degrading of the safety services available for drivers and Marshals! Depending upon the circuit this could lead to a delay in excess of 2 minutes before the Rescue unit is scrambled, this is an unacceptable delay, especially for a non breathing casualty. As a rule we (BARC Rescue) will scramble onto a live circuit with either a Rescue unit or Medical car. If an ambulance is required we either use the Rescue unit or have the race stopped. The white flag can mean a slow moving or service vehicle is on the track. (or surrender is suppose!!)
Old 2 Jul 2002, 22:52 (Ref:326214)   #31
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whow, reading the whole thread gives me a far better idea of my first missed meeting at Combe this year.
Glad both drivers are recovering.
So the FF drivers are still going for it, at least they have mored round a corner from the beginning of June (Bobbies)
Play safe all, see you in the autumn, I'm going to see the Saleens at Road America this weekend, were we all know there is lots & lots of runoff, usually about 1/2 what Combe has!
Old 12 Jul 2002, 20:23 (Ref:332930)   #32
stevie.murray
Rookie

stevie.murray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just been reading everyone's views,
everyone is correct in some situations.although I still
think it's safer to stop racing while non-race viehchles are on the circuit.unless life or death situations(god forbid),because racing drivers are very unpredictable
creatures.Do all obey the flag signals.I know what I think.
be safe..
Old 13 Jul 2002, 01:39 (Ref:333055)   #33
Flaggie
Racer

Flaggie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately, it's not always possible to stop a race and wait for all cars to be off track before scrambling the medicos. If it is an life and death situation, get the driver stabilised first. Then control the race cars. Those extra minutes could make all the difference.

If it's seriously bad, then they'll stop the race anyway.

What we tend to do here in Australia is if a service vehicle's stopped on track at an incident we'll chuck out a double waved yellow. This tends to get attention a lot quicker than just one single waved yellow does. Also we'll point, gesture and make it well known that "Hey slow down guys" is required. And yes, I know technically it's not a situation requiring double yellow, but sometimes choices have to be made.

And also unfortunately it seems a lot of drivers take no real notice of white flags, anyway. Either that or they forget the second meaning, which is "non-competing vehicle on track"

Last edited by Flaggie; 13 Jul 2002 at 01:40.
Old 15 Apr 2003, 22:23 (Ref:570592)   #34
Davie-c
Racer

Scotland
Armadale,Scotland
Davie-c should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by stevie.murray

I hope flag signals have'nt changed since my last training day..

Stevie when did you do it can't remember seeing you at any MSA Training Days in Scotland in the last 12 years.As usual your making a fool of yourself.Like what you do at your marshal's briefing as no one listens to you.

Last edited by Davie-c; 15 Apr 2003 at 22:32.
Car Scrutineer
BMMC Member