Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 8 May 2003, 17:53 (Ref:593794)   #1
batcave
Rookie

batcave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where is Cor Euser

Cor Euser One of the most talented sportscar drivers I have ever seen. When will he get back to serious racing
Old 8 May 2003, 18:05 (Ref:593811)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
At the moment he's racing in the Dutch Super Car Challenge and Euro GT Series. He won (with Marcos LM600) the 2nd race in last week's 1st round of the Euro GT Series. He did also Sebring some months ago with a Marcos Mantera.

It's a shame he's not allowed to race in Fia GT. If am right the LM600 is allowed to race at LM. Why he doesn't? I don't know. Maybe lack of money.
Old 8 May 2003, 18:10 (Ref:593819)   #3
batcave
Rookie

He was planning to build a car for LM. I would guess lack of funds but i would love to see him race in LMP 900, still recon he would be at the front.
Old 8 May 2003, 19:19 (Ref:593886)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Was he planning to build a LM900? That's new for me.
Old 8 May 2003, 19:31 (Ref:593895)   #5
jet
Racer

Netherlands
Harderwijk (Netherlands)
jet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He did also Sebring some months ago with a Marcos Mantera
I guess you mean the Rolex Daytona 24h with a Marcos Mantis.

In fact he also owns a Marcos LM600, but because of lack of money he wasn't able to race that car in Daytona.
Old 8 May 2003, 19:42 (Ref:593905)   #6
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by jet
I guess you mean the Rolex Daytona 24h with a Marcos Mantis.

In fact he also owns a Marcos LM600, but because of lack of money he wasn't able to race that car in Daytona.
You are totally right! Sorry for these 2 mistakes.

Indeed the reason he (together with Donny Crevels, Rob Knook and Peter v/d Kolk) drove not LM600 was money.
They had a lott of technical problems.
Old 8 May 2003, 19:51 (Ref:593918)   #7
james tucker
Racer

james tucker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cor will be driving with calum and john cowgill at the ring
in the 24hr race and has been invited to Britcar in the Willhire this year at snetton the 28th june
Old 8 May 2003, 20:25 (Ref:593948)   #8
Project LeMans
Rookie

Project LeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At last year EURO-GT round in Spa he presented a ACO version of the LM600 Evo. The "normal" LM600 is to wide for ACO (2,09m). Allowed are only 2,00!
Old 8 May 2003, 21:13 (Ref:593997)   #9
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Project LeMans
At last year EURO-GT round in Spa he presented a ACO version of the LM600 Evo. The "normal" LM600 is to wide for ACO (2,09m). Allowed are only 2,00!
This wasn' the only issue though. The gearbox was relocated, and therefore the drivetrain layout didn't match that of the road car.
Old 9 May 2003, 18:34 (Ref:594812)   #10
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Does anybody know the difference betwwen Euser's LM600 and Buurman's LM600. Or maybe I could better say what was the difference because Buurman's car was destroyed by a fire in the first round of Belcar.
I know Buurman's car was builded by Eurotech. This Dutch company builded also the Marcos Mantis Challenge cars.

I mentioned in my first posting the financial difficulties of Euser' team. Euser's former sponsors/partners have now own racing teams, like Herman Buurman (Belcar) and Wim Noorman (boss of Eurotech, Belcar). So he gets no money from these these people.

Quote:
This wasn' the only issue though. The gearbox was relocated, and therefore the drivetrain layout didn't match that of the road car.
Hadn't the Prodrive Ferrari 550 not the same problem? If yes why was that car allowed to take part?

Last edited by FIRE; 9 May 2003 at 18:41.
Old 10 May 2003, 00:03 (Ref:595010)   #11
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
On a brighter note, he did enter a car in the Spa 24hrs, at least I think it was him. Perhaps he will do the same again this year..
Old 10 May 2003, 07:42 (Ref:595159)   #12
Project LeMans
Rookie

I mean that there are not a lot of differences betwenn the Marcos of Buurman and Euser.
I´m sure that Eurotech is a company of Cor Euser.
Old 10 May 2003, 08:27 (Ref:595179)   #13
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by FIRE

Hadn't the Prodrive Ferrari 550 not the same problem? If yes why was that car allowed to take part?
Possibly because they changed it- they had their problem over the transmission at the cars intended debut (Silverstone FIA GT 2001?), and were unable to race- I think they revised the transmission to comply with the FIA's interpretation of the rules.

Does the 550 run with a different transmission in ACO and FIA races by any chance?
Old 10 May 2003, 14:02 (Ref:595371)   #14
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Project LeMans
I mean that there are not a lot of differences betwenn the Marcos of Buurman and Euser.
I´m sure that Eurotech is a company of Cor Euser.
No, Euser is not the owner of Eurotech. Boss of Eurotech is Wim Noorman.

Probably Buurman's LM600 is a next evolution of Euser's LM600.
Old 10 May 2003, 14:42 (Ref:595395)   #15
Project LeMans
Rookie

Is Euser "only" the owner of the rights of "Marcos Racing International"?
Old 10 May 2003, 15:44 (Ref:595426)   #16
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
The name of his team is indeed Marcos Racing International. Is this just a name or are there official links between Euser and Marcos? I thought that rights on the racing activities of Marcos are owned by Eurotech. Or is it Euser?

Are there still road cars produced?

Last edited by FIRE; 10 May 2003 at 15:46.
Old 11 May 2003, 08:07 (Ref:595908)   #17
batcave
Rookie

Wim and Cor took over the rights to Marcos and the production of racing cars moved to Venlo. Road cars stayed in the UK. I now belive Marcos UK has taken back the rights. Wim must have lost interest coz he and his company Eurotech was the MONEY!
Old 15 May 2003, 11:45 (Ref:599626)   #18
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
According to DSC Euser will take part in Belcar with a brand new LM600.
Old 15 May 2003, 16:55 (Ref:599944)   #19
Zandbak
Racer

Netherlands
Zandbak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, he will enter the 4-hour race in June....jieeehaaaaaaaaa

The LM600 of Buurman was very competive against the Viper at Zolder........Euser is something special, can he do it?
Old 15 May 2003, 17:55 (Ref:600023)   #20
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Let's hope he can. Who do you think will be his partner? Is it Vosse?
According to DSC it's a new car, probably it's the same design as Buurman's car.