Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Aug 2003, 22:15 (Ref:679003)   #51
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why do you choose me when others I can name have posted a car spinning as a best moment?

You might not like it but Jerez 1997 was justice, and every moment, from the contact to Schumacher having another contact with a cameraman just reinforces that. The good won that day, not the one who used his car as a weapon.
Old 3 Aug 2003, 23:01 (Ref:679058)   #52
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jordi
Why do you choose me when others I can name have posted a car spinning as a best moment?

You might not like it but Jerez 1997 was justice, and every moment, from the contact to Schumacher having another contact with a cameraman just reinforces that. The good won that day, not the one who used his car as a weapon.
Jordi, I mentioned the spin. You can name me of you wish I don't mind and I stand by it. I saw that as a great moment because I think it truly was. Yes , it was mistake but the recovery was truly spectacular.

Quote:
Originally posted by NiceGuyEddie
This is about classic GP-moments and you name this particular moment. You don't really care about the racing itself I take it, just when Schumacher looks embarrasing, its good enough to not only remember it, its good enough to name exclusively in a thread about classic GP-moments.

Now, what would you name as a racing moment, because I suppose thats what a GP moment should be about?
Where does it say in the thread title that the a classic GP moment should be on-track? Cut the guy some slack..
Old 3 Aug 2003, 23:24 (Ref:679078)   #53
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Spudgun

Where does it say in the thread title that the a classic GP moment should be on-track?
Nowhere :P
Old 4 Aug 2003, 17:28 (Ref:679789)   #54
pb btcc
Veteran

pb btcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
prost spinning out on the warm up lap during the 91 San Marino GP

93 Monaco: Sennas record breaking 6th win at Monaco after prost lost a lap after stalling his engine in the pits after a 10 second stop go and Schumachers Engine going half way though the race.

Damon Hills First win at Hungary in 93

and there are more but i will type them later
Old 4 Aug 2003, 18:53 (Ref:679850)   #55
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hill's drive at Hungary '97

Hill's win in Spa '98

Kimi's first win (well it is for me)

DC's first win (again, it is for me )

Hakkinen's pass on Schummy, Spa '00

DC winning the British Grand Prix....twice!

Hill winning the championship in '96

and finally, watching my first ever Grand Prix, the British Grand Prix in 1994
Old 4 Aug 2003, 21:39 (Ref:679969)   #56
yorkie
Rookie

yorkie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jonny Herbert winning the 1995 British Grand Prix must go down as one of the classic moments for me. Never has there been such a popular winner af a GP.
Old 4 Aug 2003, 22:21 (Ref:679994)   #57
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Yeah, but didn't a lot of people see Senna as the good guy and Prost as the bad guy in Suzuka 1990? And Senna was the one who used his car as a missile - and it was a lot worse than Schumi in Jerez 97.

And Villeneuve's antic's in Suzuka in 1997, where he tried to block Schumacher as he came out of the pits weren't much better than Jerez either. Like it or not, Villeneuve deserved the title, but he was no saint. No one was/is.
Old 4 Aug 2003, 22:24 (Ref:679996)   #58
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But theres the arguement that Senna was provoked... Schumacher certainly wasnt, not in the same way anyway.

Not saying its alright but there is more of a story than you make it out to be.
Old 4 Aug 2003, 23:00 (Ref:680016)   #59
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
But theres the arguement that Senna was provoked... Schumacher certainly wasnt, not in the same way anyway.

Not in Jerez, but he certainly was in Adelaide 1994! It was wrong, but it wasn't that much different from Suzuka 1990. And at least he chose to race Hill for the win instead of taking him out at the start
Old 4 Aug 2003, 23:55 (Ref:680048)   #60
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
being too young to have seen/remember Mansell and Senna my period started with TGF (unfortunatly)
Classic GP moments have to be Adelaide 94, my hate for TGF started there, it was a terrible moment but classic none the less.
anytime TGF has ever crashed out.
TGF failing to take out JV and loosing the title.
Montoya forcing TGF off track at Brazil '01.
TGF spinning when Montoya passes him '03
British GP '03.

and if i seem bitter its because i am!
Old 5 Aug 2003, 10:50 (Ref:680360)   #61
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Yoong Montoya
Yeah, but didn't a lot of people see Senna as the good guy and Prost as the bad guy in Suzuka 1990? And Senna was the one who used his car as a missile - and it was a lot worse than Schumi in Jerez 97.

And Villeneuve's antic's in Suzuka in 1997, where he tried to block Schumacher as he came out of the pits weren't much better than Jerez either. Like it or not, Villeneuve deserved the title, but he was no saint. No one was/is.

That happened in the past, man!
Quit living in the past!

Just joking!
Old 5 Aug 2003, 11:46 (Ref:680404)   #62
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1987 British GP - Nigel comes from miles behind to win at home
1989 GPs - Finally Minardi were doing well. Silverstone, Jerez qualifying etc... Add to that Phoenix 1990..
Australia 1994 - Classic for all the wrong reasons. Nigel wins final race in close battle with Berger.
Hungary 1997 - Hill deserved it. ROBBED I TELL YOU!!!
Mika's first win at Jerez 1997 - Hey, it may or may not have been handed it to him, but it ended 7 years of frustration. Seeing TGF crash out was icing on top!
Mika's first WDC in Suzuka 1998 - I didn't sleep that night either!
France 1999 - Rain always makes for exciting races. HHF outsmarts them all
Europe 1999 - Fantastic race. Stewart 1-3, Badoer oh so close for Minardi, Gene beats Irvine!
Germany 2000 - Finally Rubens win in a classic
Australia 2002 - Big pile-up but Webber scores for Minardi
Old 5 Aug 2003, 12:31 (Ref:680446)   #63
ChevronB16
Rookie

ChevronB16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
- The near dead heat at Monza in about 1970-ish (a bit before my time!)

- Nigel Mansell headbutting a low bridge while standing up on the back of the winners procession car. Then Murray Walker prodding the bruise in the interview later!

- Olivier Panis winning at Monaco in the Ligier.

- Reubens coming 2nd at Monaco in the Stewart.

- Any of the times Rene Arnoux started blocking while being lapped!
Old 5 Aug 2003, 19:35 (Ref:680748)   #64
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Also the days of the sparks!

Havent seen Estoril 85 mentioned yet, Senna wins his first GP in atrocious conditions, a victory he rated as more impressive than his Donnington destruction in 93 saying, "At donnington I used traction control, in Estoril I used my right foot!"

Oh how I miss drivers like that, with that ability....awesome!

Another classic, Hunts first win in the Hesketh.
Old 5 Aug 2003, 20:02 (Ref:680766)   #65
pb btcc
Veteran

pb btcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a few more classic i feel like adding

99 Nurburgring: Johnny Herbert winning for stewart and a mindari finishing in front of a Ferrari

last 3 laps of the 92 Monaco GP: Mansell trying to get past Senna after a puncture with 7 laps to go then catching the Mclaren with 3 laps to go.

82 Monaco GP: Patrese getting the win after spinning near the end and losing the lead and then getting it back after other cars broke down.

92 British GP: Mansell destorying the field to win was damon hills first start in a Brabham JUDD.
Old 5 Aug 2003, 20:27 (Ref:680789)   #66
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by pb btcc
99 Nurburgring: Johnny Herbert winning for stewart and a mindari finishing in front of a Ferrari
add that to mine too
Old 5 Aug 2003, 23:59 (Ref:680878)   #67
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
YM, how can you say Schumacher was provoked at Adelaide 1994? Hill had never crashed with him yet. Certainly not like the Senna/Prost situations.
And in 1997, the only thing Jacques did was the chop at Suzuka. In Jacques' career, that's the only thing he's done on purpose. Certainly not compared to Schumacher's pages and pages of wrongdoings...

Spudgun, I wasn't thinking about what you posted, so don't worry.
Old 6 Aug 2003, 00:05 (Ref:680880)   #68
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually, Jacques did two things on purpose and both of them at Suzuka...the second one was when he and Hill blocked Schumacher in the 1998 season showdown. But I guess they had their reasons. He didn't have reasons when he was attacking them. Nothing but pure greed.
Old 6 Aug 2003, 00:41 (Ref:680898)   #69
bacon sandwich
Racer

United Kingdom
basildon essex
bacon sandwich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"...............and Damon Hill wins the Japanese Grand Prix..and I've got to stop because I've got a lump in my throat"

Old 6 Aug 2003, 21:13 (Ref:681601)   #70
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Quote:
YM, how can you say Schumacher was provoked at Adelaide 1994? Hill had never crashed with him yet. Certainly not like the Senna/Prost situations.

I meant that he was provoked because he felt that the FIA had been ****ing with him by giving him those bans and DQs. That was the only reason that Hill was in the title hunt. And facing the prospect of losing the title solely due to the FIA's interferance...OK, he overreacted after that mistake, but so did Senna, and Senna had far more time to think about it. Schumi had, what, 3 seconds? Politics from the FIA were involved in both cases.
Old 6 Aug 2003, 21:28 (Ref:681613)   #71
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by bacon sandwich
"...............and Damon Hill wins the Japanese Grand Prix..and I've got to stop because I've got a lump in my throat"
A great moment.

James would plan his comment for weeks before hand and then shout "yyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Michael I love you!"

Last edited by Adam43; 6 Aug 2003 at 21:28.