Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Closed Thread

Old 17 Jul 2003, 19:05 (Ref:664232)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
IMPORTANT: The Gravel Trap To Close

The Gravel Trap To Close

Due to a number of reasons – which I don’t think we need to go into again right now – I have taken the decision to close the Gravel Trap forum with immediate effect. This will likely come as a bit of a surprise but don’t be alarmed – I am working behind the scenes to put in place a suitable replacement. This will hopefully come online in the next two to three weeks.

Why have I taken this decision?

The answer is simple – to allow everyone to step back from the current situation and re-evaluate what they want the forum to stand for. Given a short break I feel we’ll ALL be far better equipped to make the best decisions.

I could, of course, have left the Gravel Trap open whilst I make a decision I believe that this is the best course of action for the reason stated above.

Where will I post until an alternative is in place?

It is important here to remember that this is a motorsport discussion board and, as such, we will be continuing to offer exactly the same service as always. I am merely closing our ‘off topic’ forum for a short period whilst we undergo some revisions.

Therefore please continue to post in the ‘real’ forums where the normal rules will apply – any off topic, libellous, insulting or offensive posts will be removed. If you wish to discuss a topic that is not covered by any of our forums then either wait a few weeks for the replacement or do a search of Google for ‘general discussion forums’ – there are many out there!

What form will the new forum take and when will it be open?

The new forum – name to be decided as part of the ‘overhaul’ – will NOT be a simple rehash of the old Gravel Trap with a fresh lick of paint. It will be a brand new forum that has been created with a fresh sheet of paper with the intention of it being more fun and more inclusive than the current incarnation.

I do not like this decision!

Please do not take this decision out on any of my staff, as it is me, and me alone, who has taken this decision. There is a contact point listed below – please use that to express your opinions and do not flood the forum with complaints, as these will be removed and you will not force me to change my decision anyway!

I have some thoughts for the future, where should I send them?

Your opinion DOES matter a great deal to me and I am more than happy to listen your constructive suggestions for the format of the new forum. Please email me at graveltrap@ten-tenths.com if you wish to have your voice heard. All comments and suggestions WILL be read but, as I’m sure there’ll be many, a personal response is not guaranteed.
Old 8 Aug 2003, 22:38 (Ref:683329)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I am delighted to announce that the replacement is now in place. Visit http://www.parcferme.com/ for full details!

Enjoy.
Closed Thread