Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Mar 2001, 13:26 (Ref:68439)   #26
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sure he is, Kimi shutted everybody´s mouth, he showed a lot of skills, not only in qualifying, where he did a great job, but also in the race. I think his superlicence was well granted, now there is no doubt. Congratulations Kimi.
Old 5 Mar 2001, 17:24 (Ref:68478)   #27
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
His performance was realy surprising for me. Great, something (or somebody) in F1 still can surprise.

I've even checked the topic in order to be sure I hadn't promised to eat something wrong for the Lent.
Old 7 Mar 2001, 18:11 (Ref:69182)   #28
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm with you Wrex

I agree with what Wrex said earlier. It is true that Kimi does deserve credit for his fine showing at Melbourne. But I don't care for the precedent it sets for F1, as being some sort of trivial racing series that anyone, with a bit of success, can enter. These guys are supposed to be the best of the best performing at the top level of motor racing. If Kimi was good enough he would have still made it, but after some more experience. I feel sorry for the other drivers that worked so hard to get their spot in F1 and now also have to worry about 20 year old rookies with little experience racing along side them at 200 mph! Boy would I be mad, and concerned for my own safety, if I was an F1 driver.

I think F1 should impose a mandatory number of races that must be completed at a high level racing series (such as Indy, F3000,etc.) before a driver can be considered for entry into F1. I also think that the number of races should be a hell of a lot more than 23!! But Kimi did do well and I hope he continues to do so. But please, no more children in the paddock!!