Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 7 Mar 2001, 07:55 (Ref:69116)   #1
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How do I post picture? Whenever I try, the place of the picture is taken by a white box with a red cross in it.

Is it just because I am stupid?
Old 7 Mar 2001, 14:02 (Ref:69159)   #2
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You can either point in the right direction to show a picture that's already on the web by using the img] [/img tags enclosed with square brackets - click on the image box below where you're filling in your post and you get a box to enter the url in, use the full url and remember to end it the image file type rather than a html page eg

[img] http://www.btinternet.com/~wkac/pres...2022001_02.jpg [/img]
will show this picture

Alternatively, using the new forums you can attach a picture from your own computer by using the attach file box below where you post, but remember there's a limit set on the file size if you're doing that.
Old 8 Mar 2001, 07:51 (Ref:69335)   #3
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cheers Carrie!

Last edited by Hobson; 8 Mar 2001 at 08:00.
Old 10 Mar 2001, 13:23 (Ref:69844)   #4
redback
Racer

redback should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All,

I don't have a web site so up until now I haven't posted any images. I have a question about how to use the new "attach file" box. Do I just write my message then use browse to find the image on my computer and then submit the reply? I tried this but when the image didn't appear in the "preview reply" I didn't submit it. Any chance of an "images for idiots" section in FAQ, I see lots of people are having trouble with this. I promise I won't send in heaps of pics just the odd one.
Old 10 Mar 2001, 18:50 (Ref:69898)   #5
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have to confess to having no idea what the "browse" button does, but I pressed it and it liked the picture. Until someone tells me otherwise, I'll keep on pressing it when I'm posting the pix.

Which reminds me - I used my first experiments with posting to start a trivia question in the "Historic Racing" forum, so why not give that a try?

I might make that a regular feature actually. It's too tempting to have that little attachment feature there when I'm trying to describe some esoteric racing car that no-one's ever heard of!

A duffer's guide to attachments in the FAQ would be a good idea though. Speaking as a duffer, you understand.
Old 11 Mar 2001, 01:45 (Ref:69969)   #6
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
By clicking the browse button, you can then search on your own computer and select the image. When you submit, it should upload the image and display it on your post. It does not however, seem to show a preview but you have 10 minutes to edit your post after you have submitted it if this doesn't work.

Craig? Do you want to back this up?
Old 11 Mar 2001, 13:12 (Ref:70066)   #7
redback
Racer

redback should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I gave it a shot and it worked Thanks guys for the advice and thanks for your patience with my dumb questions. The best thing about this forum is that the people here are always friendly and helpful.
Old 11 Mar 2001, 20:17 (Ref:70179)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Glad you got it sussed now