Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 29 Dec 2003, 04:51 (Ref:822281)   #51
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe Dario's time is running out... and now with his decision at least he isn't in the best postion to keep his name in one the top series... and that's not the first time he smashed some doors ... remember back, he was one of the future stars of the (old) DTM/ITC with big backing and support from Mercedes and with some decisions Dario made in this time – and later in CART – Norbert Haug was not amused with...
Old 29 Dec 2003, 04:58 (Ref:822283)   #52
BobbyB
Racer

United States
Santa Barbara, CA, USA
BobbyB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dov
BobbyB, you need not be so serious! I can't speak for Mags, but I'm only having some fun and yes, Indycool has a right to his opinion. That said, how many of us from the CART forum go over to the IRL forum to constantly bug them about the negative things that affect their series?
I wouldn't call it being serious, I only wanted to point out that you don't have to hate someone just because they make different decisions than you do.

[/i]
P.S. I do agree with Mags 100% on one thing....I sure do hate them Crapwagons and TG!!! [/QUOTE]

Dov, I'm happy to say that I don't hold the same angst as you seem to. I don't follow the IRL, but I have no reason to hate its owner or the cars (I will agree that they are not very attractive). By the way, I thought we were beyond the point of using derrogatory terms on this forum such as your term ++++wagon.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 05:04 (Ref:822287)   #53
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE][B]Bobby"That said, how many of us from the CART forum go over to the IRL forum to constantly bug them about the negative things that affect their series?"

I never have!!

"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 29 Dec 2003, 05:10 (Ref:822292)   #54
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BobbyB
I thought we were beyond the point of using derrogatory terms on this forum such as your term ++++wagon.
Quote:
Originally posted by BobbyB
C'mon, whatever happened to freedom of choice?
I think you just answered your own question. Btw, BobbyB, you seem to spend a lot of time sticking up for the rights of ex-CART drivers, the IRL and TG....Why don't you spend some of you're time doing the same for CART and it's LOYAL FANS! :confused:
Old 29 Dec 2003, 05:11 (Ref:822293)   #55
Mags
Veteran

I didn't use that term.. PT did!!
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 29 Dec 2003, 05:14 (Ref:822296)   #56
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dov, you and I have had issues here and debated them responsibly. If you "gig" me every once in awhile, that's okay because the rest of the discussions are meaningful.

But Mags, I don't quite understand you. "I conduct my interviews with 100 percent professionalism." With the flames shooting out of this thread from your posts, I hope that doesn't mean professionalism as an independent journalist. That just doesn't fit the program you're pitching.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 05:27 (Ref:822299)   #57
BobbyB
Racer

United States
Santa Barbara, CA, USA
BobbyB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dov
I think you just answered your own question. Btw, BobbyB, you seem to spend a lot of time sticking up for the rights of ex-CART drivers, the IRL and TG....Why don't you spend some of you're time doing the same for CART and it's LOYAL FANS! :confused:
No, I didn't answer my own question. I was under the impression that the rules of this forum forbid slanderous, libelous, and deroggatory terms meant to be a put-down of a person or an association. After these forum rules are followed, then we can discuss freedom of choice and freedom of speech in the postings.

You've got me wrong, Dov, I don't stick up for the IRL and TG. Here you go making it an all or nothing issue, which it isn't for me. I'm a CART fan, thats why I post here. I don't have time to troll that "other forum" that doesn't interest me to begin with.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 05:27 (Ref:822301)   #58
Mags
Veteran

"But Mags, I don't quite understand you. "I conduct my interviews with 100 percent professionalism." With the flames shooting out of this thread from your posts, I hope that doesn't mean professionalism as an independent journalist. That just doesn't fit the program you're pitching."

Have you read anything I have done yet? And I am not interviewing here; just posting my opinins.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 05:30 (Ref:822304)   #59
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
What happened here?
This is ridiculous. This thread has turned into a schoolyard bashing match. People are taking some real cheap potshots here.

I'm closing this thread. Too bad I didn't get home from work earlier, things never would have progressed to this disgraceful state.