Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, that'd hot things up a bit.
Old 1 Jul 2000, 12:45 (Ref:20730)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And Franchitti is as much a Brit as Irvine is - and I suspect he's a better pilote. What about a swap that sends Johnny to Team Kook Green?
Old 1 Jul 2000, 12:49 (Ref:20731)   #3
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I proposed such a swap in a thread last week.

Franchitti for Herbert. Everyone would benefit, both teams, both drivers, CART and F1. There would be a considerable crossover of fans that would boost both series.

I guess it make too much sense for it to really happen.
Old 1 Jul 2000, 13:34 (Ref:20737)   #4
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It works for me: I still think Johnny would prosper in CART.

It also always seemed certain to me that Dario would return to the Stewart fold (and would make the future Mrs. Franchitti the #1 pit babe.)
Old 3 Jul 2000, 06:41 (Ref:21057)   #5
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
True, Dario definitely has the perfect F1 girlfriend.

Old 3 Jul 2000, 19:21 (Ref:21193)   #6
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mhhhh....I heard on RPM2night (a Tv show at ESPN2) that Barry Green (Dario's current boss) gave Dario a very interesting offer for next year and it seems that Dario isn't sure about Jaguar's performance so he could be staying at CART. I would love to see him in F1 but not in a team with poor performance....but maybe if jaguar picks up in the second part of the season dario could consider the move.

It would be great to see the Montoya-Franchitti duel move to F1. They both are great drivers with very different styles. The first is very agressive, bold and always follows his insinct. The second is very conservative, technical and always uses his head first. I guess that it's more or less like the Prost-Senna duel (NOTE: I'm not saying that either driver could be the next Prost or Senna. They would just have a similar duel). It would be kind of funny because they've been rivals since Montoya ran some ITC races back in 96 (I think)...then CART and now F1. It would be great and since they're such good friends they wont complain about it.

Tags
jpm