Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 10 Oct 2003, 13:35 (Ref:746308)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Making of "Le Mans"

The Making of Le Mans - does anyone know if this is available in the UK, or if I can obtain a US copy I'll be able tp play it on my UK VCR?

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...&frm=sh_google
Old 11 Oct 2003, 22:36 (Ref:747647)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No-one knows then?
Old 12 Oct 2003, 07:56 (Ref:747887)   #3
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems not. How old is your VCR though? Most newish ones will support NTSC playback (even my £40, mono only one from Sainsburys does!)
Old 12 Oct 2003, 08:27 (Ref:747928)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I guess it's getting on a bit 4-5 years?
Old 12 Oct 2003, 08:37 (Ref:747944)   #5
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably not then.
Old 17 Oct 2003, 15:16 (Ref:754444)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think it's probably about time I invested in a new VCR anyway. There so darned cheap these days......
Old 21 Oct 2003, 16:00 (Ref:758445)   #7
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Speed TV showed this last year, it somehow ended up on my computer in mpeg format. It included Chad McQueen doing intros back into the program from the commercial breaks.

Ayse, did Fab send you a copy of that Video CD I did of the Le Mans Classic from last year?

Last edited by paul-collins; 21 Oct 2003 at 16:01.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 22 Oct 2003, 07:21 (Ref:759089)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Fab did send me a VCD a while back, but, to be honest, I didn't have the chance to have a really good look at it. How big is that mpeg, Paul?
Old 22 Oct 2003, 11:12 (Ref:759307)   #9
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another DVD worth a look would be speed merchants by M Keyser ( the same guy who wrote A French kiss with death)
the details can be found on www.racingpilot.com just look in the dvd section.
Old 22 Oct 2003, 12:36 (Ref:759441)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That looks excellent. I may just have to invest in that one - thanks pal.....
Old 22 Oct 2003, 17:24 (Ref:759774)   #11
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh, the mpeg(s) would be a total of something like 40ish megs.

Of course, they happen to fit together sort of like the LM Classic mpegs did. Even with a Video CD menu. How on earth did that happen?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 22 Oct 2003, 19:08 (Ref:759894)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've found the disk box, and there is mention of your movies, but the disk aint in it! What the heck did I do with it??!!
Old 22 Oct 2003, 19:10 (Ref:759899)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Found it. Yes, I did watch them - great stuff indeed!
Old 24 Oct 2003, 15:25 (Ref:762003)   #14
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
Ayse, did Fab send you a copy of that Video CD I did of the Le Mans Classic from last year?
I did !
Old 24 Oct 2003, 15:29 (Ref:762006)   #15
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
No-one knows then?
I assume there's a message here !

Well, what did I do with your postal adress ? :confused:
Old 11 Nov 2003, 05:37 (Ref:779491)   #16
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I got "Le Mans" on DVD today from www.pitstop.com.au and now i can't wait to get home and watch it.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 12:54 (Ref:823541)   #17
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If the making of Le Mans is available, then why is it not included in my Le Mans DVD? There were no extras at all, though the movie was top stuff.

Does anybody know how it was made, i thought they interspersed some dialogue and some stunts with real race footage, but I've also heard that they hired the track, on a different weekend and basically re-enacted the whole race.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 15:01 (Ref:823623)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's a real shame isn't it David that this kind of extremely sought-after footage wasn't included on the DVD. I haven't bought it yet (I still have it on VHS, but I guess I'll get it when it hits the baragain bins), but I'd have had it like a shot with the "Making of" stuff......
Old 30 Dec 2003, 19:25 (Ref:823783)   #19
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes they did

Quote:
Originally posted by DAVID PATERSON
If the making of Le Mans is available, then why is it not included in my Le Mans DVD? There were no extras at all, though the movie was top stuff.

Does anybody know how it was made, i thought they interspersed some dialogue and some stunts with real race footage, but I've also heard that they hired the track, on a different weekend and basically re-enacted the whole race.
I can't speak to the DVD question but all of the items in your second paragraph are correct. The hiring of the track was necessary for the the staging of the accidents and the scenes in the pits. Real time footage of the start as well as in car race scenes were achieved with a "camera" car that actually finished in eighth place for the 24hrs. More interesting is the fact that the "camera" car could only run about eight or ten laps before the film magazines needed to be exchanged. For the full story, get M.Kaiser/J.Williams' "A French Kiss With Death", ISBN 0-8376-0234-3 (also bears ISBN 083702343-2 for some strange reason), Robert Bentley Publishers, US $59.95.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 22:08 (Ref:823934)   #20
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stebve McQueen Story - TV Doco

Quote:
Originally posted by DAVID PATERSON

Hey Dave, there was a good doco on Steve's life made about ten years ago which included some detail on the making of his "baby". McQueen sort of refused to listen to all those advising him that Le Mans would end up to be "Lemons" and the costs nearly broke him. There are some great shots of camera cars and Steve's big shunt (well, Steve's crash dummy having his big off).

I might be able to arrange a viewing thru Uncle Mike in 2004 (remind me if you hear no more ) Happy New Year!! )