Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Is Eddie Irvine ever coming back to F1?
Yes I hope so 12 14.29%
No way, nobody wants him 36 42.86%
He's too busy spending his ££ and chasing supermodels 36 42.86%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 May 2004, 00:01 (Ref:968242)   #26
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Boy - F1 must be way more boring than I thought it was if I am reading (let alone actively participating) in a poll about the always-interesting Mr. Irvine!

Personally he would have to be goofy to come back as I would think being an active driver would cut into his bird-handling activities!

Am I jealous? Ha! Leading a life of comfort surounded by beautiful cars, beautiful women and beautiful Pounds Sterling - what sort of vacuous person do you take me for??

I find such a life a tragic waste. However, I am not sure exactly what the depth of my disgust with such a lifestyle is. I therefore resolve to find a sponsor so I can live in that manner for 5 or ten years - just to be sure I really don't like it. I promise to let you all know how excruciatingly inane I find things to be...
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 12 May 2004, 04:47 (Ref:968322)   #27
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont miss Irvine but i do miss Villeneuve, and of course Mika Hakkinen.
Old 12 May 2004, 04:55 (Ref:968323)   #28
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnSSC
Boy - F1 must be way more boring than I thought it was if I am reading (let alone actively participating) in a poll about the always-interesting Mr. Irvine!

Personally he would have to be goofy to come back as I would think being an active driver would cut into his bird-handling activities!

Am I jealous? Ha! Leading a life of comfort surounded by beautiful cars, beautiful women and beautiful Pounds Sterling - what sort of vacuous person do you take me for??

I find such a life a tragic waste. However, I am not sure exactly what the depth of my disgust with such a lifestyle is. I therefore resolve to find a sponsor so I can live in that manner for 5 or ten years - just to be sure I really don't like it. I promise to let you all know how excruciatingly inane I find things to be...

hehehe. well, is it not still good to live life in comfort? having what you want, and things just being generally as you want them?
The bench mark never changes, no matter what car you have, what house, or your partner, you always want somethin better!
Old 12 May 2004, 05:16 (Ref:968327)   #29
RRR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, VIC
RRR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why noy get Eddie back in the saddle? There are much worse things happening in the sport at the moment – like how bloody boring it all is ...
Old 12 May 2004, 07:25 (Ref:968372)   #30
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But he's useless!
Old 12 May 2004, 10:53 (Ref:968537)   #31
TheMan
Racer

TheMan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Alain Prost and Nigel Mansell have more chance of making a comeback as the washed up talentless Irvine. One thing is for sure if he did manage a return is it would be a laugh. Maybe it would give me a reason to switch on a GP again. HaHaHa
Old 12 May 2004, 14:05 (Ref:968763)   #32
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by TheMan
Alain Prost and Nigel Mansell have more chance of making a comeback as the washed up talentless Irvine. One thing is for sure if he did manage a return is it would be a laugh. Maybe it would give me a reason to switch on a GP again. HaHaHa
Washed up talentless irvine......is this not the guy that finished second in the championship in 99. F1 needs guys like eddie even more so now cause as it is so bloody boring. Just think if he had of won that championship in 99 i think he would have made a brilliant champion just think of that party and who would be at it. I read an interview with eddie in last saturdays sun newspaper and for me it was the most intertaining and interesting thing to have happened so far in this years f1 season and he is not even racing
Old 12 May 2004, 18:57 (Ref:969032)   #33
graves
Racer

England
Sheffield UK
graves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by TheMan
Put your brain in gear before you open your gob!!
Old 12 May 2004, 19:43 (Ref:969076)   #34
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Talentless Irvine? Get a life mate!

IMO, Irvine did a better job for Ferrari than Rubens has. It's a pity he couldn't stick around for F2002 or F2004, because there would be wins for certain. He came on in leaps and bounds in 1999 and it was a shame Jaguar turned out to be such a farce.

And the way Jean Todt acted towards him at times was disgusting frankly. Whenever he won, he would struggle to congratulate him. And he refused to join him on podiums as well. What a jerk that man can be at times!

Irvine was massively under-rated (although he actually over-rated himself a bit!!! )
Old 13 May 2004, 13:30 (Ref:969828)   #35
Mouser
Rookie

United States
Pomeroy,Ohio,USA
Mouser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I missed Eddie's 4 wins,as I didn't become a fan of F1
until halfway through the 2000 season. But it was Eddie
Irvine who attracted me to the sport,at least in part.
I was thrilled to see him take a revamped Jag and put
it on the podium at Monaco.Unfortunately,Jaguar couldn't
keep improving the cars,and Eddie had to drive junk.
He is a much better driver than what his results show.
Maybe Speed Channel could hire him as a pit commentator.
He would be the perfect foil for David Hobbs.
Old 13 May 2004, 13:34 (Ref:969840)   #36
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Eddie Irvine certainly isn't (and wasn't) talentless. But I'm afraid he's just as retired as Stirling Moss. In fact I would imagine Sir Stirling gets a fair bit more track time than Eddie does these days, all be it in cars of his own era... (except tha odd McLaren F1 road car )
Old 14 May 2004, 19:11 (Ref:971183)   #37
graves
Racer

England
Sheffield UK
graves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
Talentless Irvine? Get a life mate!

IMO, Irvine did a better job for Ferrari than Rubens has. It's a pity he couldn't stick around for F2002 or F2004, because there would be wins for certain. He came on in leaps and bounds in 1999 and it was a shame Jaguar turned out to be such a farce.

And the way Jean Todt acted towards him at times was disgusting frankly. Whenever he won, he would struggle to congratulate him. And he refused to join him on podiums as well. What a jerk that man can be at times!

Irvine was massively under-rated (although he actually over-rated himself a bit!!! )
Couldn't agree more!!!!!
Old 14 May 2004, 20:29 (Ref:971260)   #38
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's never coming back, but boy would it be good if did.

Give him the No2 Ferrari again, he was in his prime.

No Pedro never got any points for Jaguar....Irvine was the man.

Get him back !!!

ahhh just idle wishes.
Old 15 May 2004, 21:51 (Ref:971955)   #39
Meroo
Racer

Australia
South Coast NSW
Meroo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In a word, no. Would be a great colour commentator though.
Old 16 May 2004, 04:11 (Ref:972064)   #40
fiona
Racer

Scotland
west lothian
fiona should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as much as i was a eddie fan i realise that his tie as a f1 driver has passed
BUT
i would love to see him as a commentator along with Brundle (and getting rid of james allen)
Old 16 May 2004, 11:20 (Ref:972344)   #41
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Would his particular 'colour' be an addition to commentary?

Besides, I bet Eddie has far better things to do with his time!
Old 19 May 2004, 14:43 (Ref:975520)   #42
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by graves
Put your brain in gear before you open your gob!!
Are you talking about Eddie himself or TheMan?!

Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
I'm not a Rubens fan, but this is pushing it. Rubens has been much, much closer to Schuey than Eddie was, even taking into account the fact that the recent Ferraris have been better. In fact, I'm sure I remember reading that Schuey said he was happier to let Rubens do more of the testing than he was with Eddie because Rubens was a better test-driver. You could obviously interprete that in a number of ways, but it suggests to me that it might not have been a total coincidence that the Ferraris have been even better since Eddie left.

I think Eddie is over-rated; 4 wins flatters him, especially when I think of some of those who never won a GP.

Oh, and no, I don't think Eddie will make a comeback!