Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 May 2004, 07:07 (Ref:970570)   #1
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Klien vs Pizzonia

Looking at the first 5 races of the year the relative performance of Kilen against Pizzonia's first 5 of 2003 seems marginally better, mainly due to reliability, but it looks sufficiently close (especially over the last two races) that based upon Jags record Klien needs to be looking over his shoulder to see who they've got lined up for the drive post British GP

Last edited by PaulSands; 14 May 2004 at 07:07.
Old 14 May 2004, 09:08 (Ref:970675)   #2
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One pro-Klien element is that exectations on him were way lower than with Pizza.
The brazilian was expected to fight with Webber, whereas Klien was supposed to be not much more than a makeweight pay driver.

Therefore he's not figuring out that bad IMO.
Old 14 May 2004, 09:10 (Ref:970678)   #3
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wasn't suggesting he was doing badly just being a bit tongue in cheek about Jag's past. Besides Mr Klien has brought all that Red Bull money with him so he's not likely to suffer the same fate
Old 14 May 2004, 09:18 (Ref:970688)   #4
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pizzonia out-qualified Webber at his last race at Silverstone and from what I remember he was better in the race too(?) Seemed strange to sack him after that.
Old 14 May 2004, 10:22 (Ref:970730)   #5
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidStHubbins
Pizzonia out-qualified Webber at his last race at Silverstone and from what I remember he was better in the race too(?) Seemed strange to sack him after that.
Not when the decision is already made. Last year there were big rumours during the Spanish GP-weekend over Pizzonia being replaced (by Alex Wurz). At first Jaguar didn´t comment, but when Pizzonia complained that he didn´t feel supported by the team in rejecting these rumours, Jaguar rejected them afterall and publicly apollogized to Pizzonia for not standing by him in the first place. Jaguar stated that Pizzonia did a good job and would be running with them for at least the rest of the season. Well.....
Old 14 May 2004, 11:06 (Ref:970758)   #6
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Klein is showing some promise but Pizzonia was just starting to hit his straps in the Jag whene he got the flick . Just makes you wonder what sort of influence Webber and/or his management Team wield at Jaguar?
Old 14 May 2004, 11:08 (Ref:970762)   #7
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That Jag is just a S**tbox on 4 wheels. At least Klein as finished 4 of the 5 races compared the the 2 of 5 from Antonio. I just find it amazing how jinxed that 2nd car was last year. 6 of 11 races w/ mechanical failures for Antonio, then 3 engines of the next 5 races go for Justin? But like you said because of Red Bull, Klein will be there.
Old 14 May 2004, 11:34 (Ref:970780)   #8
f1matrix
Rookie

f1matrix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some data.
Qualify WEB vs PIZ -4.073 sec in 4 GP WEB vs KLI -3.769 sec in 3 GP.
Fastest lap in GP WEB vs PIZ 79-21 WEB vs KLI 109-46.
Sorry my bad english.
Old 14 May 2004, 13:36 (Ref:970926)   #9
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If they've got any sense, they won't axe Klien, he's doing a good job considering his lack of experience, and could prove useful as time goes on, especially if (as looks likely) Webber moves on for 2005. That said, there's little evidence of Jaguar having any sense, so he could be in danger.
Old 14 May 2004, 15:48 (Ref:971044)   #10
mp356a
Veteran

United States
SE PA USA
mp356a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
If they've got any sense, they won't axe Klien, he's doing a good job considering his lack of experience, and could prove useful as time goes on, especially if (as looks likely) Webber moves on for 2005. That said, there's little evidence of Jaguar having any sense, so he could be in danger.
Time for Sir J. Stewart to step up again....................
Old 14 May 2004, 18:27 (Ref:971140)   #11
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Klien vs Pizzonia

Quote:
Originally posted by PaulSands
Klien needs to be looking over his shoulder to see who they've got lined up for the drive post British GP
Depends how desperatly Jaguar want to keep hold of Red Bulls sponsership money
Old 14 May 2004, 18:59 (Ref:971168)   #12
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pizzonia is in Williams top 8, although I admit he is already at Williams and brings no bossing from Red Bull. Not says Red Bull bossy or anything though I rather like them but no thte drink!:-)
Old 15 May 2004, 19:34 (Ref:971866)   #13
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that Pizzonia was faster of these 2, but Klien more consistent. No bad mistakes so far in this season. Pizzonia crashed couple of times.
Old 16 May 2004, 07:17 (Ref:972102)   #14
oziengineer
Racer

oziengineer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Klien is doing very well for a rookie, he showed some good moves at bahrain, pizzonia didn't show anything at all.
Old 16 May 2004, 07:18 (Ref:972103)   #15
oziengineer
Racer

oziengineer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Klien is doing very well for a rookie, he showed some good moves at bahrain, pizzonia didn't show anything at all.
Old 16 May 2004, 18:50 (Ref:972714)   #16
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It all comes down to expectation, as climb says.

A lot was expected of Pizzonia. Young Brazilian, Formula Renault champion, Formula 3 champion, quick in testing with Williams...

Klien on the other hand got the ride largely thanks to Red-Bull's request, in exchange for a 10 million dollar sponsorship deal. Although Pizzonia looked a little bit more pacey than Klien, the fact that expectation has been so low for CK, for him to simply keep his nose clean is enough for the thumbs up.
Old 16 May 2004, 19:06 (Ref:972726)   #17
Tracey
Racer

England
In front of a PC
Tracey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All I would say is that if I was offered the job of second driver at jaguar it would not be a dream come true - more like the beginning of a nightmare! Having observed the way Pizzonia was treated (which, if I recall rightly, was frowned on by the rest of the pitlane) I wouldn't go there to work as tea lady (not that the kettle'd work) yet alone driver!
Old 17 May 2004, 10:37 (Ref:973155)   #18
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SkyRedButton
All I would say is that if I was offered the job of second driver at jaguar it would not be a dream come true - more like the beginning of a nightmare! Having observed the way Pizzonia was treated (which, if I recall rightly, was frowned on by the rest of the pitlane) I wouldn't go there to work as tea lady (not that the kettle'd work) yet alone driver!
Too true.

I had low expectations of Klien, and was a touch bitter that a moneyed guy had cost Justin Wilson the drive he'd worked so hard to get, but I will admit that he's done an acceptable job, and even before you consdier the money, they could've done a lot worse.
Old 17 May 2004, 14:31 (Ref:973382)   #19
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think klien is doing Much better Antonio was. N.I.S.A.M.
Old 18 May 2004, 13:14 (Ref:974348)   #20
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both are drivers with considerable potential on paper, and nothign Pizzonia did at Jaguar last year made me change my mind on that point. Klien's lack of experience hasn't held him back too much, and given a second season I think he'd develop a lot. The real problem is at Jaguar - they've never managed to run 2 cars at equal performance levels, irrespective of the drivers.
Old 19 May 2004, 16:57 (Ref:975647)   #21
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pizzonias problem was that jaguar expected to find another brilliant driver like MW.Jag had nothing at all to lose by replacing him-hey maybe wilson might be the one thay wanted!That didn't turn out to be the case either and NOW it looks abit like jaguar have given up the idea of finding another superfast guy and have become more pragmatic-just pick a fast guy that has sponsorship and stop trying to take such shortcuts seems to be the idea now.
I must say that klien has caught my eye once this year where pizzonia never did.That drive at baraihn was great to watch!
Old 19 May 2004, 17:15 (Ref:975664)   #22
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just don't forget that Jaguar is only capable to have one good car...