Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 May 2004, 17:34 (Ref:980217)   #76
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by 429CJ
Funniest thing here was the arrogant rant of Brawny the Clown, as usual on these kind of situations.
I didn't think he reacted so badly. At least he didn't go into a rant about Juan "not being classy" or some such blind remark!
Old 23 May 2004, 17:49 (Ref:980232)   #77
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Well, the suggestions of Michael having susepnsion/tyre probs makes things unclear.

However, on the basis of how it seemed during the race:

A 50-50 thing.

JPM should have left more margin, been more aware (his apology to Michael seems to indicate he agrees).

HOWEVER: Michael doing what seemed like such a severe accelerate-brake cycle in the middle of the tunnel like that was not sensible. It was just asking for trouble.

I don't think any punishment should come of it: the drivers and teams should sort it out amoung themselves.
Old 23 May 2004, 17:50 (Ref:980233)   #78
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was funny watching the cameras follow MS into the garage. Then WHAM!....I assume MS threw his helmet against the wall and the cameramen were paraded out. Michael only needs to be angry with himself. What the hell was he thinking of by braking like that in a dark tunnel?? Watching him drive back to the pits with 3 wheels reminded me of Spa 98. I'm lovin it.
Old 23 May 2004, 18:06 (Ref:980240)   #79
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
*Dutton wishes he could alter the typos in his post there, but the stupid 10 minute rule means he cannot*
Old 23 May 2004, 18:06 (Ref:980241)   #80
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well the stewards decision is that it was a reacing incident, and given taht they have access to all the telemtery, drivers marshals reports I think they are in a better position to judge than we.
Old 23 May 2004, 18:32 (Ref:980261)   #81
ranger
Rookie

ranger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by The Monster
Yes but unlike on the road, the lead driver has a duty not to bring undue risk to the cars behind by erratic or unpredictable braking, Micheal has done this many times and its about time he got caught out.
I actually cheered when he went into the wall
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree. Perhaps some of his moves are legal according to the stewards, but it is about time his moves (and somebody) take him out when it does not work to his benefit. Intimidation is a tool he uses, and he uses it well. That is why I like to see it backfire, even though this was probably just a screw up, and does not fit....
Old 23 May 2004, 18:41 (Ref:980269)   #82
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
No way was it Montoya's fault.

Schumacher didn't intend to cause an accident (for once), he just made a stupid mistake. Shame he's not man enough to admit it. Still, nice to see justice done!

Last edited by strider; 23 May 2004 at 18:42.
Old 23 May 2004, 19:35 (Ref:980299)   #83
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was one of those things. I thought MS had a problem because his brake locked. Maybe it was just over enthusiasm. Anyway JPM was not in the wrong and I guess his apology was more of a "sorry you lost out" thing rather than "sorry I punted you off into the wall and totally screwed your chances of third place, if at all" *ahem*
Old 23 May 2004, 19:42 (Ref:980305)   #84
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Great to hear Patrick Head's comments, he's always worth listening to, and more often than not talks sense.
Old 23 May 2004, 19:44 (Ref:980307)   #85
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If Montoya was in the wrong in the incident Patrick would have let us all know that's for sure!
Old 23 May 2004, 19:56 (Ref:980324)   #86
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by 429CJ
Funniest thing here was the arrogant rant of Brawny the Clown, as usual on these kind of situations.

I guess when TGF gets irritated, Brawn has to say something... recently he's become a mouthpeice of MS. As we all know MS likes to remain 'politically correct', its Mr. Brawn who usually vents out the frustration.