Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 26 May 2004, 18:22 (Ref:984218)   #1
b0d
Rookie

b0d should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oulton Photos

Thought I'd share some photos from the weekend's meeting.

First up, the people shots - grid girls & drivers ...
Oulton Park 23/05/2004
(I'd appreciate if anybody could identify the un-named freckled driver for me!)

Comments welcomed. Shots of cars from both days to follow.
Old 26 May 2004, 18:26 (Ref:984227)   #2
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
b0d Nice photos (of the drivers) I think your freckled nose driver is Carl Breeze.
Old 26 May 2004, 19:14 (Ref:984266)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
correct
Old 26 May 2004, 19:45 (Ref:984296)   #4
b0d
Rookie

Oops. Sorry for posting this in the wrong forum, I didn't spot this one. Thanks to whoever moved it.

Claire & Bella, thanks for the id

A quick question about the forum ... is it okay to post links to galleries like this, or better to post the occasional selected shot? Also does the 400x400 limit for embedded photos apply to images hosted on my own server too?

Edit to say: Now that I'm in a photography forum I would welcome any comments/critiques.
Cheers, Paul

Last edited by b0d; 26 May 2004 at 19:52.
Old 26 May 2004, 20:00 (Ref:984316)   #5
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Welcome Paul,

There's a few ongoing thread for posting your best pic, also see the Forum Guidelines hot topic.

We like to keep the 400x400 limit even for pictures hosted on another site. Although it doesn't impact on 10-Tenths' bandwith useage it can be a pain for those on dial-up or with low res screens to have to deal with page after page of huge images.
Old 26 May 2004, 22:08 (Ref:984483)   #6
b0d
Rookie

Thanks Nigel, I usually use 800x whatever for the web, but can appreciate how bad a forum full of images that size would be over a modem. I'll be joining in those threads.

More photos:
I've now sorted out the best of the shots from Saturday. This was my first time shooting with the Sigma 100-300 f4 and 2x extender - it was great to be able to get in tight on the cars at last!

Oulton Park 22/05/2004

Enjoy, Paul.
Old 26 May 2004, 22:21 (Ref:984496)   #7
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the BMW BTCC ones, I managed to get a similar shot from the spectator banking. Thats a very nice gallery of shots

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 27 May 2004, 07:01 (Ref:984728)   #8
SPARK Msport
Veteran

England
Carshalton, Surrey
SPARK Msport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think looking at both b0d and Duff's images the future of photography is safe

b0d and Duff's - How did you get such great pic's? I take it you didn't need any sort of important pass's, I take it you sat in the best place possible and used your zoom to good effect? Also, what sort of camera do you use? I take it it's digital
Old 27 May 2004, 08:51 (Ref:984821)   #9
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks dude That is exactly what I did; Oulton Park is a great track in the sense that they don't need the high fences that cover Silverstone and Donington for example because it doesn't need to be up to FIA standard. So even if you do have the passes and you can maybe get to one of two places a spectator wouldn't it doesn't matter so much because you can just zoom in from the outside of the circuit (on a spectator bank for example) and still get a very decent shot. And you can basically do this all the way around the circuit (where there are footpaths of course, you can't actually walk all the way around the outside). There is also a great place to stand on the apex of druids where you are about 4meters away from the actual apex itself! You barely need the zoom for that shot! So Oulton Park is a very good photographer’s circuit. The camera I am using is a digital Fujifilm S5000. More info about it here

I sometimes wish I had a better site to upload my photos on to though. b0d, how did you get your site up and running, any info would be great.

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 28 May 2004, 12:30 (Ref:986183)   #10
b0d
Rookie

Thanks Spark,
I was on the spectator side of the fences too, but as Duff' says, Oulton is great for the lack of debris fencing.

As for my camera, I've stepped up to a Canon 10D this year after using a Fuji S602 (very similar to the S5000) for the last year and a half.

Duffacus - I use a package called Gallery for my site. It takes as bit of setting up (and your host must provide PHP4 support), but it gives you complete control:
http://gallery.menalto.com
Old 30 May 2004, 22:49 (Ref:988700)   #11
b0d
Rookie

And finally ... the rest of the race day shots, spread over 2 pages:
Oulton Park 23/05/2004