Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Apr 2006, 16:57 (Ref:1574655)   #26
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe rossi
Yes, but Klien's manager doesn't have "Todt" in his name, does he?
And, I have to say (respect to your opinion Skam) but Klein is definitely not more talented than Massa!

My opinion yes, but backed up by facts I think. Jean Todt has also been quite eager to promote his new charge with quite a few words of praise. He is confident Felipe will show people throughout the season jsut how good he really is (let's hope consistently, because I reckon he already has shown his worth).
Old 9 Apr 2006, 17:08 (Ref:1574667)   #27
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Massa is good, but it counts for nothing when you sit in gravel traps 40% of the time.

I too rate Klien very highly.
Old 9 Apr 2006, 17:14 (Ref:1574671)   #28
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Massa is good, but it counts for nothing when you sit in gravel traps 40% of the time.
Klien had more than a hand in with the last excursion.
Old 9 Apr 2006, 17:19 (Ref:1574675)   #29
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yeah, he's alright but unless he puts DC in the shade regularly he won't be in the frame for any top line drive I would say.

I don't see 'that something' or a 'spark' in Klien that the really talented guys have. I don't mean by that ultimate WDC's necessarily, but drivers who are just quick and racers and have the potential to turn it on at any time. I will be glad for Klien if he does the business over the course of the year mind you.

I just don't see him as quick and as 'improvisational' as a Massa, JPM, Alonso or Kimi or Schu can be that's all.

I see Massa and whichever one of the current McLaren drivers leaves Ron at Maranello next year.
Old 9 Apr 2006, 17:21 (Ref:1574678)   #30
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Klien tends to get unrecognised, this is further proof of that!

But he races surprisingly well, he's 'my type of racer' more or less.

He probably won't get a topline drive, but I see a nice career for him with the odd sneaky win.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 12:21 (Ref:1577531)   #31
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm not sure he will get the "old" sneaky win....I can see him being top six but nothing much more than that, imo.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 13:37 (Ref:1577609)   #32
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

We'll see!
Old 10 Apr 2006, 13:40 (Ref:1577614)   #33
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Klien had more than a hand in with the last excursion.
Well, if Massa hadn't missed his braking point into turn 1 then he wouldn't have found himself lodged in between two cars, with the carnage as a result...
I still find it surprising that Ferrari picked him, although not so surprising at the same time as he's just a good nr 2 to TGF, just like Rubens.

Anyway, I still can't see Kimi leaving McLaren for Ferrari.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 14:44 (Ref:1577664)   #34
DeoValente
Racer

DeoValente has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Massa better deliber some ultra clean results for the next 6 races or ill bet theyll give Badoer a long overdue chance to race. Eventhough Todt is his manager, if Ferrari dont score constructorspoints Montezemolo will not be happy. And i dont think Jean Todt will be having any problems with axing Felipe either.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 16:50 (Ref:1577786)   #35
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt they will give badoer a chance and I doubt honestly that he would 100% be interested. Hes doing well in his current rols and is very good according to sources at developing the car. He is also somewhat without scrutiny. By putting himself into another drivers spot after he was fired opens up the medias and fans eyes to close scrutiny
Old 10 Apr 2006, 21:01 (Ref:1577996)   #36
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeoValente
ill bet theyll give Badoer a long overdue chance to race.
Never happen, it didn't happen 7 years ago when Michael broke his leg, it won't happen this season.

Quote:
Eventhough Todt is his manager,
I take it you mean Todt's son?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man
I still find it surprising that Ferrari picked him,
See above (Todt's son)
Old 10 Apr 2006, 21:08 (Ref:1578002)   #37
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Would Badoer be any good at a GP weekend nowadays?

I have the feeling he'd be somewhat below par. Testing is totally different, as many have found out.

Marc Gene anyone?
Old 10 Apr 2006, 21:11 (Ref:1578006)   #38
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Marc Gene anyone?

2003 i would have said yes, after his outing at Monza, but after his outings for Williams in 2004 i'm not so sure.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 21:13 (Ref:1578010)   #39
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

That was my thought, 2004.

Monza 2003 was OK, but it ain't the most physical test of a driver. And he did have an awesome car.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 21:25 (Ref:1578022)   #40
Mr V
Veteran

England
And he had had a weeks testing there too.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 21:42 (Ref:1578039)   #41
DeoValente
Racer

I agree i dont think Badoer will be given an entire season, but i do think theyll grant him a race or 2 and judge over those results if they gonna buy another Salo like ( perhaps Sato? pointscoring lieutenant to Shumi or keep Luca.

I really think theyll do that to thank him for his support of being a testmule for so long. He did alost bring points home for Minardi at Austria iirc so he is capable.

And yes i was reffering to Todts son, the manager of Massa. Im sure Todt sr will not hesitate to axe Felipe in case of not delibering. Im also sure his son is sitting on top of Felipe to stay out of trouble in the next race. Wont be the first that gets chopped into the gravel at that crazy tamburello chicane.
And Ferrari needs points, points, points points.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 21:45 (Ref:1578041)   #42
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I doubt this very much. It is not in Todts nature to simply axe drivers, particularly one managed by his son.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 21:54 (Ref:1578051)   #43
DeoValente
Racer

It wont be happy hour at Todt residence I agree, but like i said Ferrari desperatly needs points in a very tough season ahead. And Felipe has a name of making lots of crashes. I think Jean was already very lenient to let Rubens go and give Felipe a chance. Him being one of the best, if not THE best teamboss in F1 right now i doubt very much hell let family ties get in the way of winning championships.

And then theres Montezemolo to think of. He has no ties whatsoever and will do anything in the best interest of the red team. And i think he was not impressed with Felipe last race and not impressed with Felipe at Bahrain with that silly spin. Ferrari drivers dont do that..at least not that often.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 21:58 (Ref:1578053)   #44
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Felipe does not have a name of making lots of crashes, you are still living in 2002 Deo!

Over the past two seasons he has been something of a revelation and transformed himself.

I accept he has not had a phenomenal start, but the promise is there. He is fundamentally very quick. His drive at Malaysia was storming and he looked good at Bahrain until he got, shall we say, over exuberant!

The key here is how quickly he learns....and I expect Felipe will improve considerably over this season (which he will complete)!
Old 10 Apr 2006, 23:33 (Ref:1578095)   #45
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Klien tends to get unrecognised, this is further proof of that!

But he races surprisingly well, he's 'my type of racer' more or less.

He probably won't get a topline drive, but I see a nice career for him with the odd sneaky win.

agree with you there knowlesy, klien goes pretty unnoticed, but doesn't make many mistakes and i think he has been showing DC up to be a bit of a has-been (but still worthy of the RBR drive IMO for his wealth of experience, consistency and knowledge in developing that car)...

I think the real question to be asked for next year is: will JPM get a drive anywhere? i would say after his early season form that unless he turns things around (i think the mclaren will definitely come good soon, if not imola) pretty dramatically that neither a big team or a mid team will want him for his inconsistency of late? the way he's driving, i think he's starting to feel the pinch a little too...

On current form, i could only see a seat at toyota open for him (to replace the fragile trulli, keep ralf).. If he strings some wins and irons out his mistakes, i still think he will be ousted from mclaren, but might get a look in at ferrari, toyota or RBR. Personally, i think seeing JPM in a ferrari is an exciting prospect, and they seem very suited to each other - imagine MS and JPM as teammates in 2007! (probably unlikely but we can hope...), but he wouldnt be paired with massa because they're too similar in styles...
Old 10 Apr 2006, 23:42 (Ref:1578100)   #46
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
...Badoer will be given...a race or 2 [by Ferrari] and [will be] judge[d] over those results if they gonna buy another Salo like ( perhaps Sato? pointscoring lieutenant to Shumi or keep Luca.

I really think theyll do that to thank him for his support of being a testmule for so long.
Firstly, Badoer will never be given a race-drive by Ferrari. It doesn't make any sense.

Out of interest, what makes you say Salo name instead of Irvine or Rubens? Of those three, Salo has to be the worst one to choose for the purpose of your post.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 23:44 (Ref:1578101)   #47
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I think JPM will still be an attractive draw for a lot of teams....he is, after all, a race winner and still very quick.

And he drove alright in Australia I thought, seemed like he was getting back on top of things. But the crazy circumstances led to his demise.

Apart from that, he took a faulty car to solid points in the first two races, hardly awful!

Mario Theissen will probably be keen on him and RBR as well.....among a few others. There is no question of JPM staying at McLaren...it is quite clear he wants out to me, he ain't suited to that team!
Old 10 Apr 2006, 23:45 (Ref:1578102)   #48
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
Firstly, Badoer will never be given a race-drive by Ferrari. It doesn't make any sense.

Out of interest, what makes you say Salo name instead of Irvine or Rubens? Of those three, Salo has to be the worst one to choose for the purpose of your post.
I think because Salo was a sub himself, which is what we are discussing here....I think.
Old 11 Apr 2006, 00:23 (Ref:1578115)   #49
DeoValente
Racer

knowlesy gave the correct answer..in the hypothetical case some driver has to substitute Felipe in the middle of the season, they'll probably go for Badoer or buy some guy away from another team like they did with Salo.

And i hope youre right knowlesy, and that Felipe wont make a mess of my beloved scuderia. Any change is not helping them win the constructors again. Or make it more easy.
Old 11 Apr 2006, 00:25 (Ref:1578118)   #50
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
It was you refering to Salo as having been a "lieutenant" to "Schumi" in the past that was confusing you see. Given he was never hired for that purpose.