Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Mar 2006, 12:51 (Ref:1534637)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Kimi signs for Ferrari?

This story just won't go away.http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns16325.html
Old 2 Mar 2006, 15:17 (Ref:1534724)   #2
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
It'd be interesting to know where Massa could go for 2007, and/or if he'd be hot property. I mean obviously it depends on how well he does this season, but I think it's either going to do him big favours or quite the opposite. I think he'll probably be quite hot property as people will want to know as much from the Ferrari gang as possible for any hints/tips.. Although, that depends on how well the Ferrari itself does this year too!

Ohhhh the variables... It's going to be a good season.

Selby
Old 2 Mar 2006, 15:57 (Ref:1534743)   #3
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
It is not going to go away because that is where Kimi will be in 2007..
Old 2 Mar 2006, 17:52 (Ref:1534805)   #4
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I have been thinking about this one.

Michael has made it pretty clear he will retire if the car is not in-the-hunt, and unclear regarding if it is competitve.

Let us suppose two things:

1) Kimi has signed the contract for 2007, and it is regardless whether or not Michael is there.

2) The 2006 Ferrari is not in-the-hunt.

I wonder if the existence of (1) would cause Michael to be inclined to stay on for another year despite (2), or whether (1) would assure his departure (including if (2) were false)?

I for one would love Kimi to move to Ferrari in 2007. That would be great. It would absolutely be my preference that Michael stays on to battle with him, but I can cope if he doesn't.

Whilst I want Michael to continue as long as he is decent enough, bearing in mind that it will be a truly weird and painful experience when he retires, due to the short-term nature of his continuation in the sport if his being present was a deal-breaker with Kimi I would prefer that Michael retires.

Ferrari need a top-class driver to keep things going, and thus cannot afford to let an opportunity such as Kimi pass by.
Old 2 Mar 2006, 18:15 (Ref:1534810)   #5
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
This story just won't go away.http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns16325.html
...and where there's smoke.....

I think the chances are very strong that Kimi will be at Maranello next season.
I doubt TGF will be there with him.
Montoya is all sulky because St. Fernando was announced early, so potentially Ron will be looking for someone to sit alongside Alonso. Could Mercedes finally pull off the coup they have coveted all these years?

But I think its more likely that michael will retire at the conclusion of 2006.
Old 2 Mar 2006, 19:17 (Ref:1534845)   #6
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EERO
...and where there's smoke.....

....there's fire,but that's usually something to do with Mercedes Benz.
Old 2 Mar 2006, 20:28 (Ref:1534894)   #7
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The best opinion I have ever heard about these stories came from one of the members here, don't remember who it was - sorry. Raikkonen could get a contract with ANY team in a matter of seconds. WHY would he sign anything yet? He can just wait and see how this year goes. If by August McLaren have failed, he can easily move to Renault, Ferrari, Honda, Toyota, anywhere really....
Old 2 Mar 2006, 20:30 (Ref:1534895)   #8
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
....there's fire,but that's usually something to do with Mercedes Benz.
As a long-time McLaren fan I feel obliged to respectfully mention that many times have we seen smoke from the Mercedes engines, but only seldom have we seen fire.
Old 2 Mar 2006, 22:01 (Ref:1534955)   #9
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Kimi has already signed then it could be a potentially stupid move on his behalf. He is such hot property at the moment that he has no need to rush into a deal. He could leave it right to the end of next season & several teams would still make room for him in the team. The Ferrari this year could be rubbish & with the top designers etc. at Ferrari starting to leave then it wouldn't be a great idea to join at this point. Even if he did then choose to move to Ferrari it's not as if they would say 'you didn't sign with us back in Feb/March so you can't join!' Why rush it!

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 2 Mar 2006, 22:03 (Ref:1534957)   #10
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Id place a massive bet this is spin. Montoya is in line, in my opinion, for the Ferrari seat
Old 2 Mar 2006, 22:20 (Ref:1534971)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menelaos
The best opinion I have ever heard about these stories came from one of the members here, don't remember who it was - sorry. Raikkonen could get a contract with ANY team in a matter of seconds. WHY would he sign anything yet? He can just wait and see how this year goes. If by August McLaren have failed, he can easily move to Renault, Ferrari, Honda, Toyota, anywhere really....
It might be. But because Ferrari wants, because is TGF that would retire, and because he's the better option available, they wouldn't want to wait.
It's TGF that will retire, a multiple champion, that changed Ferrari and molded Formula One the way it is today. Looking at the big picture, there's no one that can turn out be the "next TGF" in the short future. Ferrari won't trust a "promising" but rookie to substitute him or a talent that is moving from another motorsport like Rossi. It simply can't be.
Personally, I believe Kimi is the best choice, not because the lack of candidates, but because Ferrari has always showed interest in him, and he fits in their profile. Kimi might not become the "next TGF", but has everything to become the most successful driver after the TGF era. And Ferrari wouldn't want to miss it.
Old 2 Mar 2006, 22:23 (Ref:1534974)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh... and unless Massa beat all the field, win WDC and leave TGF completely nowhere near him... He will not be Ferrari's choice for #1 driver.
Old 2 Mar 2006, 22:27 (Ref:1534978)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta
Id place a massive bet this is spin. Montoya is in line, in my opinion, for the Ferrari seat
Unless I am misjudging Ferrari policies, which I can be wrong !, JPM doesn't fit their style.
Old 2 Mar 2006, 22:59 (Ref:1535006)   #14
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
According to Eddie Jordan, Montoya is in the frame, and hes rarely wrong in his predictions. See F1 Mag
Old 3 Mar 2006, 00:49 (Ref:1535064)   #15
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
As a long-time McLaren fan I feel obliged to respectfully mention that many times have we seen smoke from the Mercedes engines, but only seldom have we seen fire.
There's no smoke without fire (even if it's just a little bit).
Old 3 Mar 2006, 01:55 (Ref:1535084)   #16
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:

True but he is going to Ferrari..
Old 3 Mar 2006, 14:55 (Ref:1535501)   #17
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think it is all but done... Kimi IMO will be going to Ferrari regardless of what Schumacher does.
Even if they say to the contrary, i dont think Ferrari can wait till mid season when most of the drivers wil be commited to see what Schumacher does for next year. They need a top driver to replace Schumacher whenever he deicides to go, and signing Kimi who is available right now will insure this, even if they have to pit Schumi against Raikkonnen next year if Schumacher does stay. (and is that scenario really bad? having two of the top drivers driving for you.)
Old 3 Mar 2006, 15:27 (Ref:1535522)   #18
ActiveMS
Racer

ActiveMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope it is all smoke and mirrors and monty the bulldozer goes there.
Can you really see Kimi and the Italians getting along?

Big Boss Ferrari/Fiat: Ey... kimsy, how dooya like de way she goez around da bends...aint she lovely?

Kimi: Nope, what are you on about you overaged playboy wannabe? Where's the rocket ship you promised? oh and the olive oil in the engine aint workin.

Kimi has a better chance with other teams...it is a huge risk otherwise.
I think Kimo and Alonso would be a blinding combination!!

I would have thought if he was given the choice, and he pretty much has the say in whatever team he wishes to drive for and, say he wanted to change teams he would choose.....either Williams and/or Redbull or possibly Toyota. Surely they would be a better bet than the prancing ponies.

Bring on 2006 though....yee ha
Old 3 Mar 2006, 17:19 (Ref:1535553)   #19
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
True but he is going to Ferrari..
Best argument ever Can't say much to prove you wrong now can I?
Old 3 Mar 2006, 17:21 (Ref:1535555)   #20
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActiveMS
I think Kimo and Alonso would be a blinding combination!!
Yeah, I really hope Kimi will stay at McLaren, that would be great, finally seeing two of the BEST drivers (or THE BEST drivers, if MS goes) in the same team. That would be amazing really!!
Old 3 Mar 2006, 18:20 (Ref:1535580)   #21
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari? No, he already has a 3 - year contract with Toyota, starting 2007.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 3 Mar 2006, 21:16 (Ref:1535707)   #22
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I honestly think with this much rumor and unnuendo if it where true someone would have confirmed it by now (even if done anonymously) and it would have completely blown up the off season news casts
Old 3 Mar 2006, 22:54 (Ref:1535788)   #23
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if you're looking for a source...

my friend told me that Kimi has infact signed a secret contract with Ferrari next year

by the way in case you were wondering my friend's name is Chuck Norris and he will drop kick you for real if you call him a liar!
Old 4 Mar 2006, 02:23 (Ref:1535855)   #24
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl
if you're looking for a source...

my friend told me that Kimi has infact signed a secret contract with Ferrari next year

by the way in case you were wondering my friend's name is Chuck Norris and he will drop kick you for real if you call him a liar!
CHUCK??? Wow, then I think that settles it No one can mess with this guy!! I mean, if Chuck says Kimi has a contract with Ferrari, at least someone tell Kimi or he could end up kicked in the face. Chuck is more real than reality.
Old 4 Mar 2006, 12:33 (Ref:1536093)   #25
Korr
Racer

Korr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guys, this is all getting out of hand.

I am Chuck Norris, and I will be racing for Ferrari in 2007.

You should see my first turn chop!